The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
the new Tomy TDI lol.
yo i'll solve it. check out ma hook as my dj revolves it?
great, the value of the car just got further reduced!
How much HP was added?
No stickers, so none. He gained about 1 by cleaning the engine bay, but lost it again by painting the covers.
Yeah I lost about 30bhp because the weight of the paint and laquer...also handles badly because of the extra weight up front.
You're starting to become a quality chav for real.

First you say you got engine problems but no money to fix it, then you buy a load of crap for your car and start painting stuff in your engine bay in stupid colors... what's next, neons?

At the end you'll sell it as a molested car with technical problems...
Quote from jibber :You're starting to become a quality chav for real.

Starting to? Have you forgotten about the Corsa?
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Starting to? Have you forgotten about the Corsa?

Didn't he buy it like that already? Well, ok... nobody forced him to buy it.
Quote from jibber :Didn't he buy it like that already? Well, ok... nobody forced him to buy it.

Not only did he buy it like that, but he paid extra for it like that.

Yummy!
Quote from jibber :You're starting to become a quality chav for real.

First you say you got engine problems but no money to fix it, then you buy a load of crap for your car and start painting stuff in your engine bay in stupid colors... what's next, neons?

Yeah bruv init I am getting lyke wide arch kit n neonz n hydraulics n shit.

No. My engine was fixed (it was a fuel temp sensor so cost £21) and it's very uncommon to see a detailed engine bay so I thought I'd do something. If it's that important the covers are about £50 from VW and can easily be had for £30 for a complete set on ebay soo if it's that much of a problem I will simply buy standard ones.

I am slowly making it my own. Nothing I'm going to do to it will alter the bodywork aside from the GTI bumpers and skirts...so by calling that chav you will be calling a GTI chav? :O That's a connundrum! Whether anyone else likes or dislikes what I do is largely irrelevant (that's a big grey thing with a trunk), but I like peoples feedback. However, nothing anyone has said is constructive...which is a shame!

Eitherway, I'm really proud of what I've done. Turned out really good.

FTR I paid less for my Corsa than I would have for a standard one...probably because of the mods. I didn't like that car very much, we all make mistakes but oh well.

Nice there Mr Doyal. Gonna look lovely and shinyy
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Yeah bruv init I am getting lyke wide arch kit n neonz n hydraulics n shit.

No. My engine was fixed (it was a fuel temp sensor so cost £21) and it's very uncommon to see a detailed engine bay so I thought I'd do something. If it's that important the covers are about £50 from VW and can easily be had for £30 for a complete set on ebay soo if it's that much of a problem I will simply buy standard ones.

I am slowly making it my own. Nothing I'm going to do to it will alter the bodywork aside from the GTI bumpers and skirts...so by calling that chav you will be calling a GTI chav? :O That's a connundrum! Whether anyone else likes or dislikes what I do is largely irrelevant (that's a big grey thing with a trunk), but I like peoples feedback. However, nothing anyone has said is constructive...which is a shame!

Eitherway, I'm really proud of what I've done. Turned out really good.

FTR I paid less for my Corsa than I would have for a standard one...probably because of the mods. I didn't like that car very much, we all make mistakes but oh well.

Nice there Mr Doyal. Gonna look lovely and shinyy

Nothing wrong with making it your own.
Quote from morpha :No stickers, so none. He gained about 1 by cleaning the engine bay, but lost it again by painting the covers.

he port and polished the headstock, thats 15 hp afaik.
Quote from doyal :[IMG*]http://doyal.1g.fi/kuvat/Nissan%20S14/bionicnissan/_MG_8224.jpg/_big.jpg[/IMG]
Yummy!

Enjoy your meal
god it looks like it grilled a bird LOL

should be able to buy my weds sports this week!!! wooty woo!
also will be lowering my car another half inch :/
I should be near dragging mudflaps 24/7 lulz

oh and on subject of manual vs auto. I .. will never go back to automatic, I hate driving automatics now, I get so bored and feel so out of touch and control. And not having anything for my left foot just feels weird :/
Quote from S14 DRIFT : Nothing I'm going to do to it will alter the bodywork aside from the GTI bumpers and skirts...so by calling that chav you will be calling a GTI chav?

Well, firstly, at least in my area, almost every Golf is a chav car. That's why insuring a Golf over here cost's twice as much as any other car with similar specs. The GTI is simply the peak of chav cars, either dreamed about by poor chavs, or bought by not so poor ones.

So going for GTI bumpers and skirts IS definately very chav. And sorry too, because, at least over here, it would translate to: I'm a poor chav who can't afford to buy the real deal, but I hope to make people think by creating a lookalike. It's comparable those toyota celica to ferrari conversions that were linked in these forums a few years ago, just not that extremely shameful.

Which remembers me of a schoolmate of mine. He bough quite a run down Mk3 Golf D with 64 bhp. Over the years, he spend so much money on making it look like a sportscar that he could've bought a proper car if he just had saved the money...
Quote from ColeusRattus :l.

Which remembers me of a schoolmate of mine. He bough quite a run down Mk3 Golf D with 64 bhp. Over the years, he spend so much money on making it look like a sportscar that he could've bought a proper car if he just had saved the money...

thats the thing though, most can't save their money and asuch.... deserve what the get.... which is a ripped off next to nothing.
Quote from ColeusRattus :

I remember talking to a person that spent 40'000 Euro on modifying a Seat Leon over the years. The result was not bad quality, but looked hideous (body kits, lambo doors, 4 tip exhaust, huge wheels, you name it). The car looked like a spaceship but still had the original engine and power.
I asked him why he spent so much money on the car, since he could have easily bought an elise or a used porsche for that money (just gave him a few examples). His answer was that he prefers the modified leon, since it would be more unique and much cooler.

I guess some people prefer to modify (ruin) cars for stupid ammounts of money, rather than spending said money on a car that's nice to begin with and leave it as it is.
I don't see why people have problems with other people modifying their cars....
Yeah some do it totally wrong like the ricers, but what jamie is doing is nothing bad tbh. I am maybe gonna paint my car flat black and i think it will go great with my white wheels, plus it looks like shit with rust everywhere now, and i have stickerss on my backwindow just for the lolz. Problem for you too?
Yeah I don't know what the big deal is either, it's a diesel "GLOF", nobody wants that anyway regardless of what colour the engine cover is
I'm not saying it's not a good vehicle, but it's freakishly heavy, quite big (for what is supposed to be a hot hatch) and as ColeusRattus already stated, not that cheap to run (here, anyway).

A friend of mine shares a Mk5 1.9 TDI with his older brother and they're paying ~1750€/year insurance + taxes for it. To put that into perspective, I'm paying ~2050€/year for my Supra.
Quote from ColeusRattus :Well, firstly, at least in my area, almost every Golf is a chav car. That's why insuring a Golf over here cost's twice as much as any other car with similar specs. The GTI is simply the peak of chav cars, either dreamed about by poor chavs, or bought by not so poor ones.

So going for GTI bumpers and skirts IS definately very chav. And sorry too, because, at least over here, it would translate to: I'm a poor chav who can't afford to buy the real deal, but I hope to make people think by creating a lookalike. It's comparable those toyota celica to ferrari conversions that were linked in these forums a few years ago, just not that extremely shameful.

Golf aint chav man. Opel Corsa is chav, Clio is chav, Punto is chav, cos the people who own those cars know nothing of what its like to drive a decet one.
Quote from BlueFlame :Golf aint chav man. Opel Corsa is chav, Clio is chav, Punto is chav, cos the people who own those cars know nothing of what its like to drive a decet one.

Maybe where you live. Over here, if you even make the slightest modification to a golf, you're seen as a chav.
Quote from ColeusRattus :Well, firstly, at least in my area, almost every Golf is a chav car. That's why insuring a Golf over here cost's twice as much as any other car with similar specs. The GTI is simply the peak of chav cars, either dreamed about by poor chavs, or bought by not so poor ones.

The GTI is the peak of Volkswagens engineering know-how to create a fast, good handling hatchback which can genuinly be used every day, with superior build quality and good amounts of power and torque. It's regarded as one of the best hot hatches, if you won't take my word take Mr Clarksons, WhatCar, Autocar, EVOMagazine, CAR, and Top Gear Magazine.

Quote :So going for GTI bumpers and skirts IS definately very chav. And sorry too, because, at least over here, it would translate to: I'm a poor chav who can't afford to buy the real deal, but I hope to make people think by creating a lookalike. It's comparable those toyota celica to ferrari conversions that were linked in these forums a few years ago, just not that extremely shameful.

I make no bones about it, I cannot afford a GTI. Then again, I wouldn't buy one if I could. I would buy a 2.0TDI and make that into a GTI, because a 2.0TDI chipped is quicker than a GTI. Plus you have to think about MPG and what not...even giving it a good blast I still managed 500 miles to a tank which is about 48.5 MPG.

I am 20,with a house to run and bills to pay. I do not live at home with mummy and daddy...on £15,000 a year. What do you expect? I literally just have enough to keep afloat, and while I get a little help from my Mum, that's much more for food and £20/£30 here and there, rather than months of bills paid for me - so a "nicer" car as you so eloquently put it is simply not an option. (just exactly what is not "nice" about a Golf anyway...:really

It's not comparble to a MR2 (which is what I think you're referring to) to Ferrari conversion because those are horrible and tacky, in general. Some are very nice but aren't my cup of tea.

That's the look I'm going for at the front end. Exactly what is wrong with that, other than your obvious hatred for modification in any way, or/and of me?

Quote :Which remembers me of a schoolmate of mine. He bough quite a run down Mk3 Golf D with 64 bhp. Over the years, he spend so much money on making it look like a sportscar that he could've bought a proper car if he just had saved the money...

There are several things to remember. Firstly, if you start with a Mk3 you're never going to end up with a Sportscar.

However, if your friend was happy with it, what is your problem? If you have a problem with a fat person, for example, do you go up to their face (or type angrily behind your keyboard) saying how if only they did "this" or "that" they would have "this" or "that"?

Sure if you buy a car for £5000, and over 3 years spend another £5000 in total on modifying it, then technically yes, you could have bought another car. But most of us only have a couple of hundred pounds left over after each paycheck (personally I have less than that but I digress) - We can get little bits and pieces here and there but lack the outright funds to make huge payments.

I like my Mk5, they are a bit common so I want to make it personal. If I buy a "proper car" (what's not proper about a Golf, whether it's a Mk3, Mk4 or Mk5? They have 4 wheels, an engine and some seats, thus they are as much of a car as any Ferrari or Porsche), then I will have simply purchased another white good. Another box on wheels.

You're from Switzerland, amiright? Where it's illegal to do anything to your car, you're not allowed to lower it, or modify it..or even change the exhaust.

As for running costs (Morpha), it costs £120 a year to Tax (which is £60 less than my friends 1.2 Vauxhall Corsa), does 60mpg on a cruise (about 40% more than my friends 1.2 Corsa), only the service intervals of 10,000 miles (oil and filter) push running costs up, but then again oil and filter is £80 from an independant dealer. It's easy on tyres and brakes so it's actually a very "sensible" car. *just using a 1.2 Corsa as an example as that's what most young people tend to get as a first car*

Insurance is alot for me but that's more to do with the fact I'm paying monthly (thus had to phone up and thus lost my "online" discount), otherwise it would have been cheaper than my old 1.4 Corsa.

You're comparing insurance costs on their Mk5 TDI to your Supra, but you likely take no consideration on price, location (even a few streets away can be a big difference in price), previous driving history, ages, etc. And because they're sharing a car (presumably) they have 2 drivers on one policy which often raises the price again. My GLOF was one of the cheapest cars to insure for me (cheaper than Fiestas, Polos, Saxos, Corsas, etc) hence why I got it.

If you think that making a regular Golf look like a GTI, a little more individual, when it's nearly as fast as a GTI right now (thanks to the remap) and soon to be faster (Stage 2 turbo), then really what is your objection?

Oh well, what's having a debate going to acomplish, because I fear that people are too narrow minded. :sadbanana
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG