The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyQ_BexSgC4
before this happened, one swedish driver with almost completely bald tyres at front (wtf), drove his Supra straight into wall of dirt without any sideways action.. can't find video of that.
That was totally unnecesarry... I would be pissed off if that happened to me... He could've avoided it by just not staying on the throttle..
Were stoned so we decided to make some pics of the car.
As already said, haters gonna hate

What's there to hate? Looks perfectly usable, bit stiff maybe but no drama.
That is quite possibly the nicest BMW I've seen in a long time. Do like.
Do want.
You would have to try really hard to hate that tbh. Very nice ride you got there.
Thanks guys.
By far the best car i owned till now, and the next one will be a Ci, too (by the ending of this year). But with bigger Engine, auto and M-Package.
We have all been decieved. Bring thy hate onto him!
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Oh god please no. Manual or nothing!

I am a big manual fan, but really auto is king these days, manual if you plan on hitting up a track, but then the BMW semiauto is quite sweet and lets you pretend you're in a touring car. For driving on the roads, in town, on the motorway, you want an auto, manual is just too much hassle.
I really enjoy DSG. Drove with it in Golf R32 and the S3, and it's just awesome Sometimes you can miss the manual, but mostly you're just loving the DSG

Post 999 ftw.
I drove some autos but I hated all of them. It's like sitting in a machine that's driving itself, instead of YOU driving it. Could never enjoy one, but it's just me.
autos are good... preff in a lexus or a nice smooth boat like that
Quote from RasmusL :I really enjoy DSG. Drove with it in Golf R32 and the S3, and it's just awesome Sometimes you can miss the manual, but mostly you're just loving the DSG

Post 999 ftw.

DSG in a Golf 1.6 is a lot less fun though
I really love the bmw manual transmission and the six cylinder sounds amazing but most of the time while driving to work im stuck in city traffic so the auto is way better here. Thought about the SMG but i heard too many people have problems with it (atleast the older e46 series)
2005 Dodge grand caravan, 3.3 Liter V6 Engine...
Shes a keeper... :3
I talk to her and complementer her everyday because im too lazy to get off my but and get a girlfreind.
The Ultimate Driving Machine = stick .
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I am a big manual fan, but really auto is king these days, manual if you plan on hitting up a track, but then the BMW semiauto is quite sweet and lets you pretend you're in a touring car....

Breaking it up....

For driving on the roads,

Manual all the way. Driving along in your auto, hill coming up, press throttle and car continues to slow down. Press throttle some more, car continues to slow down. Press some more, continues to slow down until it shifts down a gear and you find yourself at 3/4 throttle so you go racing up the hill. Let off throttle, shifts back up, and you're slowing down again to repeat the process.

in town,

Short running of throttle from stop to stop. throttle, shifts to 2nd, throttle then let off and go for brakes for the next stop. Between getting off the throttle and getting over to the brakes, car shifts up to 3rd and surges forward, something that you don't want to happen because you are heading for the brakes to slow down for another stop.

on the motorway,

Really? Charging around an onramp to the motorway, it's sometimes the only time to have some fun on the roads.

you want an auto, manual is just too much hassle.

You missed traffic, another argument everyone puts out for auto. Everywhere around me, people are stomp the throttle, accelerate, stomp the brake, stop, rinse and repeat. Me, I leave it in 1st with the clutch out. Just idle along at a constant pace. Traffic a little faster than that? Slip it into 2nd and idle along. So much less hassle than constantly going throttle, brake, throttle, brake.

Three years I was stuck with an auto. I couldn't drive it for crap. The car did everything opposite of what I wanted it to do. Surging when I wanted to slow. Shifting up when I wanted to stay in gear or shift down. Lag on upshifting when I wanted it to upshift.

Toss in all the rest of the auto crap in my wife's vehicle and things really got bad for winter driving. Mirror auto dimmed. Driving up and down hills, the car behind entered my mirror blinding me. By the time the mirror auto dimmed, the car was gone and mirror when back. Then car appeared on the next hill again blinding me.

Auto 4WD. It senses when the front slips and applies power to the rear. Hmm, if it senses slip, that tells me I'VE ALREADY SLIPPED! IT'S TOO LATE! I want to prevent slip by putting it in 4WD, not sense it after the fact and try to correct. Nearly caused me to crash once. Pulling out onto a busy road, have to give some acceleration. Front tires slip pushing the front end towards the opposite traffic lane. At that point, the computer senses it slamming power to the rear which also spins putting the car sideways and sliding the rear end over into the opposite lane. Stupid idea sensing slip then doing something about it rather than having the operator see the road conditions and putting it into 4WD being proactive instead of reactive.

Auto crap is for girls.
manual everyday, why drive when you just want to stick it into D all day? You'll go to sleep every time you hit the highway or go into a tunnel.
MrRodgers: You need to learn to drive then. I've never had any of the problems you're talking about when driving slush. The hill issue says yoour kick down wasn't working, but you can tell the box to use a low gear with the slider anyway, nose to tail just lift off the brake and idle forwards. I've forgotten the rest of your points, but there you go.

I'm mostly driving a manual these days and it is only better on the B-Road Blast, after that it might as well be a slush.

AutoAWD is a pointless invention, but that was about fuel economy while driving through town, not offroad ability.
As you can see... :-)

Also T-cutted, polished, waxed and finishing sealant on the paintwork. Probably spent about 8 hours in total between painting and detailing.

Very happy
Attached images
before.jpg
prep.jpg
primed.jpg
after.jpg
Shiny.jpg
the 3 musketeers.jpg
BLUE? Geez...
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )