The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Is it me or is that a 306 front bumper?
Nah its a 106 GTI front bumper
All 4s are stretched some.
I may have to take the front tires and put them on the rear wheels which stretches it out a lot more.

I don't like the super stretch, I do like some stretch, but to make those wheels fit, they will have to stretch since they are 17x9s @ +35 I believe.
It's ... extremely unconventional to put such low offset wheels on the 3. But with some stretch and a little bit of camber they should fit.

not like some people's camber :/ YUCK

as much as everyone loves Shaw's speed 3, that camber in the back makes me hurl every time I see it.
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5418/shavi.jpg

The front to me is fine.. doubling that in the rear... no.

it's just shit like this I want to throw something at someone

that's the point where "sporty" look goes out the window and there is no contact patch and it just straight up looks retarded
That whole craze was posted all over the UKMkiV forum and it's gotten old very quickly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_vxzD6Cd6w

Stretched tyres are quite gay as well but that's just my view. Tyres should be functional and be about grip, stretching them only makes them wear out funny, not work as well and be more likely to blow out if you get a puncture.
if you aint rubbin', u aint dubbin'
I prefer my 195/65/14 tyvm.
When it comes to stretched tyres and stupidly low rides because of the camber, just think of all the delightful things that will happen when that car hits a nice speedbump.
"uh oh, yep i'm flyin through the air, this is not good"
Quote from Agniz :if you aint rubbin', u aint dubbin'

Dubbin is when you drive a Volkswagen. Dunno why everyone keeps saying it, asif it's a dubstep reference.
yeah, dubbing is short for VeeDubya. or VeeDub or Dub. kids these days pffft.
Quote from dadge :kids these days pffft.

Maybe I'm gettin on a bit.... only have to look in the mirror to see someone not too far off an old codger in a residential starin back at me.
it's not grey dude. it's wisdom white.
Quote from lukelfs :[106]

What is with the current trend of tow hooks? Especially the new cloth kind? It just looks like you expect to end up in a ditch or broken down, not 'look at me in a race car!"
Quote from Scrabby :Ok ....
Rainbows and crying people..

Time to REVIVE

Got some new wheels yew

****in awesome! Nice rear wheels haha, i want my e30 to look like that

@erik looks damn clean, no rust spots or anything am i right?
No that whole Oni camber scene.. ugh.. it's retarded. I still LOL at that video, I've seen it before but I love how you can see the stickers on the green mercede's tires!

Tire stretching is helpful according to drifters after experimentation. Which when you think about it makes sense. Stretching the tire basically .. destroys the purpose of the sidewall, which depending on the height of the tire is to allow the tire to scrub along the surface. Well, when you take that flexibility away it just rips it across the surface, as opposed to scrubbing and then ripping. Thus overall it just makes the tire more consistent in the way it handles for a drifter.

Granted 99% of everyone that extremely stretches their tires aren't drifters but, that's where it came from.

I will NOT be stretching tires this much, this is just disgusting
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/4483/beadpop02zb4.jpg
http://jdmaddiction.files.word ... 8-5_215_35_r18_falken.jpg

I will have to run about as much stretching as Kev did when he was running those wheels. Fortunately he could fit the rears in with the stock unadjustable camber arms, so I'll only be running about 1.5 or less degrees out of factory spec limits, and will have to roll my fenders.. far better than they are now lol, and maybe a slight pull in the front, some.. not much.

I doubt I will do this, it depends on what I want, but this is the front tire on the rear wheel, with a lot of stretch. He said he was rubbing on the rears with the rear tire on rear wheel. The rear tire probably had about a half inch difference in stretch width, so it had some, but that's because those are such low profile tires to begin with.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com ... 69470568_24bf56c46d_b.jpg

our cars aren't meant to handle such wide wheels at low offsets like cars like Zs and 240s and the entire vdub scene where they have so much damn space.. we have no space!

I know I want to go lower.. I just don't know what Kevin's BCs were set at, if he had all of his collars in then or not, I'll have to ask him.
If I were running like enkei RPF1s, I've seen a few guys run tire flush with some wide ass wheels, I think it would look right with my car with the flag on the back and stuff, dunno.

time and money.. time and money.. mostly money lol
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :What is with the current trend of tow hooks? Especially the new cloth kind? It just looks like you expect to end up in a ditch or broken down, not 'look at me in a race car!"

What is with the current trend of LFS users being ****s in the Post your Car thread?

who did you have to blow to get the **** namer tag?
Quote from Scrabby :le e36

Getting ready for the new paintjob as I see? Any info about the colour?
Yep, will be Yellow (not dakar yellow but you will see!)

@XCNuse (and others ):

The whole point of stretched tyres in drifting is that you can take wide wheels and just put your part worn tyres on. Like me... i have 9.5J wheels and stretch 195/50/15 on them, just because i have 50+ tyres of that size. I'm not into the scene stuff at all but i like my car looking awsome while drifting, so i don't really want to run narrow wheels (except if I don't have a choice like last driftcup ). (drifting is a show at the end of the day). For us it actually doens't matter if the sidewall gets destroyed or not, the tyres get destroyed in a day anyway . At front i do run negative camber, but it has got its functional reasons! At the back i also do have a fair amount of negative camber at the moment but that's just useless. Tyres are getting used only halfy, so I've got camberarms on my way to get a nice 0°.

Greetings,
Kevin
Quote from lukelfs :What is with the current trend of LFS users being ****s in the Post your Car thread?

You're posting your car for the world to see, you're going to get comments on it. If all you want is air blown up your arse, asking your mother if she thinks it looks cool.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG