The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Scrabby :They don't need your numberplate to steal your car lol

No, but they could easily steal my cars identity with those 7 digits... and theres a whole lot more a vindictive person could do with it as well.
Ashamed of that plate because it probably says "1MD1CK" or something like that whatever is possible in the UK xD
Quote from Jakg :It's not a need to be different. I simply do not want my numberplate on the internet...

All number plates are on the internet. There is a site which has every single numberplate registered, you can browse by prefix, etc. This only applies to regular numberplates, I don't think that personalised ones (e.g B1G NOB - cause that's what you are if you have one) are listed.

So they can't clone your car? Sorry but that's a load of crap.

More people probably see your car on the journey to Tesco than those who will ever see it on this forum...so...this is the 21st century, the people who actually clone cars and do a good job have access to the DVLA database so can just browse through and pick and choose as they wish.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :All number plates are on the internet. There is a site which has every single numberplate registered, you can browse by prefix, etc. This only applies to regular numberplates, I don't think that personalised ones (e.g B1G NOB - cause that's what you are if you have one) are listed.

It doesn't display my name, or what car it belongs to, though.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :So they can't clone your car? Sorry but that's a load of crap.

Well if you dont know my numberplate it would be rather hard to clone it... before I got it the cars plate was stolen for this exact reason.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
More people probably see your car on the journey to Tesco than those who will ever see it on this forum...so...this is the 21st century, the people who actually clone cars and do a good job have access to the DVLA database so can just browse through and pick and choose as they wish.

I'm sure people see it every journey I make - but the point is that if you've nicked a blue ZT, and want to sell it on pretending its straight (or just drive around in it for a while) it's going to be a LOT easier to type "blue zt" into Google images than it is to drive around until you find one (i see one like mine every 5k miles...).

I doubt that such theives are on this forum - but this forum (and others those pics are on) are highly ranked on Google searches... which means by keyword matching it will appear high in the image results.

I also don't think you'd need access to the DVLA to get a plate, it's easy just to browse Autotrader / eBay / Google, rather than go to the hastle of paying someone off.

Secondly, thanks to the infamous "section 59", you can start some rather scary legal shit going with no proof at all, and nothing but a reg plate and then some convincing details of the driver (which would be easy to gleam from my forum posts), and I would have absolutely no right of recourse and could potentially lose my car... (although I have to admit this is very unlikely to happen).
Quote from Jakg :Shameless pic whoring...

wtf, those are gay led lights at the left side of fog light?
Quote from Agniz :wtf, those are gay led lights at the left side of fog light?

Whats wrong with "gay led lights"?
They make you look like a flaming homosexual.

Not that you are, just saying what's wrong with gay LED lights.
My thoughts copied and pasted from elsewhere...

Have you seen the new Audi DRL / LED Running lights?

i'm sure the answer is yes... everyone has. Usually with an insult at the end... but everyone notices it!

A car is not hard to see, but often people see the car, but don't register it. A bright brilliant white light forces you to register that theres a car

Unfortunately most people look, but don't actually see...
Quote from Jakg :It doesn't display my name, or what car it belongs to, though.
Well if you dont know my numberplate it would be rather hard to clone it... before I got it the cars plate was stolen for this exact reason.

No that is true however all you need to do is to put the reg number into one of the many websites which sell you HPI checks and it will tell you what car it is. And with the numberplate and a few quid at the post office you can get registered keepers name and address.

Quote :I'm sure people see it every journey I make - but the point is that if you've nicked a blue ZT, and want to sell it on pretending its straight (or just drive around in it for a while) it's going to be a LOT easier to type "blue zt" into Google images than it is to drive around until you find one (i see one like mine every 5k miles...).

You're like my Mum, who worries that if she uses her card online she will have it cloned if she so much as looks at a "please pay here page".

Cars are cloned by chance, whether or not you post it online on a forum is not really going to increase the chance of YOUR car being cloned. They need more than just your numberplate to do it (see below) It's sort of like telling someone your name. Or telling someone where you live. Information such as that is FREELY availble and your car numberplate is one of them.

Sort of like when you wear a name badge that isn't yours. You are far far too worried about your car being "clonedz0mfg" and frankly if you told me the lengths you go to hide your vehicles registration plate and I didn't know you I'd say you were far to fraile to be behind the wheel incase someone jumps out from behind a bush, shouts boo, and you crash from the shock.

Quote :I doubt that such theives are on this forum - but this forum (and others those pics are on) are highly ranked on Google searches... which means by keyword matching it will appear high in the image results.

So you posting "shameless pics..." followed by a picture which contains the number plate of your car means if I search google for it will give a direct link? NO.

Only you who have listed every single mod done to your car, given the commision number, name and model of the vehicle and how long you've had it cause it to show on Google.

Quote :I also don't think you'd need access to the DVLA to get a plate, it's easy just to browse Autotrader / eBay / Google, rather than go to the hastle of paying someone off.

(from above)

You cannot just stick plates on a car and jobs done. If you did this you could only (at best) drive around without insurance and have it show up as insured, for example. And if you were in some sort of accident or speeding ticket, you can simply say "No, I was not in North Yorkshire, I was in Devon and here's the proof: *gives some proof such as employers statement, corroborating evidence from family or friends, reciepts of things you've purchased at local shops that day..etc*

Then they will go "Oh okay well in that case someone has cloned your car" and then the authorities would probably go do whatever it is they do in this situation - nothing.

To properly "clone" a car you need the registration documents or at least be able to have a look under the bonnet for VIN/Chassis/Engine numbers etc. And this is where people pay/hack/have access to the DVLA for...

Quote :Secondly, thanks to the infamous "section 59", you can start some rather scary legal shit going with no proof at all, and nothing but a reg plate and then some convincing details of the driver (which would be easy to gleam from my forum posts), and I would have absolutely no right of recourse and could potentially lose my car... (although I have to admit this is very unlikely to happen).

Again if you can proove your car was cloned (easy to do) you'd have nothing to worry about.

The world isn't out to get you my boy.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :No that is true however all you need to do is to put the reg number into one of the many websites which sell you HPI checks and it will tell you what car it is.

Telling you what car it is could take a VERY long time to get the car you actually want, though. Plus you still dont find out the colour!

Quote from S14 DRIFT :
Then they will go "Oh okay well in that case someone has cloned your car" and then the authorities would probably go do whatever it is they do in this situation - nothing.

To properly "clone" a car you need the registration documents or at least be able to have a look under the bonnet for VIN/Chassis/Engine numbers etc. And this is where people pay/hack/have access to the DVLA for...

You dont *need* to clone the VIN / Engine number. You just put the car up for sale, "lose" the V5 and hope for a less-than-savvy buyer. Sure, they'll smell a rat, but it will take long enough for you to move to a different dodgy lockup.

Speeding tickets - yes you *can* get off them if you prove you weren't there. But thats hassle! What if you cant prove it? Why even get myself in that situation for the sake of 5 seconds with photoshop?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Again if you can proove your car was cloned (easy to do) you'd have nothing to worry about.

For the S59 thing, my car wouldn't actually need to be cloned. You'd just call up the victims nearest police station, say you've seen some guy driving like a tool, handbraking it around the car park, his reg, what he looks like etc. The police will put it on file, and put a marker on the car, despite nothing ever happening.

Then you get your friend to call, say hes seen the same thing on a different day. Say he nearly hit someone. Police are probably going to take this seriously now.

Then you call again, and get a third friend to call... and now i'm probably going to get stopped, and depending on how much of a bellend the officer is feeling, could have my car impounded.

There is no "I wasn't there" excuse to a S59, in fact there is no appeal process at all. You can't even take it to court.

Like I said, I doubt anyone would ever try such a thing to me. But, for the sake of 5 seconds in Photoshop per picture (which I already had to open anyway to convert from RAW), why not?

The comission number of my car cannot be linked to the registration number, fwiw. It's not a DVLA recorded number, and MGR lost most of their records when they got taken over so its something I can give freely.
And if someone just sticks plates on and says they've lost the V5 and someone buys it, then what? They buy a car which isn't theirs, they loose it and it's at no loss at all to yourself. "Jack you just sold this car and it's cloned?" -You: actually no it's not here's the V5 and VIN now **** off.

We could carry on this debate but I think both of us have made our points.

To prove you weren't somewhere isn't hard. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere and have no neighbours, friends, or job, then it's a "5 second job" as you keep referring to.

S59 is not something I am familiar with however again, if you can prove you weren't there at a given time then they cannot legally prosecute. They can impound your car and then you would probably get it back after your innocence was proven. (I would presume since that's the rule with everything else).

Anyway as I said we've both shared our views so let's call it a draw. At the end of the day, you do what you want to do.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Then they will go "Oh okay well in that case someone has cloned your car" and then the authorities would probably go do whatever it is they do in this situation - nothing.

If your plate is stolen / your car is cloned, your car gets marked as "stolen". Which means it gets pulled over whenever it drives past anything with ANPR, and the officer grills you for 5 minutes until he finds out why it's stolen... then he checks the VIN against what it should be, apologizes and your on your way.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
S59 is not something I am familiar with however again, if you can prove you weren't there at a given time then they cannot legally prosecute. They can impound your car and then you would probably get it back after your innocence was proven. (I would presume since that's the rule with everything else).

You can't. This is why S59 sucks. It's not a prosecution, you can't take it to court, you can't appeal it, you can't apply any logic to it.

(braces for paranoia insults...) and this is why I keep full copy of S59 (and the bit it references) in my car, "just in case" as it's getting used for more and more stupid things (such as speeding on an empty road... the police claimed it was "anti-social" to the two witnesses... who were the policy...
Quote from Jakg :It doesn't display my name, or what car it belongs to, though.

Well we don't know Jak is even your real name, this is only the internet, infact, that may not even be your car, you may not even have a license.. stop being paranoid.
Fortunately, I have copies of Jacks birth certificate, drivers licence, registration papers and his mothers maiden name. I know he's legit.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Fortunately, I have copies of Jacks birth certificate, drivers licence, registration papers and his mothers maiden name. I know he's legit.

Now he knows why he got a bill for 20 iPhones and a macbook.
Quote from Jakg :
You can't. This is why S59 sucks. It's not a prosecution, you can't take it to court, you can't appeal it, you can't apply any logic to it.

Major suckage.
Why is blocking a numberplate from the eyes of the internet such a big problem for youy lads? I would do the same, not that i'm afraid of you evil midgets from teh netz...just that, ffs it's something that is mine and i don't have to share every f*cking detail over the net!
Didn't you post your girlfriend in the post your girlfriend thread? *cough*
I just keep posting my hand in that thread.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Didn't you post your girlfriend in the post your girlfriend thread? *cough*

Actually...no. Good try though.
Quote from -NightFly- :Actually...no. Good try though.

And here I am sad/bored enough to go through all of your posts and try to disprove that.

Either way a numberplate is not "every little f*cking detail"...it's not like your penis or your girlfriend (Hand in Dustins case)...it's a piece of information that everyone can see. If you wish to argue philosophically about things then why the need to post his car at all? And if that's the case then why bother posting to begin with.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :

Either way a numberplate is not "every little f*cking detail"...it's not like your penis or your girlfriend (Hand in Dustins case)...

I wouldn't call my gf or penis to a f*cking little detail...
thousands of people see ur numberplate on the road,who gives a fakk?

Anyway i installed my underdrive pullies after work and its pretty good,i can defenetly feel the car is smoother and on high revs it kicks more.which is very important to me coz im always on high rev
Half you people live on an island with S14 DRIFT, why has no one pummeled him in the face yet?
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG