The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
My car is only limited to 10 second 0-60 by the laws of physics.
apparently, if you go over 88mph in any car, you can time travel. that's why the national speed limit is 70mph. the government know that if it was any higher, they'd be risking another blitz. but England might win the world cup again. it's a dark science.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :If I put part x into my car I'll be able to have 375bhp too.

Not quite sure what part x would be though, mind.

N2O injection kit, that'd make your engine very unhappy very soon.
Bought a little project last weekend...

Yea it's not pretty and the paint job in the engine bay is fugly but this car has some sleeper potential in it and was quite cheap so went for it.
Cossie turbo & intercooler & injectors on 2.0 Pinto.
Plans are that it's going to be a semi-ratlook sleeperish fun toy for me. And the iS Cossie looker is going to work as a daily driver, tho I'm currently in mid of head swap, should be in road somewhere around next weekend.

Car didn't have spark or fuel when I bought it so the first thing was to figure out what was wrong. Many hours of measuring wires relays etc. and then we found out that it was only a little connector on end of a positive lead what was in between fuel pump relay and battery. Replaced the faulty connector and it fired right up. Sounds really good and healthy.

Now there is little things here and there what need some attention and hopefully I'm going to get it MOT'd for this summer so I could have some fun with it.

Already started stripping the interior out and it's almost ready just not sure how much I'm gonna keep interior around front seats.
Nice looking project there, quite some potential. :>
Yeah tho reading the last few posts here I fear it's going to be slow because the power goal is only somewhere around 200+ bhp.
Oh I notice an oil catch pan underneath in the first picture? Leaking blood?

And ignore Klutch, dude can't stay miserable forever.

Anyway you should maybe paint the rest of the car the same sort of colour as the engine, might turn out good! And if not then you could just rat it... :|
Not oil, but coolant. It's only the water pipe so it's an easy fix.

I kinda like the iS style white & black color so its' gonna stay. Tho I have one original grille mask lying around so gonna paint it white and put it on instead of that cut one.

Not gonna rat it more, it has little spots of rust on rear arches and on doors so it's enough rat look for me. Point is that it has to look kinda just like another old stock Sierra but the engine is something different.
Alright, I bought the 320i. I'll post pictures tomorrow
Quote from morpha :The fuel system being the limiting factor wasn't an excuse for it being slow, but an explanation for why it doesn't produce more with a huge turbo.

This.

The Injectors and fuel pump aren't up to the task of putting enough fuel in the engine, while the turbo is capable of putting in twice as much air.

See the problem here? We need more fuel to up the boost, at the moment its on full duty cycle.
Quote from BigPeBe :Not oil, but coolant. It's only the water pipe so it's an easy fix.

I kinda like the iS style white & black color so its' gonna stay. Tho I have one original grille mask lying around so gonna paint it white and put it on instead of that cut one.

Not gonna rat it more, it has little spots of rust on rear arches and on doors so it's enough rat look for me. Point is that it has to look kinda just like another old stock Sierra but the engine is something different.

Nice engine you have there PeBe, Gonna need a bit of work for the 200bhp reliably!

Theres a guy running the pinto efi turbo setup liek you have at 300bhp on a capri site. I'll try and find a link to it for you for ideas!
Not his thread but see the second post down, gives you the basic ingredients for his engine

http://www.turbosport.co.uk/sh ... mp;highlight=#post1549548

Lets go gold hunting!
Ok ....
Rainbows and crying people..

Time to REVIVE

Got some new wheels yew

Scrabby your BMW is just awesome!
Quote from robt :Nice engine you have there PeBe, Gonna need a bit of work for the 200bhp reliably!

Theres a guy running the pinto efi turbo setup liek you have at 300bhp on a capri site. I'll try and find a link to it for you for ideas!
Not his thread but see the second post down, gives you the basic ingredients for his engine

http://www.turbosport.co.uk/sh ... mp;highlight=#post1549548

Thanks.
Stock iS Pinto should do 200+ bhp with about tad over 0.7 bar of boost quite reliably. I'm planning using max of 1 bar boost as a start now. Tho head gasket might blow at some point but it's not a biggie.

I'm not badly concerned about braking the engine many people seem to run surprisingly high amounts of boost in stock Pinto without the need for redoing head gasket every month.

Next stage for me would be Cossie pistons & rods (or machining combustion chambers to the pistons) and a better cam like Burton 134 or even Piper BP285 should give about 300 bhp without big problems. But at least for this summer I'm going to run stock engine with max 1 bar of boost probably.

Today did a little test to check if the car even moves without any outside help and yes it does. Turbo spools up quite quickly actually, tested only in a short driveway so first gear only but already got just under 0.7 bar of boost.

not mine....

yet.....

may have them some time in June?

haven't taken any pictures in a while and certainly haven't had any with wing off, this was just parked up at mountain house, nothing special.

and yes Jak, the wing is back on and stays on around town!
just when I know I'll be taking a long highway trip I'll take it off.

I remembered a friend on Mz3 forums had the same Weds, so my car will be sitting something like this when I get them.. if the guy contacts me back, no word from yesterday morning yet :/

http://farm5.static.flickr.com ... 69323198_2bd885fde3_b.jpg
Are they stretched tyres on the back? Looks crap.

And no wing = no likey.
Quote from BigPeBe :Bought a little project last weekend...

Where are you from? I recall seeing your Sierras, but i'm not sure...
Kangasala
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Are they stretched tyres on the back? Looks crap.

And no wing = no likey.

Yeah, don't do the "my wheels are too wide for my little tires" thing. Just looks horrible as well as looks unstable as all.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG