The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from dadge :no, just ugly. looks unfinished. i take it you're the kind of guy who thinks pirates are badass too lol (eye patch)

Hehe. Pirates are badass indeed.

Most drift cars look "unfinished". No bumper, no lights, etc etc... It's all because of functionality, it's not a freakin SEMA show where every single mm on the car must be perfect. It looks like it should. End of story.

EDIT: Klutch beat me.

Stickers... I don't see anything wrong with that. If you're in drifting "life" you should know it kinda comes with that. I haven't seen a drift car without any stickers yet anyway.
( http://www.carstylingtips.com/ ... oads/2010/04/DSC08810.jpg )
Just brought the car away. I couln't fix it myself XD I am not that far apparently XD

It is most probably a clugged radiator so a new one has to come in. So be it.
thats a nice pic. i guess its a starters car XD
Quote from dadge :no, just ugly. looks unfinished. i take it you're the kind of guy who thinks pirates are badass too lol (eye patch)

Holy feck, massive leather eyepatch all over that bimmer's bonnet would look epic!!! Just need hole(s) over the missing headlight, to allow some air inside.

Pirate car YARRRR!
Not saying it's not looking like it should, but it isn't pretty in the common sense of the word. Can't be too hard to understand
I guess it's supposed to be ugly, then.
Actually removing the headlight IS common sense. But i'm not starting a argue AGAIN
Could always make a hole in the headlight and stick a funnel through it? Would propably flow better to the airfilter than nothing at all aswell.
Or get Morrete Headlights?

Nah, i'm sorry but that looks really chavish.. and omg there is a grill missing. UGLY!!!

I'm fine how it is and it's an effective mod that costs nothing.
Quote from Scrabby :Nah, i'm sorry but that looks really chavish.. and omg there is a grill missing. UGLY!!!

I'm fine how it is and it's an effective mod that costs nothing.

Mmm I personally wouldn't say they are chavish, because it's on a Citroen Saxo?

Btw I'm not hating on your car, I think it's great and have no problem with the headlight lol.. Post up more pics
Or just put a small red light in there.

Nah morrettes (never knew they were called that!) are ugly. I like the headlights that are normal but are cut out where the high beam goes and is a straight hole, those are gorgeous to me, I would love to do it to my car LOL!

Finally removed all of the tape from my grill and didn't want to paint bumper so I got some scrap vinyl from work and did it up.

Paint hasn't been shipped yet, yes it's only been one day but.. I hate it when it takes forever for something to ship.
I would love for it to not ship for a week and file a complaint and get free shit.

It looks like orange peeling paint, but.. it's better than the alternative imo.

had to run a seam down the center due to it being only a little bit of scrap but, the seam you see is the most visible I've seen it yet.

Quote from der butz :thanks, it's actually a 924s, lacks the fat cheeks but inside it's a proper 944, engine- and suspensionwise. 150hp are well balanced , 2,5l engine means nice torque and putting ricey things on it would be blasphemy :-)

greetz

der butz

So you wouldn't even consider making it a GTS?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Depends on your liking. It's badass, IMO.

I agree, single head-light gives it a black-eye kind of attitude.
drool.. so effing gorgeous; I love the 944 over all other Porsches except the 959.
Quote from e2mustang :thats a nice pic. i guess its a starters car XD

They're called "missiles"

They buy em then drive them into the ground, instead of ****ing up there d1 cars
Quote from Klutch :Its a dedicated track car you idiots.

Functionality > Form

Removed headlight allows direct cold air into the intake, to squeeze as much extra power out as possible...and you're all bitching about its looks?

Its like bitching about a track car not having interior.
I can just imagine one of you morons saying

"The floor has no carpet, it looks ugly, and how are you meant to set in the back?"

ITS A TRACK CAR.

hey idiot, how do you explain the stickers on his car then? what function to they have? most track cars i've seen have both headlights. he could at least colour the "working" light black.
just because an opinion is different from yours. it doesn't mean that it's moronic or idiotic. only a complete window licker would think such a thing....
i still think it looks ugly(like broke). <<< my opinion. also my opinion; i don't know why someone would spend so much money on a car not to make a tidier job on the headlight space.

EDIT: he could do something like this: http://www.technicalgarage.com/articles/e36/lintake/ or http://www.turnermotorsport.co ... -headlight-cover-e36.aspx
while searching for examples, i found this post:
Quote :"It's unlikely that there is really ANY power difference, and there's certainly no ram air effect, as the air still has to pass through the ITG or K&N cone filter which recieves plenty of cold air around the edges of the headlight opening anyway. The most important benefits of the headlight scope are probably in this order:

1) Couple pounds of weight savings over the headlight.
2) Looks cool on TV and at the track!
3) .0001% in horsepower.

We run one on our race car, mostly because it can't hurt and we wanted to get rid of the headlights and their wiring anyway."

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76321

Sooooo, it's safe to assume that removing the headlight is more about form and less about function...
Quote from Klutch :Its a dedicated track car you idiots.

Functionality > Form

Removed headlight allows direct cold air into the intake, to squeeze as much extra power out as possible...and you're all bitching about its looks?

Its like bitching about a track car not having interior.
I can just imagine one of you morons saying

"The floor has no carpet, it looks ugly, and how are you meant to set in the back?"

ITS A TRACK CAR.

Even if it had two headlights it'd still look ugly.

See where I'm going with this?
Quote :See where I'm going with this?

...Nowhere?

These are the kind of behaviors that make you think it's useless to debate.

Sorry, but the discussion reminds Rain Man at some points....

his car, his choice, etc... etc...
If everyone agreed it wouldn't be a 'debate' to begin with. What's your point?
Quote from 1303s_vortech :...Nowhere?

These are the kind of behaviors that make you think it's useless to debate.

Sorry, but the discussion reminds Rain Man at some points....

his car, his choice, etc... etc...

so posting an opinion is debating? it's a forum, nothing more, nothing less.

it's still ugly regardless it's missing headlight.
[QUOTE=dadge;1622232]hey idiot, how do you explain the stickers on his car then? what function to they have?
For show offcourse, and we wanted something to stand out besides all the other boring cars out here..

most track cars i've seen have both headlights. he could at least colour the "working" light black.
Paint the working light black? That full of gay and then my working light wouldn't work that much anymore, wouldn't it?

just because an opinion is different from yours. it doesn't mean that it's moronic or idiotic. only a complete window licker would think such a thing....
Correct, opinions are different. Thank god for that.

i still think it looks ugly(like broke). <<< my opinion. also my opinion; i don't know why someone would spend so much money on a car not to make a tidier job on the headlight space.
The way i spend my money is my problem . It's a good solution how it is. Don't fix it if it ain't broken mkay?

EDIT: he could do something like this: http://www.technicalgarage.com/articles/e36/lintake/ or http://www.turnermotorsport.co ... -headlight-cover-e36.aspx
while searching for examples, i found this post: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76321

Uhm that first link is JUST THE SAME as me.. Just some stupid plastic remaining on the borders. Wich I (ME, My opinion!) find very ugly.

Sooooo, it's safe to assume that removing the headlight is more about form and less about function...[/QUOTE]

Well they can state whatever they wan't but if tested it on track and i felt a difference. Extra cold air is ALWAYS better then hot air from the engine, especially N/A engines.
Quote from Scrabby :
Quote from dadge :

most track cars i've seen have both headlights. he could at least colour the "working" light black.
Paint the working light black? That full of gay and then my working light wouldn't work that much anymore, wouldn't it?

let me run something past you. i hope you're sitting down because it's going to blow your freaking mind. tinted lenses maybe?
being a straight man, i couldn't comment on what's gay and what's not. although i always thought bright yellow on a car reeked of turd stabbery. i guess i'll leave the gay decisions to you. you seem to have a knack for it.

Quote from Scrabby :

Well they can state whatever they wan't but if tested it on track and i felt a difference. Extra cold air is ALWAYS better then hot air from the engine, especially N/A engines.

erm....
Quote :We run one on our race car, mostly because it can't hurt and we wanted to get rid of the headlights and their wiring anyway."

they have one on their car and it has little/no effect on the car. try to keep up. you'd feel a difference if your fly is open too, doesn't mean it's better/faster/cooler/gayer/straighter.

the rest of your post was a bit of a quote fail.
Quote from dadge :
try to keep up. you'd feel a difference if your fly is open too, doesn't mean it's better/faster/cooler/gayer/straighter.

You're seriously saying Colder, more dense air doesn't created a bigger bang, therefor more power?

Because thats pretty much what you just stated.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG