The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Also - audio 2 sounds a lot nicer

EDIT - Watching the overtake makes me desperately want a fast petrol car
Quote from Jakg :Also - audio 2 sounds a lot nicer

EDIT - Watching the overtake makes me desperately want a fast petrol car

Amen. It takes me a country mile to nail an overtake, so I have to pick my spots so carefully, there aren't many I can use round here.
looks like the country roads in the UK are a lot like in Texas, flat and pretty straight. I really miss tearing up mountain roads.
Quote from flymike91 :looks like the country roads in the UK are a lot like in Texas, flat and pretty straight. I really miss tearing up mountain roads.

I think that describes country roads pretty much everywhere
i think country roads where im at are windy and around trees, or is that (sub)urban? (get them all confused, a road is a road to me)
I take what I said back, I'm used to Midwestern country roads... there is no terrain in the Midwest to speak of. I assume near mountains and stuff they could get pretty twisty.

Thanks for the feedback all

Quote from Jakg :Are you looking for evidential recording, or just good video clips?

Bit of both but probably more just nice driving videos.

Quote from SpooNJaB :wheres that? looks familiar.

Have you been to Scotland before?
Quote from amp88 :Thanks for the feedback all

Bit of both but probably more just nice driving videos.

Have you been to Scotland before?

yes, i've been around the outskirts of glasgow (which is where you claim to live) so i'll assume its somewhere not far? cant remember names of places.
Quote from Scrabby :Nope, just fake splits
They are DZ Exclusiv DZ-1's
16x9 ET15
But they look nice :P

ah think i remember that now, look good for fakes, i guess as long as they dont break.
Ye, they're pretty good. Can't be arsed to buy very expensive wheels
Quote from amp88 :I've been playing about for a little while trying to record some videos of nice roads in the countryside. I've been looking at different places and ways to mount the camera to try and dampen bumps in the road and minimise reflections.

Here are a few sample videos:

1080p test
480p test
480p overtake

At the moment I'm fiddling about with improving sound quality. Here are 2 clips with the same video but different sound:

Audio Test 1
Audio Test 2

So, I'm asking for some feedback from you fine people. General feedback and specific feedback about the audio (i.e. which of the above is better) would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

5cyl growl on Test 1 made me jizzz
It just spew white smoke from under the bonnet.. The fan wasn't working to cool the cooling liquid. In short: I'm ****ed.
You have bigger issues.

The fan only comes into play when stationary or at low speeds, at high speeds, the fan is pretty much useless and does absolutely nothing.
It was stationary When I drive, I don't have any problems
You'd have to be stationary for a fairly decent time to overheat to the point of steam coming out, only ever really heard of / seen it after a cars been thrashed with a partially blocked rad.
This would be 5 mins or something. Last time was in an open garage when it became pretty hot and that was about 15 mins (was stationary before that for about 5 mins as well) .

The fan just doesn't spin and for the rest it all seems OK (as fair as this leech in cars knows ).
Quote from mamoru :This would be 5 mins or something. Last time was in an open garage when it became pretty hot and that was about 15 mins (was stationary before that for about 5 mins as well) .

The fan just doesn't spin and for the rest it all seems OK (as fair as this leech in cars knows ).

I still think there will be something more sinister, most cars wont even get up to optimum temp by 5 mins of idling.

when my rx7 ran without a fan idling for 10-15 minutes and it never budged over half. I think you've got a blocked rad or something
Quote from Klutch :I still think there will be something more sinister, most cars wont even get up to optimum temp by 5 mins of idling.

when my rx7 ran without a fan idling for 10-15 minutes and it never budged over half. I think you've got a blocked rad or something

I will look at that too, thanks. The front is looking fine but there might be something I am overlooking. It is full of bugs but it still let's enough air through from that side methinks.
Bleed the whole system, check your thermostat.. Or put an electric fan on it and put it on when stationary
Quote from mamoru :I will look at that too, thanks. The front is looking fine but there might be something I am overlooking. It is full of bugs but it still let's enough air through from that side methinks.

By blocked i mean internally, sludge buildup in the radiator etc

makes circulating the coolant difficult.
Quote from Klutch :By blocked i mean internally, sludge buildup in the radiator etc

makes circulating the coolant difficult.

Oh that way. Any means to check for that without having to drain the whole stuff like suggested above? Don't really feel like doing that myself xD

I don't really want to let all the coolant leak out at the moment to check everything. I still have to get that fan to work though.
not really, if you want to do it on the cheap the only solution i have is to drain it into a bucket/pan, then use a high pressure hose and flush the radiator as much as you can. its the way ive always done it, obviously doing it the proper way will yeild better results but theres no harm in trying. then just put the rad back in and top it up with the coolant you used previously

draining and removing the radiator is one of the easiest things you can do on a car mate, its 2 rubber pipes (Sometimes 4 if its auto, as they sometimes have trans coolers built into the rad)and 2 mounting points on the top, (The bottom usually slot into place)
Quote from Klutch :not really, if you want to do it on the cheap the only solution i have is to drain it into a bucket/pan, then use a high pressure hose and flush the radiator as much as you can. its the way ive always done it, obviously doing it the proper way will yeild better results but theres no harm in trying. then just put the rad back in and top it up with the coolant you used previously

draining and removing the radiator is one of the easiest things you can do on a car mate, its 2 rubber pipes (Sometimes 4 if its auto, as they sometimes have trans coolers built into the rad)and 2 mounting points on the top, (The bottom usually slot into place)

I'll see about that tomorrow xD Thanks for the heads-up
Put spacers on the soarer today. Front sits perfect and flush.
The rears im not overly happy with, i wasn't expecting it to camber so much, it should straighten out a bit once a wheel alignment is done and sit a bit closer to the guard.

And some random pics of the beautiful exhaust

This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG