The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Klutch :So let me get this straight.
You drive a fairly modified car that has a cage..You've never taken it to a track, and you don't condone "hooning" so you've never pushed it on twisty roads or anything.

Whats the point? You're just a poser in that case lol

because all pretty cars must have jackholes driving them, else they aren't pretty anymore

The amount of work he's put into that car, he can hardly be called a poser.
Theres a difference between a "pretty" car with aesthetic modifications. And his car.

In my eyes, someone that does suspension and engine modifications, along with installing a cage, and yet they've never seen the track or pushed the car on the street..is a poser.
Why do all that if you're not going to use the cars potential? It's pointless.
Quote from Klutch :Theres a difference between a "pretty" car with aesthetic modifications, and a car that has suspension and engine modifications with a rollcage, yet has never seen the track and the owner will never push the car on the road.

You think a rollcage isn't aesthetic at all? It looks freaking badass. Lowering the suspension is definitely aesthetic, and may have been counter productive to handling at the limit, but I'm too lazy to search back through and see exactly what he did to it.

As for engine mods, why can't he make engine mods, and then drive it like a normal car? It probably feels way nicer when he's driving than the stock mazda 3 engine.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :You think a rollcage isn't aesthetic at all? It looks freaking badass.

Exactly...a roll-cage is meant to stiffen up the chassis and, you know, protect you from dying in the event of a roll-over when you're racing or pushing your car hard.

Its not for aesthetic purposes, It has a genuine purpose. However, hes using it purely as aesthetic purposes, which in my eyes, is being a poser.
Quote from Klutch :Exactly...a roll-cage is meant to stiffen up the chassis and, you know, protect you from dying in the event of a roll-over when you're racing or pushing your car hard.

Its not for aesthetic purposes, It has a genuine purpose. However, hes using it purely as aesthetic purposes, which in my eyes, is being a poser.

1. He could get in a bad accident and be saved by this cage, it's not like he found some random tubes, just bolted them in and declared them a real cage. Roll overs happen on everyday roads too.

2. He intends to track the car eventually.

3. I still don't see why it's not allowed to be for aesthetic purposes.

XCNuse, do you have some pics of the cage, or did I miss them earlier in this thread?
It is sort of like wearing climbing gears or sport equipments as an fashion statement, when you don't actually do such sport.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :1. He could get in a bad accident and be saved by this cage, it's not like he found some random tubes, just bolted them in and declared them a real cage. Roll overs happen on everyday roads too.

2. He intends to track the car eventually.

3. I still don't see why it's not allowed to be for aesthetic purposes.

XCNuse, do you have some pics of the cage, or did I miss them earlier in this thread?

a cage in a road car = busted heads!

I think he said he will track when he has a second car too.
Quote from JJ72 :a cage in a road car = busted heads!

depending on the exact nature of the crash and the exact nature of what he has in there, that could be true, yes.
Quote from JJ72 :It is sort of like wearing climbing gears or sport equipments as an fashion statement, when you don't actually do such sport.

Explained it ten times better than i could.
And btw, XCNuse never said he was going to install a full cage but a half one! Who cares?
So let's get this straight: You criticise the owner of a car for building it to look like a race car, then not racing it the moment he finishes building? You even call him a poser?

Well, in my eyes someone here built a nice little car, is proud of it and shows some pictures, as intended in the thread title in the first place.
Then an ugly aussie drug addict with an identity crisis calls him a poser?!
The same guy that just posted how gangsta he is, running a stupid car which - judging by the compliance note - is not even safe on the roads which it's built for, the guy whos friends have to run from the rozzers has to post all this here to feel his e-thing growing while at the same moment calling other people posers?!

I'm driving a car from 1986 with 150hp, neither will I race it, nor will I attend at historic car meets. I bought it because I like its look and feel. I was proud enough to post a few pics and even got some positive replies for my poser car.

So either everyone who drives more than a 10hp cardboard box is a poser or everyone has the right to be proud of the car he drives!

greetz

der butz

Quote from Klutch :Explained it ten times better than i could.

no surprises there

and while nuse certainly is a plonker being a posseur is still a whole bunch better than being stupid enough to drive a car that the rozzers already tagged as being illegal with wrong licence plates
i just hope that when you and your idiot friends inevitably embed yourself in a tree you dont take anyone thats using the same road not belonging to you group of twats with you
I think it's okay to love a car for looks, dressing it up etc, call it a fashion statement if you will but same as clothes we don't just dress for functionality.

The odd bit when is you use something almost purely functional as accessories, it's not a black and white thing (sometimes it is innovative and eventually will become cool), but a cage for looks is a bit over imo, especially when what was a original 5dr hatch has lost its back seat functionality because of that (but overall I think it's a cute ride )

I thought long and hard whether to add tow hook on my Mini too (rally look at all that) but eventually decided it is a bit stupid.
true that! A cage as a fashion item would be odd for my taste as well. On the other hand there are people who invest 100 000s of euros into let's say an old A4 to make it almost touch the ground, have ridiculous amounts of watts in them, airbrush designs and fluffy carpets, gold plated engines,.......

99% of those cars are never driven on a road, so they don't serve the purpose they were initially designed for. And I don't even like their über-looks. Nevertheless they are made not only with money, but with heart - and that's what I really like.

greetz

der butz
Quote from der butz :
I'm driving a car from 1986 with 150hp, neither will I race it, nor will I attend at historic car meets. I bought it because I like its look and feel. I was proud enough to post a few pics and even got some positive replies for my poser car.

So either everyone who drives more than a 10hp cardboard box is a poser or everyone has the right to be proud of the car he drives!

You completely, and utterly missed my whole entire point.

I'm saying hes a poser because he drives a fairly modified car(That isn't just aesthetics, it has suspension AND engine modifications), has not driven it on the track, and doesn't condone pushing it on the road.
WHAT IS THE POINT of driving a modified car if you're not going to push it?

To me, its like buying a turbo car and never hitting boost.
Quote from Klutch :To me, its like buying a turbo car and never hitting boost.

To us, you are like a human being with a brain, but you never seem to use it.
Just finished gluing my new spoiler to my boot. I plan to track the car when i get some spare time
Attached images
ricer-22109.jpg
those 260 x 177 Pixels make it look as if you carry a garden bench home from a hardware store
WOA .. lol missed out on this adventure.

All I have is the Autopower bolt in cage I bought from a friend up in PA who is going to hillcimb his car and is replacing the half cage with a full cage.

Stiffness? **** yeah I notice it, my car is stiff as crap in the rear; I wish I had a full cage now because I can still feel the front end tucking around corners.

Posing is when you get NOS stickers and turbo decals and then you look in the car and they have this:

and this:

I do DRIVE my car, that's why I'm not going any lower and don't want as much camber as I have. I haven't been up to the mountains in several months, but hell.. it's going to be amazing when I do, especially after everything I've done since then.

Common, you can't think I have a car like that and drive it like a granny every day.. seriously?

This is the roll bar I have:

I really wanted the race one which has a cross bar in it, but that one was being sold so I bought it for cheap.
If you hit your head on that you're doing something wrong; it's about a foot behind my head and up 8"
When I get my racing seat here in a few weeks.. it will be even more impossible to hit my head if I had a full cage; even now it's impossible unless the front bar is directly in my line of sight; there is no joke, 8" from the top of my head to the ceiling on my car, a 3 is a really tall car.. and it pisses me off how tall they are to fit all the stupid Americans.
Quote from XCNuse :I do DRIVE my car, that's why I'm not going any lower and don't want as much camber as I have. I haven't been up to the mountains in several months, but hell.. it's going to be amazing when I do, especially after everything I've done since then.

Common, you can't think I have a car like that and drive it like a granny every day.. seriously?

Then that makes you a hypocrite

Quote from XCNuse :
Up here we call that dumb and street racing.. at least that's what I call it lol.

How is what you're doing any different to what we're doing?
Won't a roll bar take out much of the usability of a 4 door family car though? I'd understand installing them on to some 2 door sports cars like an RX-7 or a Skyline even if it was just for the street and occasional track use, but not on to a regular hatchback.

Personally, I've found suspension tower bars (and extra subframe supports) to give plenty of extra body stiffness while still leaving the intended space for the rear seats.
Well if no-matter-what-body-typed car is having a tracktime, where avarage speed is over 60mph/100kmph then rollgage is justified, but if not, then it's just showing off. Rollgage on street/show car is just silly...
Quote from XCNuse :^ who is that question directed to?

You..the tires on your ride are stretched.

...and unless your bar is secured w/ sub-frame connectors I really don't see it doing any good in the car. Any moderate sized hit will rip it out or punch it though the floor without them. Seen that several times first hand.
Quote from Klutch :You completely, and utterly missed my whole entire point.

I'm saying hes a poser because he drives a fairly modified car(That isn't just aesthetics, it has suspension AND engine modifications), has not driven it on the track, and doesn't condone pushing it on the road.
WHAT IS THE POINT of driving a modified car if you're not going to push it?

To me, its like buying a turbo car and never hitting boost.

Who said he doesn't push it on road? Theres a difference between pushing a car on the road now and again (a blat) and doing burnouts, hi speed runs, racing to checkpoints on public roads in a group of im guessing 30 cars?
I understand what Klutch is saying but i don't agree. Even if he didn't break the speed limit, it's his money he's worked hard for. So imo, he's entitled to spend it how ever he wants. If everyone agreed on what he's doing then this would be a boring conversation. I like the look of the car. The work he's done on it is sweet. Not too much in the right places. It's probably a wee ripper on the track.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG