The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
If you wire your subs up in parallel, each sub will have a load of 2ohms, when you wire them together in parallel it will then be 1ohm. Your amplifier isn't designed to handle that resistance. You will need to wire one voice coil to the other in series, and then each sub together in parallel.

Or change amplifier to one that handles 1ohm.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :logitek you'll need to buy a new car which you can put ipod in. :hide:

oh yeah also say hello to my wittle fwend

You painted them yourself? How hard was it?

I'm a bit of a spastic with paint, but my winter wheels look like shit... would love to know if a DIY finish is going to hold up.
my dad will know how to wire them if i give him the spec's. im clueless with electrical, except for a simple outlet, or switch.

i am bound to take a trip to the audio experts in my area at some point, i guess..
Quote from Jakg :You painted them yourself? How hard was it?

I'm a bit of a spastic with paint, but my winter wheels look like shit... would love to know if a DIY finish is going to hold up.

yes i did and it was a piece of piss!

i just read a couple of guides ages ago when i did my engine bay and i remembered...basically prep is everything. nice and keyed and clean and then the right painting methods and time between coats innit bruv.
lol i hope those tires are coming off; that overspray looks like junk!
guess he just missed the part about masking
Who needs white wall tires when you could have orange.
that's so ghetto lol.....proving every chav stereotype true?
I still don't understand the whole thing of painting your rims some ugly color. What is wrong with keeping them neutral?

I had to paint my rims and I personally like the metallic silver. Keeps it clean and it does not attract any more attention to the already bright red car.
https://6663984745568054968-a- ... %3D%3D&attredirects=0
when you drive the same slow, boring car as everyone else you should do something to make it unique.
From the monthly meet last saturday..
Attached images
_DSC0774_002.jpg
_DSC0760_002.jpg
_DSC0728.jpg
Hyundai Santro AT
Attached images
b.JPG
Quote from S14 DRIFT :logitek you'll need to buy a new car which you can put ipod in. :hide:

oh yeah also say hello to my wittle fwend

Hey it seems you have painted with the tyres on. You could have removed the tyres before painting so that the paint would not have spread to the tyres.
You think? No, we have many which are inferior to even this We have cars with UF1 engine and XFG handling This is supposed to be one of the best cars in its class, so imagine, and it was peppy and agile than many other cars on the road LOL
Just checked the engine, it did not like me pulling off that cap and it smelled incredibly like gasoline afterwards. No sucking sound though.
Quote from rageshgr :Hey it seems you have painted with the tyres on. You could have removed the tyres before painting so that the paint would not have spread to the tyres.

To you and to everyone else who thinks they are being smart (except XCNuse who has the right idea); they are crappy tyres which were on the wheels when I bought them from the scrapyard.

But thanks for letting me know "hey you painted with the tyres", THANK GOD YOU MENTIONED IT I WOULD HAVE NEVER NOTICED.

I have a set of 4 winter tyres which are in the shed and are being mounted up this week so, there was no need to mask the tyres as these ones are going IN THE BIN. No point taking an hour to mask off tyres which will be junked.

Quote from skstibi :I still don't understand the whole thing of painting your rims some ugly color. What is wrong with keeping them neutral?

I had to paint my rims and I personally like the metallic silver. Keeps it clean and it does not attract any more attention to the already bright red car.

They are winter wheels. So why not do them a silly colour? I want it to be different. I wouldn't paint my normal wheels that colour (they are a nice metallic anthracite as you can see) but for winter, it was either a fluorescent blue (unfortunately it was £9 for a small can and I'd have needed about 6 cans so not worth the cost), pink (I was originally going to do this but then thought against it) or a deep candy red. I couldn't find the red I wanted so I picked the first colour which jumped out at me which was this orange
Quote from lowrider181 :Well here is my 1983 MK1 Golf with a 1.8 16V KR (MK2 GTi) engine. Hydrolic an cable gearbox conversion, 4 branch exhaust manifold, 2" 3/4 exhaust straight through, k-jet injection. Very nippy weighing about 850kg

Like it alot except the floor mats.
lol the tires look fairly bald, that's what gave me the impression they were coming off.

Is it me or is winter setting in kinda slow this year? I'm in the south in the US, but the temperatures are even warmer than I recall last year.. for now at least lol

Of course though I say this and it's supposed to rain / snow mix tomorrow here
Yeah I remember last year it was already snowing this time of year, regularly freezing overnight, slushy rains, etc. Last night the road gritters were out and it was about -2 or -3 overnight this last night but up until the weekend it had been 6 or 7 degrees overnight. Nippy but not winter, regularly 12-13 degrees in the day... but I have a feeling the winter once it actually takes hold will be quite long. :sadbanana

The thing is, I'm not sure when to get my wheels mounted up. Because looking at the weather it seems like it'll go back to being 9-10 degrees again... It did this last month, 2 days of freezing-cold-ness and frost and then it was like a pleasant autumn. I guess the trees are a good indicator as most of them still have their leaves, albeit getting a bit yellow.
Quote from XCNuse :Is it me or is winter setting in kinda slow this year? I'm in the south in the US, but the temperatures are even warmer than I recall last year.. for now at least lol

Of course though I say this and it's supposed to rain / snow mix tomorrow here

You're in Georgia for crying out loud. You shouldn't even be having winter. I should be traveling to Georgia to escape winter.

Winter has been extremely mild the past 2 years where I am, which is normally many many 12+ inch snowstorms through the season. Haven't had much in terms of good snowstorms for 2 years. It is now past Thanksgiving and we've only had one dusting of snow, which worries me for the January/February time when we'll probably get dumped on this year with the mild start.

It's first day of deer season in Pennsylvania today. There should be several inches of snow on the ground. Instead, it has been 60° F all weekend.
Winter doesn't seem to have set in at all here, tbh it sort of seems like its summer. Not that its warm, its just that there hasn't been heavy rain in quite a while, so our reservoirs are at less then 1/4 capacity, meaning there will be a hose pipe ban soon, which is something that normally only happens during the summer. It's quite chilly here but its bearable in just jeans, shirt and a hoody.
im in jersey and its frikkin warm right now ! almost 70 F
@mamoru: i never seen one like that,but its probably was trying to make it richer coz u leaned it out with the cap off. What e36 u have exactly?
Id much rather live in your jersey then mine! Rather be hot then cold.
Quote from e2mustang :im in jersey and its frikkin warm right now ! almost 70 F
@mamoru: i never seen one like that,but its probably was trying to make it richer coz u leaned it out with the cap off. What e36 u have exactly?

1998 BMW 318i

To describe what I did: I took of the oil filling cap (the square one) on top of the engine and tried to listen. Had to keep my ear a little away from the hole though, or else my ear wouldve been full with gasoline fumes XD
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG