The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Laugh or help, down to you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYRBhq5q1AM

Tried changing the coil pack, checked the spark plugs, check my mass air flow sensor, checked the idle control valve.

No luck. Going to get it diagnosed tomorrow or during the week.

PM me to not clog up the thread :P
now it looks like a proper car
Quote from adamlfs :Laugh or help, down to you guys.

Tried changing the coil pack, checked the spark plugs, check my mass air flow sensor, checked the idle control valve.

you make it sound good then you have the cover in the engine that says "ecotek"
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Erm, so if I read that right, oil pressure dropped and he still drove the car? Your mate is a ****ing idiot. By the time the oil pressure light comes on it is already too late for your engine. I assume you also put in more oil before going for the second drive and just forgot to mention that bit.

Although to be fair the damage was already done by that point, all he did then was just finish off the motor.

Uh...hes not a ****ing idiot.

He rebuilds engines for a living at an engine exchange, and his dads a qualified mechanic for the last 30 years...so, hes far from a ****ing idiot. He knows a lot more than i do.

and yeah, sorry, forogt to mention we filled it up again after cleaning the engine bay...but it just got dumped after 1-2 minutes of driving.

And we were way out of perth on a car cruise doing skids with a few other rotors, no phone reception out there, only choice was to drive home.
She drove home fine, surprisingly

He gave me a call this morning, and said on his drive to work the car was like a smoke machine, and kept missing. Pretty sure one of the o-rings are gone.

Simple way to find out if you're losing a spark, loosen off the coils so they are just resting on top of the plugs. One at a time lift off the coil to break the connection. Either the engine will get worse or not change.

Quote from Klutch :Uh...hes not a ****ing idiot ... hes far from a ****ing idiot. He knows a lot more than i do. ... He gave me a call this morning, and said on his drive to work the car was like a smoke machine, and kept missing.

You sure about that?

Must be some rice in your fuel system.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Simple way to find out if you're losing a spark, loosen off the coils so they are just resting on top of the plugs. One at a time lift off the coil to break the connection. Either the engine will get worse or not change.

A couple of people on the club forum im on said this aswell. But since it's a crap engine it's got a coil pack not the single leads for each sparkplug.

But anyways, I changed all the spark plugs over today but still has the same problem. May be a Crankcase sensor or timing sensor gone I think.

Im taking it in to get a diagnostics done on it tomorrow. Hopefully that will help me find the problem.
Quote from adamlfs :A couple of people on the club forum im on said this aswell. But since it's a crap engine it's got a coil pack not the single leads for each sparkplug.

But anyways, I changed all the spark plugs over today but still has the same problem. May be a Crankcase sensor or timing sensor gone I think.

Im taking it in to get a diagnostics done on it tomorrow. Hopefully that will help me find the problem.

It still works, you're physically preventing the spark from getting to the plug, so the engine will still drop when you remove an active cylinder. Works with wasted spark engines too.
[/img]
somehow looks silly (no offence intended) its so...high ( i mean the body).
luke what forum are you on?

also, just take the plug off the coilpack, reattach and start it up. do it for all four and see if it runs worse or the same.
Take it you ment me lol

Im on Allcorsa.co.uk

Ok will give it a go before I go to the garage tomorrow evening. Cheers for the heads up
finally i had my 2 bimmers at one place for the first time and took some crappy photos
(notice my lg gd510 under the car on last pic.thats 3.5 inches and thats not the lowest point of the car XD )
Attached images
100_1034.JPG
100_1043.JPG
100_1056sml.jpg
100_1069sml.jpg
100_1071sml.jpg
100_1072.JPG
The bit i found retarded was it dumped all it's oil so they think the best idea is to clean it up and put more back in it and take it out again? Did you think it would magic away? haha
Uh..no?

It was to find where the leak is coming from.

Ever tried to find an oil leak when your car has no oil in it, and the oil is splattered all over the engine bay? Makes it really. Really difficult, so the easiest way was to clean it, top it up, start it and take it for a quick spin around the block, jack it up and youll see clean oil from wherever its coming from. We drove 30-45 minutes home when the initial problem arrived, so we didnt think it was THAT bad. We were extremely surprised when we got home and found it had dumped all of its oil in 2 minutes.
ok i agree with cleaning and checking it again coz u cant see the leak. but man.. just run the car on idle,dont go on a 45 min drive ! if it has a huge leak like that u'll see it right away.
Uhh?

Read it again dude..i said we drove 45 minutes home when the intial problem started (Smoke on decel)
We drove it because we had no choice, we were in the sticks and had no reception, and the car seemed to be driving perfectly fine apart from the whole..low oil pressure and rising temperature, but we both figured the damage would have already been done(And it had)

We only drove it a maximum of 2 minutes the second time

And as i already stated, if we had known it was dropping THAT much oil, we would have just drove down the street and back, we thought we lost most of its oil during the 45 min trip home, we didnt realise the leak was that huge and that it would have probably dumped 40% of it on the initial backfire/bang.
Quote from Klutch :the car seemed to be driving perfectly fine apart from the whole.. low oil pressure and rising temperature

And you are sure your friend knows something about cars and engines? Low oil pressure and rising temperature... anybody with even the slightest idea of cars would immediately turn off the engine at this point.
Holy shit, do you people have selective reading?

WE KNEW THE CAR WAS ****ED. There would have been NO point in stopping as it wouldn't have done anything, the damage had already been done.
Quote from e2mustang :finally i had my 2 bimmers at one place for the first time and took some crappy photos
(notice my lg gd510 under the car on last pic.thats 3.5 inches and thats not the lowest point of the car XD )

Sod the BMWs, I want more pics of your Landy. Love the old Series Landies, they look so gormless.

Quote from Klutch :Holy shit, do you people have selective reading?

WE KNEW THE CAR WAS ****ED. There would have been NO point in stopping as it wouldn't have done anything, the damage had already been done.

It is the difference between a salvageable engine and a coffee table engine. The extra driving has turned it into the latter.
Quote from lukelfs :Woah Bose you drive such an awesome car!

I don't drive, I get driven around. u jelly?
Quote from e2mustang :finally i had my 2 bimmers at one place for the first time and took some crappy photos

hawt!
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG