The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from e2mustang :this piece of crap?
there is a better one in the 2. garage

So is that an S1 outside and an S2 inside?
Also, why stick an Aston Martin badge on a Landy?

Love the landies. Love love love.
Quote from danthebangerboy :I once read that it wasnt possible to roller paint a car and get any kind of decent finish, does if you are painting white over white and you get the paint p!ss thin!

Granted, it will never be quite as good as a sprayed finish, but it aint too damn bad really, considering its still wet in this picture, as it dries a lot of the orange peelyness will fade out, well it did with the bonnet and boot anyway, they looked pretty much like hammered finish hammerite when they were still wet, but dried down pretty good, the white looks infinately better.

Did you sand down the panels before you painted it? Also are you gonna lacquer it?

Will be suprised on the finish and if it lasts
yeah i sanded it all fully down first, for once i actually did prep work!

and it wont need lacquer as its solvent based as opposed to 2 pack stuff, shinyness is included

Psst, dont tell anyobody, but its actually dulux trade weathershield exterior gloss paint that i have used,thinned with some special thinning agent that a pro decorator gave me, and some sort of hardener so it goes off rock solid, as gloss usually stays slightly soft.
Quote from danthebangerboy :yeah i sanded it all fully down first, for once i actually did prep work!

and it wont need lacquer as its solvent based as opposed to 2 pack stuff, shinyness is included

Psst, dont tell anyobody, but its actually dulux trade weathershield exterior gloss paint that i have used,thinned with some special thinning agent that a pro decorator gave me, and some sort of hardener so it goes off rock solid, as gloss usually stays slightly soft.

Lmao, damn I shouldn't have wasted about £100+ on paint, lacquer, hardner for my car and just used some dulux
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :So is that an S1 outside and an S2 inside?
Also, why stick an Aston Martin badge on a Landy?

Love the landies. Love love love.

coz its got a '85 volante v8 in it
Quote from e2mustang :coz its got a '85 volante v8 in it

I've just filled my pants with splooge. I've seen a lot of Landies with TVR V8s in them, but my oh my. I bet that goes like a stabbed rat.
Your bonnet looks warped? o_O

Also i miss my rotisserie/chook cooker.. =(
Cheers, i know its a bit of a pikey paint job but it sort of does the trick, good job its white over white, coz the consistancy i need to get the paint down to in order to not go orange peel effect is so thin (about 20% thinner / 80% paint) that the coverage isnt all that great, and its very runny at first, but give it about 10 minutes after its roughly applied to panels and then get rolling and moving it about to get it even and spread properly, the workability is lovely.

The other side is done now too, so that leaves the bumpers, which i shall remove to paint, they gonna need a lot of prepping too, as a couple of small dings that i filled and painted over on the drivers side last night are still visible because of the opaqueness of my thinned paint, and thats after 2 coats, and these bumpers are awful and will need completely stripping and some sort of undercoat applying, coz they are fibreglass, i dont think gloss will like going directly onto it.

And yeah klutch, the bonnet is creased, plus many dings and just generally had its day, when my friend bought the car about 5 years ago he got it quite cheaply as it was a category d write off, as the drivers side front wing was pushed in and the bonnet was damaged as you can see, the wing was replaced and youd never know that had happened, but the bonnet, although it has been straightened, will never look right.
Quote from Klutch :No where did i ever say we filled it up with fresh oil

his dad's a mechanic, his 3 car garage is full of various oils that he brings home from the workshop

All this 'mechanic experience' and it was deemed safer and better for the environment to put liters of oil into a motor that is known to be bad and spills more oil than the exxon valdez and taking it for a ride on public roads, rather than filling it up with cheap oil and some UV dye and let it idle/run with a drip tray underneath to spot leaks?
What are you? The EPA?
Quote from Klutch :Your bonnet looks warped? o_O

It's from all the womens he's picked up to have their picture taken on the hood.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :It's from all the womens he's picked up to have their picture taken on the hood.

We could never let him live that down. Those were just horrifying.
Drove a mates 180sx today, stalled it twice...
turns out exedy HD 8 puck button clutches are hard to get used to

I dont feel too bad though, apparently the last guy that tried to drive it couldn't even make it out of the carpark because he kept stalling it haha

Pretty fun car to drive, handles like its on rails and 380rwhp is nothing to sneeze at, goes from 80kph to 180kph in the blink of an eye
Quote from Klutch :Drove a mates 180sx today, stalled it twice...
turns out exedy HD 8 puck button clutches are hard to get used to

I dont feel too bad though, apparently the last guy that tried to drive it couldn't even make it out of the carpark because he kept stalling it haha

Pretty fun car to drive, handles like its on rails and 380rwhp is nothing to sneeze at, goes from 80kph to 180kph in the blink of an eye

How do you drive a road car like that? surely you'll just end up glazing it/burning it out in a short period of time?
on the road its not too bad, it'd suck balls in heavy traffic though
but its his weekender, he has a bike for his day-to-day transport.

Hes considering selling the 180 and buying a hayabusa and slapping on a turbo kit...the guy is addicted to speed haha
The 200sx I own has an exedy paddle clutch, that's bad enough in heavy traffic was just thinking if you had a clutch that is quite literally like an on/off switch, it's not gonna last too long on road driving
This will be mine Monday

is that a fox?
Quote from Klutch :on the road its not too bad, it'd suck balls in heavy traffic though
but its his weekender, he has a bike for his day-to-day transport.

Hes considering selling the 180 and buying a hayabusa and slapping on a turbo kit...the guy is addicted to speed haha

his gonna end up like ghostrider
Nice Polo.
Almost there... Just one more important thing to do

adding driver side headlight? D:
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG