The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
have fun paying for gas and insurance!

Although honestly I bet insurance would be cheaper on a damn 4x4 than on my car even with the age difference..... gay.

trying out different polishing techniques on the header... which is mild steel so getting it to come to a brilliant polish would be a biiiitch
Quote from Bawbag :

Happend a couple of weeks ago, dumb cow smashed me at a roundabout, didn't admit fault at the time but her insurance has paid out and it hasn't affected me.

Car is a write off, getting a new one at the weekend.

Thats a writeoff?! :S
Quote from XCNuse :have fun paying for gas and insurance!

my dad is paying for insurance, he is a driver with 20+ years good driving, old truck, not valuable in stock manner....should be pretty cheap, trucks are cheapest?

anyways, gas will suck HARD, but like i said...not a daily driver, or even close.

senior year (when i can drive people) i plan on giving rides to school, and charging gas money...that should make me break somewhat even with gas at least..
Quote from Jakg :Thats a writeoff?! :S

Anything with a scratch these days is a writeoff
I hate doing any maintenance on my 25 year old car. I know the second I fix it up nice and just the way I want it some terrified woman is going to floor it out of a shopping center and smash into me and then my insurance company will give me $800 and tell me my car was a POS, have a nice day!

It's probably on the borderline of being a writeoff, but the repair costs are still pretty significant in comparison to the market value of the car.

All we can really see from the photo provided is the bodywork damage, but that's probably £700+ in (decent not bodged) paintwork even before you factor in the cost of the actual panels and fitting. Then there's all the bits and pieces behind the bumper and under the bonnet that could need replacing.
****ing wanky insurance companies. I swear to god, literally 5/10 of the girls that have passed their driving test in my year in school (13) have already had a crash or a bump after driving for about a year or less... All the guys in my year.. 0/10 crashes, and yet I'm sure we all still pay more... supposedly not, but I think its lies . It's jokkesss.

/not relevant rant=over
Quote from Mysho :Dunno if it happens by accident or something, but 95% of people I met either eye-to-eye or online said they were smashed by a dumb cow.

Just imagine the world without dumb cows. Would be A LOT safer and car friendly.

True, but they admitted liability and paid out more than what the car was worth imo. I was coming up to a mini roundabout, turning right, nothing coming from my right, I pull out, smash, woman from my left doing about 40mph wipes me out. The funny thing is she asked "where did you even come from" and tried to blame it on me haha.

Quote from JO53PHS :It's probably on the borderline of being a writeoff, but the repair costs are still pretty significant in comparison to the market value of the car.

All we can really see from the photo provided is the bodywork damage, but that's probably £700+ in (decent not bodged) paintwork even before you factor in the cost of the actual panels and fitting. Then there's all the bits and pieces behind the bumper and under the bonnet that could need replacing.

True, the engine has moved, chassis legs bent, radiator damaged, I think in panels alone the front end would be 1k to fix, when you include brand new panels, painting and fitting etc. Then you get all the damage in behind there, isn't worth it really.

Quite gutted but have a GT TDI 130 lined up, full heated leather, all the toys, 53 plate, 58k miles (genuine) for a really nice price.... Completely un molested as well.
You love your Mk4's don't ya Ray?
Good cars! I was looking at V5's before I got my Polo, but most of them are autos
Really fond of golfs, was gunna get a MK5 TDI but really, i'm looking at around 4k for one with 120+k miles and it's not gunna be the top spec one.

At least with this MK4, it's like new and proper nice inside, will get pics up soon.

Nice little remap too, hey then it will beat skylines and imprezas.....
winterziz set installed on monday !

bridgestone lm 25's like on my other car. 120 in snow = no problem
Attached images
P011111_08.04.jpg
no straight.

That's nothing. The insurance company considered this as a write off.

Only the driver's side door was dented and scratched. Nothing else was touched and the door opened normally, locks worked, window could be winded down, etc. But since the insurance companies usually pay for repairs with new parts and in proper workshops then they estimated that the repair cost was more than the value of the car. Which for old bangers, such as my Mk2 Golf, is often true. They valued the car at ~400€ and ordering a new door, fitting and painting it in a workshop at ~500€, so initially they wanted to write off the car. Anyway it ended up so that they agreed to pay me 350€ if I signed a document saying I had no further complaints. The dent was knocked out for next to nothing so I made a nice profit in the end.
Attached images
DSCN0533.JPG
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Sideways.

I have done 160km/h in the snow in my Miata on snow tires, including a little sideways around a slight bend at that speed on a deserted highway. Amazingly stable and fun once you get used to it

i was bored
Does that make your chavmobile go any faster?
what kind of question is that? Dont you clearly see that the paintjob adds 5HP?
Quote from el pibe :what kind of question is that? Dont you clearly see that the paintjob adds 5HP?

Well, I wasn't sure as I thought that only was if it's red...
Black would be better imo.
Why didn't you get a sticker made up? would look much better
I feel sorry for that miata.
update on the other pic.i just washed it !
Attached images
P051111_16.39.jpg
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG