The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
I think the point Klutch was making is that a Skyline isn't "raw" at all.

A 7 on the other hand... one day, one day
So what is "raw" exacty?

Btw Niall if you like your VW why don't you just go for a AUQ Mk4? With a remap and a few mods they hit 240bhp quite easily. Sounds like fun to me...
Quote from Bawbag :So what is "raw" exacty?

Certainly not a mildly modified skyline or silvia, i cant be on the road one day without seeing 2 or 3 of them, and thats on a bad day.

my perception of raw and hardcore is something thats a track based road car. (Stripped interior, Rollcage, Built motor, yet still retains road registeration and is driven ont he road)
The most hardcore you can get is in a Suzuki alto do you know how scary it is going over 160 KM/H in one of those?
That car should not be road legal its lethal and scary.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :The most hardcore you can get is in a Suzuki alto do you know how scary it is going over 160 KM/H in one of those?

But thats quite leasurely and cruising when driving normally, the opposite of a raw/hardcore car.
Quote from Klutch :But thats quite leasurely and cruising when driving normally, the opposite of a raw/hardcore car.

When you take it beyond cruise it becomes lethal that's how hardcore it is.

IMO hardcore is the basic car without any rubbish in it just raw basic engine body seats wheels you get the idea.
It is sort of similar to your vision of raw but still slightly different, but i get your idea of raw which would make my dads car very raw since it has stripped interior and roll cage.
On a completly unrelated note, brother got his license back today.

LET THE SKIDS COMMENCE!
Quote from Klutch :On a completly unrelated note, brother got his license back today.

LET THE SKIDS COMMENCE!

See that's what I am against racing on the streets and doing things like long drifts and burnouts and doughnuts on the streets.
Quote from Klutch :This video should be of interest to you, then!
http://vimeo.com/13104256

Sadly the music is what I refer to as horrible and the action isn't even that great...
Still very illegal and dangerous but it seems you cant be convinced so I wont even try.
And no I don't find burnouts on totally deserted and empty parking lots dangerous.
Hiphop isnt everyones liking but you call Pendulum and Prodigy horrible?
Quote from Klutch :Hiphop isnt everyones liking but you call Pendulum and Prodigy horrible?

Yes there also horrible..
You have terrible taste in music.

^ showing off the vinyl and red tint taillights

front
Awww maaaan. I was sooooooooooooo close with my car being raw and hardcore
it's okay, mine isn't boosted

yet lol

I still have a LOOONG way to go, I have a lot of parts to get and gotta get wheels at some point in time.
XCNuse, still liking that car? I'm searching for a car and it's in my list of prospects. Problem is, there isn't too many of them around me to go see.

No laughing as I show my age here, but Mazda3, Ford Focus, Jetta, Toyota Matrix (and Pontiac version), Corolla, and similar cars are all in the list. Just looking for a work runner with some room in the back for the kids, but something like the Toyota Matrix or even the Mazda3 hatchback would go a long way on replacing some miles on my wife's little SUV, which is the main "family" car, when we are all together.

Trying to hunt an example of each down to give the general car a test drive to weed any out. Thus far I think the Focus will be weeded out due to weak engine and Jetta will more than likely be weeded out due to fuel mileage from what I am seeing.

XC, how much Ford is in that Mazda. I'm not too happy with my wife's Mazda Tribute being basically a rebadged Escape. It's 3 years old with 60,000 miles and it's failed the last 2 out of the 3 total state inspection. I've got more money wrapped up in this Mazda than I have in the last 500,000 miles of my 4 Toyotas and a Nissan I've owned.
I absolutely love my 3 to death every time I get in it.

As for what you compared it to; focus is out, it has so little power, what's the use. I was honestly quite surprised because I just recently heard how little even the Focus SVT has..

Jetta is good; they get phenominal gas mileage... or should I say can?
Jetta is a common car, its nice, nothing wrong as far as I am aware.

I can't say how well it competes against a matrix or though, I haven't been in one of those yet, but they do produce the same power; I have no idea how much trunk space they have though (i'll get on to that in a second)
Pontiac vibe is a mean looking car, I kind of like them.
but for a larger liter engine .. it doesn't go as easy at the pump according to True Delta's real gas mileage ratings: http://www.truedelta.com/fuel_economy.php?session_code=0

I really just hate to sound against the others and pro Mazda.
But here's a comparison about this car. (this is assuming you get the hatchback, and not the brand new ones)
2.3 liter engine; produces a rated 156 ponies, and it is pretty accurate to all of the dyno sheets I have come across.

Gas mileage: being a hatchback it is of course heavier, and also in the US market you can only get the 2.3 liter model (or in the new ones up to 2.5), doing highway only traveling if I try I have managed to get up to 38 mpg... Which for me personally is absolutely astonishing.. the car is rated at a HORRIBLE 22/29. I have YET to get down below 30mpg even in city driving.
Also note mine is manual; I don't think the weight matters with automatics these days like they used to though.

What all can I stuff in the boot?
Roommate and I discovered this one unintentionally (or did we?) We fit in a 50" plasma tv in its box, and with the rear seats down, it fit perfect; wish I had the dimensions of that box.. but it was HUGE.

The most recent news is in 2009 there were more sales of 3s in Canada than there were Civic.. which is possibly a good thing? It's popular either way. Sedan more than any other though.

Speed 3; well.. if I had the choice I would for sure get the speed, it's a hatchback, its badass.. it's basically the top of the line as far as FWD turbo cars on the market.. still. It is the king in its position; if you're reading reviews and they mention torque steer.. they have 0. I don't know why reviewers seem to have issues with it, but.. it has almost no torque steer at all.

Okay; as far as what is Ford in the car goes.. Every car anyone buys will have some sort of issues, that's just the world we live in, nothing is perfect. The only common issue is the passenger side motor mount will go out. Mine went out the day I drove it off the lot. Everyone's seem to go every 50k-60k miles. That's ford for you. It costs about $60 to replace it, and it took my dad and I about 15 minutes. If you're worried, there are aftermarket mounts that will run you just over $100 and I haven't heard one of them break yet.

Oh, and here is the picture of the tv box in my car.
http://twitpic.com/kfbqn

It is no surprise it has become a popular car. There aren't to many problems with them, they get astonishing gas mileage, and very comfortable to sit in, in all places.

Other than the motor mount breaking there are few issues i've seen around on the forum except for people throwing CELs from modifying. I mean motor mounts go out in all cars; they're made to supress vibration.. nothing like that lasts forever.

If you can get a deal on one, go for it, I can't come up with one reason not to.

I get my short throw shifter in tomorrow.. woo wooo!! It'll feel nice to have that baby installed.
Nice carbon fiber interior XC.

New car!
Aftermarket alloys or is that a Polo GTI that I spy?
'tis a GTI Though the alloys aren't in the best shape, so may upgrade to 16's
Hey, thanks for that, Nuse. Nice little review. I didn't realize the s was 160 (looking at sedan and the hatch.) The sedan i only has the 2.0 rated at 148 hp, which would still be adequate for me. I always did have a soft spot for the Mazda hatch. I actually like the old Protege5 version as far as looks, from back in 03.

I'm looking at this beauty on Saturday (04 s.) It's the only 3 that's around me for sale unless I travel further than I want. I lie. I should say it's the only 3 around that doesn't have a girlamatic in it....

Lava Orange Mica they call that color. With reverting back to my college days detailing touch, that thing would look stunning.

We actually looked at the Pontiac Vibe back when I was shopping for the kid hauler for the wife (new car). All I could see was "GM" though and didn't even drive or research it. I came to find out it is total Toyota and the radio is the only thing GM in it. I won't touch a GM manufactured car. I test drove a 2004 the other day. Other than the really notchy shifter, it was pretty nice. Tons of cargo room, probably a bit more than the Mazda without me looking at a Mazda yet. It is kind of halfway between a hatchback and a small "crossover" SUV style. Nice car, the versatility of it really works for what I need, but it doesn't excite me as much as the Mazda, obviously.

I still want to drive a Focus, but your thoughts there are quite the reason I am probably going to shy away from one.

Speaking of the looks of the Mazda, what's your opinion on the new models? What is that front end suppose to be? Lightning McQueen? I would be in the market next year for brand new if my old worn out Honda would make it through winter coming up and that goofy smiley front end of the new Mazda (both the 3 and the 6) just totally ruins it for me.

I see you are on mazda3forums.com. I'm looking through your build log right now. Looking pretty good. This is the forum I've been reading researching the 3. If I buy one, I'll be joining you over there.

I've read a lot of complaints about gas mileage on that forum. Glad to see positive numbers from you. I'd guess it's all about the way they drive though. My Mazda Tribute is rated for 17/21 and everyone on the forums complain about getting 16 average. I drive mine like a bat outta hell and I average 20-21. My wife use to drive it like a girl and averaged 18-19. Now she's back working and driving every day, driving like a bat outta hell coming home from work 39 miles and she now averages 20-21 like I am.

Sorry to say against your love of Mazda, but..... I'm currently driving a 94 Honda with 188k miles. Just replaced the head gasket and the motor runs like it did when Wifey's aunt bought it brand new (I drove it home for her back in 1996 from the hospital.) It's still gutless as ever with a girlamatic transmission, but the thing runs like it did way back then. So, I'm a bit partial to Honda and it's high on the list of prospects with the Mazda3 right below it. It's tough to find an under 100k mile Honda for under $10k though. I've got $9k to talk the $9995 dealers down from their price.

Gonna go check out your build log now.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG