The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
you forgot to mention dirty
Love it.
Soldered chip socket and put tuning chip in! Much better now..

and played around with ulyssespeed app to match the rest of the interior yayay

I see that the drivers side feet space led is hanging freely again...
Nice to see you have snow over there. Sad that you drive an FWD.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Nice to see you have snow over there. Sad that you drive an FWD.

yeah.. I've been cursing it the whole time I've owned golf but can't complain.. it's a good daily car.
I'm saving money for some rwd, not sure if to buy just a crap car for this winter only, or to save money for something that is actually good.. either way golf is staying, I'll just have to own two cars..
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :yeah.. I've been cursing it the whole time I've owned golf but can't complain.. it's a good daily car.
I'm saving money for some rwd, not sure if to buy just a crap car for this winter only, or to save money for something that is actually good.. either way golf is staying, I'll just have to own two cars..

Your Golf is pretty nice, just keep it. Maybe you could get a cheap winter beater if you can afford.

BTW, I just tried that app, looks pretty good.
I can probably afford the winter beater but I need to think..

btw, there is a cool hud thing in the app, place it under the windscreen and it shows the speed etc there
Tomba how long did it take you to solder that chip? Did it make a noticible difference?
~4hours with taking the old one off, eating and facebooking and doing some other stuff too. it's very hard to solder...
you can see here how much space there is.. http://i.imgur.com/2JP9i.jpg no soldering done in the pic

did noticeable difference, more torque on lower rpms, and I think it did like +10hp and +20nm.. feels good now. do you have 1.8 or 2litre?

oh yea, you can solder the chip there only so it won't be so hard.. but I recommend soldering a socket for it..
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :~4hours with taking the old one off, eating and facebooking and doing some other stuff too. it's very hard to solder...
you can see here how much space there is.. http://i.imgur.com/2JP9i.jpg no soldering done in the pic

did noticeable difference, more torque on lower rpms, and I think it did like +10hp and +20nm.. feels good now. do you have 1.8 or 2litre?

oh yea, you can solder the chip there only so it won't be so hard.. but I recommend soldering a socket for it..

Ah I see, bit of a pain in the ass, but seems it would be worth it. Neither ATM, I've only got a 1.4, but I have my eye on a 2.0 GTI 8v, should hopefully be getting it next week. Did you buy the chip online or?
this thread needs moar mini-vans.

just installed my winter tires. I bought a set of tires with the original rims of a pontiac montana on kijiji for 300$. it was a pretty neat deal and i needed winter tires because the law over here dictates that if you dont have winter tires after the 15th of december, you'll get a big ass fine. Quebec is becoming such a nanny state, its appaling how this government is restricting everything.

yes, dont flame me for having my winters on alloys and my summer tires on steelies.
Quote from Migz :Ah I see, bit of a pain in the ass, but seems it would be worth it. Neither ATM, I've only got a 1.4, but I have my eye on a 2.0 GTI 8v, should hopefully be getting it next week. Did you buy the chip online or?

Had it laying around, old owner (my friend) bought it from ebay from some chip tuning guy..
I don't know if it's worth it, if you have done lots of soldering and really know how to solder, I mean really.. then it is worth.
But if I hadn't had much experience I wouldn't of done it. Too much hassle if had to replace ecu..

This seems legit... if you really want power, for the love of god buy something else than 8v gti.. or any gti this age for that matter.
Quote from el pibe :...yes, dont flame me for having my winters on alloys and my summer tires on steelies.

So are the rims different sized or are you just too lazy to swap the tires around?
As for the law requiring winter tires, it'd suck if you didn't have the $$$ to actually make it happen, but I almost wish we had a similar rule & most years our winters aren't too nasty. I guess bad drivers will be bad drivers regardless though.
Quote from el pibe : i needed winter tires because the law over here dictates that if you dont have winter tires after the 15th of december, you'll get a big ass fine. Quebec is becoming such a nanny state, its appaling how this government is restricting everything.

its similar over here...
since 2 years u have a law for winter tires as well.
we dont have a fixed date for it, but the law says "under bad conditions such as snow, ice ect".
insurance most likely wont pay damage caused if u have a crash with summer tires.
so its better anyway
Quote from Tinytacohead :So are the rims different sized or are you just too lazy to swap the tires around?
As for the law requiring winter tires, it'd suck if you didn't have the $$$ to actually make it happen, but I almost wish we had a similar rule & most years our winters aren't too nasty. I guess bad drivers will be bad drivers regardless though.

nope, they are the same size. 215/70-15. and yeah im too lazy and its not like i really care about the rims, as long as they get the job done is fine by my book.

Quote from [RCG]Boosted :its similar over here...
since 2 years u have a law for winter tires as well.
we dont have a fixed date for it, but the law says "under bad conditions such as snow, ice ect".
insurance most likely wont pay damage caused if u have a crash with summer tires.
so its better anyway

and of course it is better to have that law in place but as taco mentionned, it would suck if you dont have the $ to get a ser of tires... but well, if you drive like an arse, winter tires wont save you. that is 100% sure.
Quote from el pibe :'' You're clutches Scandinavian cousin''
- YouTube Comment

Are you serious?
yes i am.
He's Scottish.

No such country as 'Scotland' in scandinavia.

My Corolla, my friends 3 Series.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Had it laying around, old owner (my friend) bought it from ebay from some chip tuning guy..
I don't know if it's worth it, if you have done lots of soldering and really know how to solder, I mean really.. then it is worth.
But if I hadn't had much experience I wouldn't of done it. Too much hassle if had to replace ecu..

This seems legit... if you really want power, for the love of god buy something else than 8v gti.. or any gti this age for that matter.

Oh fair enough, nah i cant do soldering for shit so if it turns out to be soldered i think i might leave it, or maybe ask around for somebody who is experienced in it. I was reading online though and apparently some ECU's are already socketed, so if it is then that would be perfect.

Cheers for the link, will watch it just incase.
I'm not really after power, you know where i live, its ****ing tiny, the island is like 4 miles by 7 so theres not much space to actually bomb it without killing someone. I just need something with a bit more go then my 1.4 which struggles up hills or with a full car ffs. Thanks for the advice about the chip though.
Quote from Dennis93 :

My Corolla, my friends 3 Series.

oh god :P

they are ready to be towed all the time?
Hehe, no.

Well only one of the two ( BMW obviously ) has been towed before.

Mine has no engine in. hence why the rope is still there, we moved it a few days ago

iirc my friend lost his license.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG