The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15563 posts, closed, started )
Nice carbon fiber interior XC.

New car!
Aftermarket alloys or is that a Polo GTI that I spy?
'tis a GTI Though the alloys aren't in the best shape, so may upgrade to 16's
Hey, thanks for that, Nuse. Nice little review. I didn't realize the s was 160 (looking at sedan and the hatch.) The sedan i only has the 2.0 rated at 148 hp, which would still be adequate for me. I always did have a soft spot for the Mazda hatch. I actually like the old Protege5 version as far as looks, from back in 03.

I'm looking at this beauty on Saturday (04 s.) It's the only 3 that's around me for sale unless I travel further than I want. I lie. I should say it's the only 3 around that doesn't have a girlamatic in it....

Lava Orange Mica they call that color. With reverting back to my college days detailing touch, that thing would look stunning.

We actually looked at the Pontiac Vibe back when I was shopping for the kid hauler for the wife (new car). All I could see was "GM" though and didn't even drive or research it. I came to find out it is total Toyota and the radio is the only thing GM in it. I won't touch a GM manufactured car. I test drove a 2004 the other day. Other than the really notchy shifter, it was pretty nice. Tons of cargo room, probably a bit more than the Mazda without me looking at a Mazda yet. It is kind of halfway between a hatchback and a small "crossover" SUV style. Nice car, the versatility of it really works for what I need, but it doesn't excite me as much as the Mazda, obviously.

I still want to drive a Focus, but your thoughts there are quite the reason I am probably going to shy away from one.

Speaking of the looks of the Mazda, what's your opinion on the new models? What is that front end suppose to be? Lightning McQueen? I would be in the market next year for brand new if my old worn out Honda would make it through winter coming up and that goofy smiley front end of the new Mazda (both the 3 and the 6) just totally ruins it for me.

I see you are on mazda3forums.com. I'm looking through your build log right now. Looking pretty good. This is the forum I've been reading researching the 3. If I buy one, I'll be joining you over there.

I've read a lot of complaints about gas mileage on that forum. Glad to see positive numbers from you. I'd guess it's all about the way they drive though. My Mazda Tribute is rated for 17/21 and everyone on the forums complain about getting 16 average. I drive mine like a bat outta hell and I average 20-21. My wife use to drive it like a girl and averaged 18-19. Now she's back working and driving every day, driving like a bat outta hell coming home from work 39 miles and she now averages 20-21 like I am.

Sorry to say against your love of Mazda, but..... I'm currently driving a 94 Honda with 188k miles. Just replaced the head gasket and the motor runs like it did when Wifey's aunt bought it brand new (I drove it home for her back in 1996 from the hospital.) It's still gutless as ever with a girlamatic transmission, but the thing runs like it did way back then. So, I'm a bit partial to Honda and it's high on the list of prospects with the Mazda3 right below it. It's tough to find an under 100k mile Honda for under $10k though. I've got $9k to talk the $9995 dealers down from their price.

Gonna go check out your build log now.
Hey I'm glad you've gotten that kinda mileage out of a car, honda or not!; I just crossed 70k earlier this summer and it isn't a feeling of joy lol!

Lava Orange is a pretty rare color, don't see to many of those around, mine is a whitewater pearl which was an accessory color made only in '06. I wish I had the rally white which is basically pure white, but it's whatever!

I do agree, I am sure the Vibe has a lot more space in the back, it is quite a large car for sure though.

I haven't seen to many people complain about gas mileage, I never really noticed some people's though, I know people with the Speed3 aren't getting nearly as good, but that's because 90% of the people on the 3 forums is modding their car and drive it hard

My opinion on the new ones... I wouldn't buy one.. well I shouldn't say that. If you're on the forums check out GEJAY's '10 speed 3, it's GORGEOUS!
Unfortunately the newer models are quite a bit heavier and have larger engines.. so you can see where that is going.

As for the looks if you're curious abou that, the 3 is more or less the evil middle child of the Mazda family, with the 6 being the grown up, white collar style, and the 2 being the youngest of the family (which they're also making a turbo speed version, should be pretty wicked) that is more or less a focus competitor.
So that kinda explains the happy grin on it.
Quote from R34GTR :

New car!

I love these, does it have the half red recaros? Wittle wocket!
Quote from Bawbag :I love these, does it have the half red recaros? Wittle wocket!

I don't think they're Recaro's as there is no badge or anything? It's the seats with the 1 and the arrows, full heated leathers would of been nice
Quote from thestig1690 :Wow Klutch a load of auzzies who cant drift backed by some of the worst music i have ever heard u must be proud

Don't try and troll Mr 1690 from N.I...
Quote from AMB :Don't try and troll Mr 1690 from N.I...

i bet you've never seen a stereo type before hehe. see what i did there? he'll get bored and piss off.
Quote from thestig1690 :Wow Klutch a load of auzzies who cant drift backed by some of the worst music i have ever heard u must be proud

*aussies
*can't
*you
Klutch your Mazda makes 18x more noise than speed.

Also just to point out you should use a capital 'I'.
Quote from G!NhO :Klutch your Mazda makes 18x more noise than speed.

...whats your point? lol

Why you should never loan your car keys to a woman
She forgot which pedal was the brake and drive into a fence post. Which has added even more to my bills as it has slightly damaged the lock (doesn't operate correctly from the inside), exposed bare metal and put in a lot of dints. So I've had to buy the gear to try and fix her up.

My poor little van
wow u guys must have a tight little click and dont like new people and i didnt know this was a grammer forum. obviously my backround and up bringing intrigues you, however, im here because in acar enthuiast.

car list

1997 ford fiesta 1.3 encore before i passed my test

1997 megane coupe 1.6. 17 inch tsw alloys, aftermarket spoiler and side skirts, recaro bucket seats with 3 piont harness, dvd player, lowered, powerflow exhaust, greeen cotton induction kit, blue hid lights, more mods i cant think of

same megane with engine conversion to a 2.0 supersport

1989 bmw 318i coupe, powerflow dual exhaust.

cheap corsa runaround

vauxhall cavaleer turbo diesel 180,000 miles and started everytime, for shooting and carrying dogs in

another dismal corsa this time 1.7 diesel.

1998 saxo 1.1, vts engine conversion, will continue post at a later date have to run there is a few cars to add on
Quote from thestig1690 :wow u guys must have a tight little click and dont like new people and i didnt know this was a grammer forum. obviously my backround and up bringing intrigues you, however, im here because in acar enthuiast.

for me it was your lack of full stops. it made your posts look like a vicky pollard scene.
what do you shoot? birds or bigger game?
Picked it up last Saturday, gave it a good clean this Saturday.

Quote from thestig1690 :wow u guys must have a tight little click and dont like new people and i didnt know this was a grammer forum.

Like all forums this one is full of dicks. Ignore them and crack on anyway. I do.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15563 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG