The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
lol @ that small extra mirror on mirror
you are drivin instructor or what?
yes i am my mom is the student
Bought some BBS RZ's for the MX5 off of eBay, and got some new toyo T1-R's for winter. Car is going about 2cm lower and about 8mm wider, then I'll be happy Well, Might plasti dip the wheels black, not sure yet..

Thanks to my brother for top and bottom pictures
Quote from doyal :...got some new toyo T1-R's for winter...

That sounds like a terrible combination.
Quote from Jakg :That sounds like a terrible combination.

I live in the southwest of england, no need for anything else.

Also allows this.. can't wait
Quote from Bawbag :Quite gutted but have a GT TDI 130 lined up, full heated leather, all the toys, 53 plate, 58k miles (genuine) for a really nice price.... Completely un molested as well.

I have the 150. Wasn't even looking to buy it but kinda just stumbled across it.

I love the acceleration, it always makes me smile
Quote from doyal :

Also allows this.. can't wait

You didn't catch that slide. Also you have alot of deformation on the rear right wheel arch, on the bumper.
Slightly confused how you are able to tell if I caught a slide from a still picture?

Also, what deformation?
Quote from doyal :Slightly confused how you are able to tell if I caught a slide from a still picture?

Also, what deformation?

I just know you didn't catch that one. Deformation it looks like rust, but I'm guessing it's just mud, looking at it again.
Quote from Bawbag :Really fond of golfs, was gunna get a MK5 TDI but really, i'm looking at around 4k for one with 120+k miles and it's not gunna be the top spec one.

At least with this MK4, it's like new and proper nice inside, will get pics up soon.

Nice little remap too, hey then it will beat skylines and imprezas.....

without looking i found several 1.9 se's (which have auto lights, auto wipers, cruise control and air con, some come with the awesome stereo like mine hehe :nod for £3500-£4000 and with between 80k and 120k. you can buy a 2.0tdi golf for as little as £4500 but would personally pay more from a vw dealer as early cars (before 07) get the old porous block problem and the protection of a vw warranty in that situation can be very cost effective.

My 1.9 has hit 117500 these last few days (i had it from 99k) and it's going as strong as ever. only thing that's gone with with it has been the dmf (no thanks to my remap, smf and uprated clutch fitted and all is well, and the fuel temperature sensor, replaced for £20 and job done) - engine pulls very well (beat a corsa vxr to 70 lol ) and as you probably know from ukmkivs you can tune these pd105 lumps quite well, mines only stage 1 and got 150 brake! if anything goes it'll be the turbo which in engine terms isn't that major, new hybridised units can be had for about £750 exchange. trust me a 120k mk5 will last you a lifetime so long as it's not crashed and had a full service history, on time with PD rated oil!!!! better to drive and a nicer interior, more reliable, and parts are actually a little bit cheaper
Quote from BlueFlame :I just know you didn't catch that one. Deformation it looks like rust, but I'm guessing it's just mud, looking at it again.

No, you're probably correct. It is probably rust. It is so difficult to keep plastic from rusting....
dont say that coz i saw it once ! on a 98 ML 320 !around the fender the plastic cover. i couldnt believe my eyes
Quote from BlueFlame :I just know you didn't catch that one.

He barely has any opposite lock and doesn't have that much angle at all..

What makes you think he didn't catch it?
Quote from Klutch :He barely has any opposite lock and doesn't have that much angle at all..

What makes you think he didn't catch it?

If you look at the tyre tracks, he just started on the power and he already has substantial amount of steeringlock, so it looks like he's gonna tank slap to the left rather than hold it and carry on to the right.
Haha, that is an incredibly easy slide to 'catch' in a Miata. I've been that sideways at 100km/h in the snow in my Miata on snow tires, really it's not a big deal at all if you're a competent driver, there really isn't an easier car to hold sideways.
Nothing fancy, quick wash, hadn't scrubbed the bugs out.

Quote from BlueFlame :If you look at the tyre tracks, he just started on the power and he already has substantial amount of steeringlock, so it looks like he's gonna tank slap to the left rather than hold it and carry on to the right.

This was the scene shortly after that picture was taken

He also hit many many children

But what it actually looked like was this.
I liked the bit where he crashed.
Yeah and the fire that followed..
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Yeah and the fire that followed..

The dancing badger was a nice touch, although a little un-original.
Quote from BlueFlame :If you look at the tyre tracks, he just started on the power and he already has substantial amount of steeringlock, so it looks like he's gonna tank slap to the left rather than hold it and carry on to the right.

my ex had one that i bought for her with a locked diff in the back and slicks, even in the rain a little slide like is easily manageable due tt the mx-5's gutless engine/go-kart handling
Quote from S14 DRIFT :without looking i found several 1.9 se's (which have auto lights, auto wipers, cruise control and air con, some come with the awesome stereo like mine hehe :nod for £3500-£4000 and with between 80k and 120k. you can buy a 2.0tdi golf for as little as £4500 but would personally pay more from a vw dealer as early cars (before 07) get the old porous block problem and the protection of a vw warranty in that situation can be very cost effective.

My 1.9 has hit 117500 these last few days (i had it from 99k) and it's going as strong as ever. only thing that's gone with with it has been the dmf (no thanks to my remap, smf and uprated clutch fitted and all is well, and the fuel temperature sensor, replaced for £20 and job done) - engine pulls very well (beat a corsa vxr to 70 lol ) and as you probably know from ukmkivs you can tune these pd105 lumps quite well, mines only stage 1 and got 150 brake! if anything goes it'll be the turbo which in engine terms isn't that major, new hybridised units can be had for about £750 exchange. trust me a 120k mk5 will last you a lifetime so long as it's not crashed and had a full service history, on time with PD rated oil!!!! better to drive and a nicer interior, more reliable, and parts are actually a little bit cheaper

This is very true, but for £3300 the standard of a MK5 golf would be NOWHERE near the one i'm driving just now.

58K miles, massses of history, full heated leather, all the toys, nicer to sit in than a standard mk5 interior...

The only problem is there is a right wooshing sound when I get into the turbo, which sounds like a boost leak, however it still pulls really well, much better than the 115 which had a few things done to it..

Took a quick video of the 3rd gear this morning, will get a look under the bonnet over the weekend, MPG is down too which is quite nice, looking forward to finding the problem and trying it after that...

Still no pics, dark when I go to work, dark when I come home.
Post it up on your build thread on ukmkivs bud, easier to follow there. You're right though youd never have gotten leather and what not for £3300 let alone a 55k car. Good find on your behalf. Presume the genuine milage has been checked at each MOT sort of thing?
Benefit of the vnt17(I think!) turbo on the 130 and the 150's. map really well. yours will be quick after a nice remap as well!

i was banging on about the reliability of the mk5s', well today either my alternator or my alternator pulley/tensioner broke (or is breaking) so.. not looking forward to fixing it either. between £150 and £350 depending on whether it's the pulleys/tensioners (= relatively good) or the alternator itself (= shit). or it shat itself because i stupidly left my drivers door on the latch overnight and the alarm/indicators were going on and off for about 12 hours. of course i didn't notice. but the car started first time so i can only cross my fingers over my toes and my wang that it's the problem.

as for your boost leak, do the 130's come with the FMIC or is it just the 150's? either way check around the intercooler as the clips are rubbish, also check around the EGR and where the silicone tube joins into the plastic one as it heads back down under the engine. vw clips on their intercoolers are notoriously bad.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG