The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from BlueFlame :Says you, you'd put a 5point belt in your MG if you had the chance. Oh and a rollcage.

Funny because he actually would.
Why are harnesses bad in road cars Jack? I've seen the aftermath of a few crashes in road cars (albeit fast ones) where a harness has saved the drivers life. Not that i'd put one in my current car but it's down to personal preference and opinion.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Why are harnesses bad in road cars Jack? I've seen the aftermath of a few crashes in road cars (albeit fast ones) where a harness has saved the drivers life. Not that i'd put one in my current car but it's down to personal preference and opinion.

If a harness is done up tight enough - you will have trouble moving around in the car to see things.

If you can move around - it's not done up tight enough (and a normal 3-point belt is just as good).

Don't even get me started on roll cages...
A rollcage is actually dangerous in a road car.
Quote from kamilek12 :A rollcage is actually dangerous in a road car.

I fail to see how hitting a tree at 150kph is any different to hitting a car?

I've seen a couple crashes with streetcars that had cages. Im willing to bet it certainly benefited them. Especially in the event of a roll over.(Obviously)
I'll be getting my next car caged.

Its like with anything...don't cheap out.
$150 bolt in cages aren't CAMS approved for a reason.
Quote from Klutch :I fail to see how hitting a tree at 150kph is any different to hitting a car?

I've seen a couple crashes with streetcars that had cages. Im willing to bet it certainly benefited them. Especially in the event of a roll over.(Obviously)
I'll be getting my next car caged.

Its like with anything...don't cheap out.
$150 bolt in cages aren't CAMS approved for a reason.

Cars move on impact absorbing force, trees usually don't.

Cages are fine IF you have a helmet and properly tightened harness. Steel tubes are not very forgiving to the human head when you ragdoll through the cabin of an overturning vehicle.
You would have to be some sort of retard to not pad your cage in the first place.

I know which one i would rather in the event of a crash. Head hitting a padded metal bar, or my neck being broken when the roof caves in on me.
Its not a matter of safety to me, the question is why would you put a cage in a car that isn't going to be raced? It just makes it harder to get in and out. Plus if you're driving in such a way on public roads that there is actually a good chance that your car will end up on its roof, then a roll cage probably won't lengthen your life by very many years anyway..
Because some people take there daily drivers to the track regularly.
Even padded you could do some serious damage to yourself without a helmet.
And racing belts are to uncomfy for a road car imo...

Just picked it up (and washed it:tilt

Flavor savers from the Dragon.

racing seat was installed yesterday too... the weekend after EpicMeet
oh well.

Header comes in Wednesday, still no sign on those mounts.
Quote from Klutch :You would have to be some sort of retard to not pad your cage in the first place.

I know which one i would rather in the event of a crash. Head hitting a padded metal bar, or my neck being broken when the roof caves in on me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHryuDJuS6Q @ 8:40
Rollcages are touch and go, they can be dangerous if you're not wearing a race harness, with a standard seatbelt you're gonna fly around and you're limbs and the rollcage are gonna go on what the abbo's call 'the whirlwind date'.
with a standard seatbelt you are gonna fly around and you are limbs and the rollcage are gonna go what the abbo's call the 'whirlwind date'.

makes sense.

You can get a roll cage like in the GT3RS, not a "full" one but a half one which goes across over where the back seats are and isn't as awkward as a full one (which is stupid on a car which is road legal).

Klutch you don't need a roll cage you have plenty of absorbing material on your person. 8)
fat jokes coming from you? lol
Lmao, the irony.
Quote from Klutch :fat jokes coming from you? lol

Maybe it's just sharing the joy of soft body?
Soft Body? Isn't that fundamental in American car design?
Would explain how badly most of them hold up in a crash.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Would explain how badly most of them hold up in a crash.

no, thats the lowest budget possible to make it, then make it in mexico... and if it still isn't safe, **** the customer, they have to buy american dezigns....

Happend a couple of weeks ago, dumb cow smashed me at a roundabout, didn't admit fault at the time but her insurance has paid out and it hasn't affected me.

Car is a write off, getting a new one at the weekend.
Quote from Bawbag :

Happend a couple of weeks ago, dumb cow smashed me at a roundabout, didn't admit fault at the time but her insurance has paid out and it hasn't affected me.

Car is a write off, getting a new one at the weekend.

Dunno if it happens by accident or something, but 95% of people I met either eye-to-eye or online said they were smashed by a dumb cow.

Just imagine the world without dumb cows. Would be A LOT safer and car friendly.
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :sounds like a waste of time...go find a cheap lq4...not sure why you would want to put anything but an lsx in there if you're doing a swap...from both a cost/performance standpoint...you can keep it carbed to keep the cost down and you'd be much happier in the end...so would your right foot...

while i save up money with my job, i can use this as a project to keep me busy, and use it as proof of knowledge when its time for internships/college.
i plan on putting absolutely no money into this, my dad is paying for everything it needs, it is going to be on his name.
not doing a swap, but we have a 454 lying around, and it will fit...that is the plan.
fuel injection is far preferred in my opinion, just easier in general, and im happy with anything in the end...my right foot will be PLENTY happy with this...it is already "too much" for my parents.

also, finding what i want for a daily driver is not going to be easy in my price range. i am very picky. we do have a few extra cars that get 6+ mpg, so this will be a truck to impress more then anything.

Quote from Klutch :you dont have your license, and you want to drive a 400hp 4x4?(i assume?)

And how are you going to pay for all this?

i have my permit, and getting my license in january.
i do want to drive a 400hp 4x4, yes. not every day, i will spend money more then save at that point.

i have to buy nothing at this point. we have every.single.part. needed except bolts for the frame at this point. (anybody know where i can get those btw?)
nothing spent building, insurance/registration payed for by mi padre. gas payed for.....well im not driving it every day

sorry i have not been active lately, thats why the response is late.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG