The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :What one are you talking about? If your talking about the Mk1 Focus ST170, then yes, this as badged as a Duratec, but its just a Zetec underneath and a Ford block. It is tweaked to push out the extra HP to bring it upto 170. Its a 2.0 Four cylinder engine. The MK1 Focus RS used the same Duratec engine, but turbocharged so that it pushed out 212hp.

As for the "newer" focus, the ST225 use's a Turbocharged 5-Cylinder Volvo engine, as does the Mondeo 2.5 Turbo and the newer Focus RS.

As for the Old school boys fitting a Mazda gearbox, then yes, your right. The Black top zetecs were essentially a Mazda engine, exept the internals were changed for higher performance and efficiency.

For the mazda duratec I wasnt on about the fancy rs models, (well apart from the zetec'd ST's) but I meant your run of the mill 2.0 duratec in a mondy is the mazda 6 engine. though without the vvt i think. Still, making 200bhp with only a years development cant be too bad
Your post is confusing.

I dont get the "200hp in under a years develpment part"? Do you mean the N/A 2.0 engines? If so, there only around 140-150hp.

As for the Newer Mondeo using a Mazda engine, i dont think it does. I know its using a Mazda platform, but i dont believe the engine is a Mazda unit.

E: I just done a little research, and yes, the 2.0's and pretty much all 4-cylinders in the Fords now are a Mazda MZR design.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :His proton started on 145s (or there about) so it would be better.

i think you mean worse
on a proton youd probably need something less than 100s to have any sort of fun with it
Quote from Shotglass :i think you mean worse
on a proton youd probably need something less than 100s to have any sort of fun with it

Are you kidding me? Its a proton. Its not exactly a fun car to start with.

And no, i DO mean better. If i had to choose whether to use 145 width tyres or wider 195 tyres when cornering in the wet, then i know what ones i would choose!
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Are you kidding me? Its a proton. Its not exactly a fun car to start with.

which is why youll need the worst tyres you can possibly find to get any sort of driving feel out of it instead of making it completely dead
The Volvo 5cylinder engine is a copy of Audi's block with their permission. Small wonder it's one of the best engines to be dropped in a Ford chassis.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Your post is confusing.

I dont get the "200hp in under a years develpment part"? Do you mean the N/A 2.0 engines? If so, there only around 140-150hp.

As for the Newer Mondeo using a Mazda engine, i dont think it does. I know its using a Mazda platform, but i dont believe the engine is a Mazda unit.

E: I just done a little research, and yes, the 2.0's and pretty much all 4-cylinders in the Fords now are a Mazda MZR design.

Was thinking more about the performance built ones by 3rd parties rather than the standard engine for the 200bhp.
Thats the name i was looking for! All I knew was it was in a mazda 6
The stock tires are 185 60 14, those are 195 50 15 (same size overall).

The back ones are 205 55 15, though, didn't realise MR2's had different size wheels at the back because i'm a nub.

MR2 mk 1 / 2's use 5-stud, mk3's use 4 studes with the odd size arrangement and the mk3 rev2 uses the same fronts but a 215 something 16 wheel at the back oddly...
Attached images
DSC00281.JPG
I liked the 88888 tbh and if the speedo was off the clock, it would probarly be at damn 88889 by the time I got my phone out to take a picture.
Quote from Bawbag :I liked the 88888 tbh and if the speedo was off the clock, it would probarly be at damn 88889 by the time I got my phone out to take a picture.

Might wanna fuel up there Mac.
Quote from BlueFlame :Might wanna fuel up there Mac.

Yea, it wasn't so bad then but i've done about 60 miles since then, so i'm under the red zone now.
wow lot of idiots there
Quote from e2mustang :wow lot of idiots there

Yep.

Idiots because we choose to do skids on a deserted road in the middle of nowhere at 1-2am, as oposed to suburan streets.

Clearly we just don't think about anything.
I need to import me a decent car from Uk and head to Oz
Its not mine yet, but will be in a couple of weeks or so, needless to say i cant wait to get it!

Quote from e2mustang :wow lot of idiots there

and the worst bit is people automatically associate me with these type of idiots thanks to my car (having a couple of idiots who race between the lights every weekend just a few km from here doesnt help either)
You can do that in your driveway, just jack the drive wheels off the ground, stick the car on axle stands and job done, i got my old 1.1 metro to do 125 like that!
Quote from Klutch :Yep.

Idiots because we choose to do skids on a deserted road in the middle of nowhere at 1-2am, as oposed to suburan streets.

Clearly we just don't think about anything.

I dont care where or when u do it,its just the act itself for me nothing else
Quote from Shotglass :and the worst bit is people automatically associate me with these type of idiots thanks to my car (having a couple of idiots who race between the lights every weekend just a few km from here doesnt help either)

what car do you drive if im allowed to ask?
Quote from Shotglass :and the worst bit is people automatically associate me with these type of idiots thanks to my car (having a couple of idiots who race between the lights every weekend just a few km from here doesnt help either)

same thing with me mate,every1 wants to race me,but they dont realize what are they into..
Quote from BastianB :what car do you drive if im allowed to ask?

mr2
not that long ago a friend and i were doing a bit of work on the car behind his house and a couple walked past and asked us if we knew anything about the engine noises every night... gah

Quote from e2mustang :same thing with me mate,every1 wants to race me,but they dont realize what are they into..

yeah but all bmw drivers really are twats
New pics of my little go-kart.

This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG