The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Migz :And i've only ever seen one golf driven by a teenager between the age of 17-20 and he wasnt chavvy. The only few chavs ive seen driving them are 20+ driving banged up about to fall apart GTi's. Might be a chavvy car over there, luckily doesn't seem to be here though.

Sam93 owns a MK3 Golf.
Xcnuse:
Yep indeed, but i'm informed well and things won't be rushed They are Rays btw

@Migz:
Hehe, but that wasn't directly aimed at you
I'm just trying to say that in the UK, you pay less insurance to a bigger/faster car then the small ones
is that a fusion?
That car is a disabled badge on wheels
They should paint it disabled badge blue.
Quote from Seb66 :the car I'm currently driving..
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9767116/PICS/Random/lexy.JPG

put some new pads on the other day.. I suppose you couldn't really call the things I took off brake pads anymore

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9767116/PICS/Random/brakes.JPG

soz for sideways photos

Your spring clip is on wrong! It should hook from the caliper to the carrier!

They can be awkward to put in, but if you put the bottom one in first, then get a pair of pliers on the top part and twist it in, should pop in
nooo, I have them on right! I took the picture before I put the clips back on properly Thanks for the concern though
Oh phew!
with the new wheels fitted

Quote from Seb66 :nooo, I have them on right! I took the picture before I put the clips back on properly Thanks for the concern though

The best is you would get yourself some kind of manual... Here they sell books like that:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51HDNUZAWLL.jpg

Such book might also contain information about examining the thickness of your brake disc, which looks very much worn to be honest.:expressio
stuffs.

Next is to get these polished back up like they used to; I tried polishing one up but got it nowhere near as polished as they used to be, that was going from 1k sandpaper and then trying to use a headlight restore kit and then finished up with rubbing compound, and ass you can see not nearly as reflective as it used to be.
So, returning to wetsanding, got some 2k and 3k sandpaper and some numetal polisher.

couple of pics..

ɐılɐɹʇsn∀ uı ʎluo
End of an Era.

Best mates rx7 let go today, 180kph, back off, massive backfire and then a trail of blue smoke. Temp started to rise and oil pressure was abnormally low, we got home, popped the bonnet and oil has been splattered everywhere from the fan, we moved the car back and theres just a massive pool of oil...

half a can of degreaser, 15 minutes later, and a high pressure hose got her all squeekky clean so we could find what the issue was, went for a quick drive, oil light came on literally 1 minute later...came back, popped bonnet...oil is bone dry. It dumped a full load of oil in all of 1-2 minutes...

Im hoping its just a simple fix like a front cover leak...but i think its a lot more sinister to be losing that much oil so quickly...

RIP FC, so many fond memories D:
Quote from Klutch :oil pressure was abnormally low, we got home, popped the bonnet and oil has been splattered everywhere from the fan, we moved the car back and theres just a massive pool of oil... went for a quick drive, oil light came on

Erm, so if I read that right, oil pressure dropped and he still drove the car? Your mate is a ****ing idiot. By the time the oil pressure light comes on it is already too late for your engine. I assume you also put in more oil before going for the second drive and just forgot to mention that bit.

Although to be fair the damage was already done by that point, all he did then was just finish off the motor.
washed clay and wax this morning, no work on wheels, i'm exhausted from this weekend.

Painted the grill black too finally instead of tape. Has a few spots that need touching up. But it's far more brilliant of a shine than the tape was!
(the bottom most lip on the front bumper is still tape, just painted the grill, haven't gotten that far yet)
[time to repaint the badge too, it's starting to look beat up, but forgot to pull it out when I taped it all up before paint]

nice

it isn't Dakar Yellow, am I right? looks a bit darker..
True, this isn't any car color
This is RAL1023 Traffic Yellow. This is better then the BMW color imo
That's badass. Nice colour choice.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG