The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
I talked about the looks
Quote from BlueFlame :What are we looking at the Daytona or that green POS?

The Lotus 23?
I dunno, whichever..

we had 3 lotus race cars in our garage once; one of which was lewis clark's 22

Race version of the Daytona is kept up at the local Ferrari dealership

Quote from PMD9409 :Old Dodge it seems.

'86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer.. THAT.. was a POS lol
Quote from XCNuse :The Lotus 23?
I dunno, whichever..

we had 3 lotus race cars in our garage once; one of which was lewis clark's 22

Race version of the Daytona is kept up at the local Ferrari dealership

That's odd I thought this was a 23 http://www.historiclotusregist ... Lotus%2023%20No18-587.jpg

The one in that pic looks a damn sight like a replica.
Quote from XCNuse :

Dangggggggggggg, way to throw a turd into that driveway.

Jeep and Dodge was pretty close when it came to their truck building, the emblem thing was the same in the old Dodge's.
it was my sisters' first car, she was happy; it was bought lifted and stuff, it was actually pretty nice, had some electrical problems though.
Quote from Jakg :The wheels turned up, they look shit to be honest, but the tyres are good.

Trial fitment (looking even more ridiculous!)

Didn't fit up front (caliper was touching the spokes), and the wheels somehow managed to glue themselves to the hubs in the meantime, so took an hour of swearing to get them off...

Looks like I either need to get some spacers (would rather not) or get some new rims to put them on...

Decided to get some new wheels:

Look like arse, but only cost me postage so I can't complain. Plus I will probably get the cost of postage back when I scrap the old wheels, so I can't really complain.

EDIT - Picture is pre-clean but most of the shit wont come off anyway.
-
([RCG]Boosted) DELETED by [RCG]Boosted
I've got some wheel cleaner, but it's last squirt this morning. Will pick some up tomorrow and give it another go when I get round to fitting them (i.e. the winter).
Instead of paying for 2 sets of shit wheels why didn't you just get 1 half decent set? They're going to look rediculous...
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Instead of paying for 2 sets of shit wheels why didn't you just get 1 half decent set? They're going to look rediculous...

What?

I bought the first set really for the tyres (£50, bargain). The wheels fitting would of been a bonus but alas no. I got the second set for free, so I really can't complain at that...

No 15" wheel is going to look good on my car tbh, especially not the sort of thing in my price range (trust me, i've been looking...)
15" wheels are always going to look rediculous on a car that big, i don't see how you can justify the outlay either, you paid £50 for a set of 2nd hand tyres, 15" ones, then i imagine £40 for the other wheels to be posted, then you've got to get them fitted and at the end of that your stuck with some shitty wheels all so you can drive in some snow for about 5 days a year i know they work better in colder/wetter conditions aswell but most seem to get by with normal tyres. Just seems to me you fanny about alot, not just with these wheels/tyres but in general.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :15" wheels are always going to look rediculous on a car that big, i don't see how you can justify the outlay either, you paid £50 for a set of 2nd hand tyres, 15" ones, then i imagine £40 for the other wheels to be posted, then you've got to get them fitted and at the end of that your stuck with some shitty wheels all so you can drive in some snow for about 5 days a year i know they work better in colder/wetter conditions aswell but most seem to get by with normal tyres. Just seems to me you fanny about alot, not just with these wheels/tyres but in general.

Every mile I do on the cheap wheels with cheap tyres is a mile i'm not doing on my (much more expensive to replace) summer tyres.

I "got by" with my summer tyres last year, but I did very nearly rear-end a car through no fault of my own. As I was sliding towards the back of the Mondeo the overriding thought in my head was "this accident is going to cost much much more than winter tyres would of done".
Quote from BlueFlame :That's odd I thought this was a 23 http://www.historiclotusregist ... Lotus%2023%20No18-587.jpg

The one in that pic looks a damn sight like a replica.

I'd say it is a Lotus 27.

Quote from Jakg :but I did very nearly rear-end a car through no fault of my own.

Quote from Jakg :As I was sliding towards the back of the Mondeo

I felt this required two different quote boxes. If you're sliding in the snow you was going too fast for the road conditions or your tyres ability to cope in the conditions. The fault was squarely in your court. You cannot blame nature for shit driving.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N : If you're sliding in the snow you was going too fast for the road conditions or your tyres ability to cope in the conditions. The fault was squarely in your court. You cannot blame nature for shit driving.

That's hilarious, I refrained from posting yet my point is still put across.

+1 on this anyway, if your going to hit someone else's rear then it's your fault regardless.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I felt this required two different quote boxes. If you're sliding in the snow you was going too fast for the road conditions or your tyres ability to cope in the conditions. The fault was squarely in your court. You cannot blame nature for shit driving.

Sure I've posted this before, but here goes...

After work I decided I would "get the feel" of the ZT in the snowy conditions (having a large empty car park helps). I got the hang of feeling up to (and over) the limit, practicing stopping, feeling how much grip there was etc. I spent about half an hour doing this, so I had a pretty good idea on the conditions.

Once I'd stopped doing this, I come to leave. Theres a roundabout leaving work, as I come up to it theres a car stopped in front of me waiting to join. I've got miles of room to stop, i'm doing maybe 10 MPH at most. I brake nice and early (nice and early even taking the conditions into account), only for the wheels to lock up instantly, ABS to kick in, wheels lock again all the while losing no speed. There simply was pretty much no grip that my tyres could find.

No warning, no funny looking ice... just some grip to none in a second. I slid straight towards the back of the Mondeo up ahead, and luckily managed to go between it and the traffic island (just enough room) and came to rest in the middle of the roundabout. I was very lucky there was room and not a car coming...

The only way to avoid such a thing would be to do ~3 MPH everywhere "just in case" or to get some decent tyres... I chose the latter.

EDIT - Just to point out again, I wasn't doing any sort of stupid speed and I knew full well how long my car would take to stop in the conditions. I then braked much much earlier than I needed to, there just wasn't any grip there. There was no way any sort of driver skill (or lack thereof) could of got me out of that situation, or stopped me getting into it (unless I decided to take every snowy road at 1MPH just in case).
Quote from Jakg :Sure I've posted this before, but here goes...

After work I decided I would "get the feel" of the ZT in the snowy conditions (having a large empty car park helps). I got the hang of feeling up to (and over) the limit, practicing stopping, feeling how much grip there was etc. I spent about half an hour doing this, so I had a pretty good idea on the conditions.

Once I'd stopped doing this, I come to leave. Theres a roundabout leaving work, as I come up to it theres a car stopped in front of me waiting to join. I've got miles of room to stop, i'm doing maybe 10 MPH at most. I brake nice and early (nice and early even taking the conditions into account), only for the wheels to lock up instantly, ABS to kick in, wheels lock again all the while losing no speed. There simply was pretty much no grip that my tyres could find.

No warning, no funny looking ice... just some grip to none in a second. I slid straight towards the back of the Mondeo up ahead, and luckily managed to go between it and the traffic island (just enough room) and came to rest in the middle of the roundabout. I was very lucky there was room and not a car coming...

The only way to avoid such a thing would be to do ~3 MPH everywhere "just in case" or to get some decent tyres... I chose the latter.

EDIT - Just to point out again, I wasn't doing any sort of stupid speed and I knew full well how long my car would take to stop in the conditions. I then braked much much earlier than I needed to, there just wasn't any grip there. There was no way any sort of driver skill (or lack thereof) could of got me out of that situation, or stopped me getting into it (unless I decided to take every snowy road at 1MPH just in case).

Your tyres found enough grip to turn sharply and avoid but not brake?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Your tyres found enough grip to turn sharply and avoid but not brake?

I didn't turn sharply, I turned maybe 5° at most.
It's the DRL's
Haters gonna hate

and u hate it
looks terrible
Quote from Jakg :Have to agree. But function > form.

Have to agree. When it's moving it's just a silver blob (albeit a smaller one) anyway
Paint them black, done.
Quote from G!NhO :Paint them black, done.

Then they would just look like those cheap, rubbish spare wheels.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG