The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Jakg :Please don't take this the wrong way, but anyone who says that looks "professional" has obviously never seen a professional install...

Are those amps even screwed down...?

(I know you said "they don't move" but thats not quite the same...)

i guess i answered it in my head, but avoided actually answering the question...yes they are screwed down, and the "thin piece" it is screwed to is pretty stirdy being the whole width, and held down by the boxes which are wedged firmly up against the top of the trunk + the weight of the amps themselves etc.

The only reason i asked if it 'looks professional' is because to me it looks hideous, and i know it doesnt really look professional, but i want it to look acceptable, and to everybody i asked it is.
i do plan on figuring out where the little bit of noise is coming from and while im doing that, removing all the excess wire, and neatening it up.

Quote from bmwe30m3 :Bitches don't care about sound quality, show them the subwoofers and amps, bitches love subwoofers and amps.
Also, lower your bimmer logitek, bitches love when the bottom scrapes ground with sparks flying.

ignoring the first part of your post, which is false in 90% of the population's ears, i do plan on lowering my next car, not this one because i do plan on removing all of the stuff i put into it, and selling it eventually.

Quote from Tomba(FIN) :This. Why you don't place the amps behind the subs? Why they has to be there so you can't fit anything else in the boot? Like the man asked, are those amps screwed down?
If not, then I can't wait to hear news from you that the amps flew like hell in the boot while taking few turns and eventually the power cords found themselves short circuiting and welding all over your boot.

the way the sub boxes are now is the perfect depth, height, and ease of access to easily remove them, yet keep them secure. The seat folds down with a quick release for the wires for easy just in case removal. this means i do have a trunk if i need it. The biggest problem with running the amps behind the sub's is the negative wire for them is too short, barely reaches as it is...this may seem minor, but i dont want to buy 8 gauge wire and solder that monster together...

i have had no need to fill up my trunk, and i dont plan on it. im not carrying logs, the most i have had to carry is my gym bag which can fit literally anywhere.

it is screwed down, and quite sturdy; an accident will surely jumble something up back there, but doesnt an accident jumble everything up a little? thats theh least of my concerns...

Quote from Homeless_Drunk :it looks far from professional...

there's no wire organization outside of an abundance of zipties...

if an accident were to happen that thin piece your amps are sitting on won't hold the force and everything in your truck will be a jumbled mess...not to mention your trunk is useless now with those amps sprawled out...good use of space, lol.

did you secure your boxes or are they just resting in there?

you didn't even trim your speaker wire so it's the correct length...it's an eyesore to see the excess zipped in loops...

do yourself a favor, take a weekend, and re-do it correctly...because you'd win no prizes for that mess...

most of your questions were answered above, and what else do i use other than zip ties? honestly...the way the amps are i have no choice on which way the wires run; i guess i could try to just trim the slightly long pieces, but that is not going to make it look like a picture.

the boxes are just resting in there, but they are VERY snug, least of my concerns. there is one piece visible that is looped.

like i said above, i am not done with this, one of my RCA's is running too close to another wire (alternator charge to battery i believe) causing a slight whine which i have to take care of..while i do that i will try to neaten up a little better.
Quote from G!NhO :Haha so funny. lol

Jelly cause you can't get girlfriend?

@scrabby, not loud enough

Yes, so funny, I was talking about bitches, you are talking about girlfriends.
Or do you have a bitch as a girlfriend, or the other way around?
Just wash it often, bitches hate dirty cars.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Yes, so funny, I was talking about bitches, you are talking about girlfriends.
Or do you have a bitch as a girlfriend, or the other way around?

Getting personal now? I thought you didn't like low.
Shut up you 2 already...

@ Scrabby - damn nice.
Thx for the awsome replies It will be not so loud anymore soon

This is going on... my awsomeness is not accepted on tracks

Ghino:

I mother****ingdoublebareya to hear it in real life. I was driving behind my teammate (screaming 4AGE) and he said he couldn't hear his engine anymore over mine...
Was sarcasm, the sound is orgasmic
i kno
i hoped you'd recognise the sentence from Pulp Fiction :P
Coilovers are ON!

To start with, we fitted them without the helper springs because apparently 'you dont need them on an e36' however, the same did NOT apply on my e46, as this picture showed, this was how it sat, and here it was pretty much on its highest setting, maybe 20% wound down at the most...

Ridiculously low, after this picture we dropped it down slightly more, just to see how low we could get it, just for a laugh, but after about 2 or 3 more threads down on the adjusters it bottomed out on the ramp, so we gave up, stopped being silly, and refitted the helpers, and then set it just below half way, about 60% down, and the rears are about 50% down, with this result...

I might wind the front up a little bit more, as even when practically rolling at 1mph, the bumper caught slightly as i went up the drop kerb and into my driveway.

And, the ride? Well, surprisingly good to be totally honest, the mx5 literally felt like it had no suspension travel and used to just bounce you around terribly, and that was nowhere near this low, it obviously is stiffer, theres a lot less body roll, but all in all it feels nice, it is very slightly bouncy, but suspension bounce, not bottomed out 'mazda' bounce, plus its very minimal, im very happy with it.
Logitek,

Just drill a few holes through that board the amps are screwed to and run the cables directly down through it. That way you cant see as much mess.

Also try this to see if it fixes your interference, get 2 cables, around the same size as speaker cable. On one end attach it to the ground of your RCA, thats the outer shield. Just lay the cable flat against the inside of the outer shield of your RCA, making sure it doesn't touch the center pin. Then push the RCA into your amplifier. Do the same with the other RCA. Then on the opposite ends of your cable just ground them.

Sometimes it helps, not always but its worth a try.

I've got an absolute mess of cables as well which i haven't had the time to sort out, its causing interference in 2nd and 3rd, unluckily the trick above only helped make it a bit quieter, but didn't get rid of it.
Quote from Migz :Logitek,

Just drill a few holes through that board the amps are screwed to and run the cables directly down through it. That way you cant see as much mess.

Also try this to see if it fixes your interference, get 2 cables, around the same size as speaker cable. On one end attach it to the ground of your RCA, thats the outer shield. Just lay the cable flat against the inside of the outer shield of your RCA, making sure it doesn't touch the center pin. Then push the RCA into your amplifier. Do the same with the other RCA. Then on the opposite ends of your cable just ground them.

Sometimes it helps, not always but its worth a try.

I've got an absolute mess of cables as well which i haven't had the time to sort out, its causing interference in 2nd and 3rd, unluckily the trick above only helped make it a bit quieter, but didn't get rid of it.

i doubt it will work, i remember wiring it and then AFTER seeing that the rca cables shouldn't be near any other wires...im 95% sure i ran it by some wires that carry a very strong signal
Oh haha,
Rule number 1. Audio signals and power wires do not mix.
Quote from KiRmelius :Just wash it often, bitches hate dirty cars.

Mine hates it when I drift gets all scared xD
Quote from Scrabby :i kno
i hoped you'd recognise the sentence from Pulp Fiction :P

Never seen that movie

@dan, nice
Never seen it? What?!

You'd better see it fast
Its the one with john travolta and.......? Right?
Quote from mamoru :Mine hates it when I drift gets all scared xD

Sometimes girls just act scared, to get attention. Their behaviour is yet to be explained by science.
Hi guys
I use to dive my swift car and I love to it but recently saw new skoda fabia which was looking great and also have impressive features so I plan to buy that car as my swift is old and of older version so I will be sharing the pic of my new fabia soon.
Quote from vikaskumar11233 :Hi guys
I use to dive my swift car and I love to it but recently saw new skoda fabia which was looking great and also have impressive features so I plan to buy that car as my swift is old and of older version so I will be sharing the pic of my new fabia soon.

Almost two times cheaper than over here. Cool.
Anyone have a clue what ATS wheels these are? Got them but never got to know the name, and google isn't helping..
Attached images
IMG_8447.JPG
IMG_8443.JPG
thx
All properly height adjusted now, earlier on, measuring from the centre of the wheel to the wheelarch, i had levels of, nsf, 305mm, osf, 300mm, nsr 308mm, osr, 296mn, i now have bang on 305mm all round, i know they will settle and no doubt drop slightly over the coming months, but i figured having the exact same height all round at this point is kind of logical.
Ok, so I went for a drive today and I thought it would be a good idea to film the dashboard during the whole drive so you guys can enjoy the exaust note.

vids will be up in a few mins.... they were filmed with my iphone so dont expect 1080p or some hd sh!t like that...
p1 - city driving... downtown mtl
http://youtu.be/VhpXJgLjn-w
also.. thats upside down.

p2 on the Autoroute Metropolitaine
http://youtu.be/5SVWWL4rQKE

p3 - just parking...like a granny
http://youtu.be/HzdGVYBtnIU
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG