The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
welp now i have everything...i excite

Everything except for the turbine you mean?

318is, HiDs, Eibach Springs, half leather, I'm happy!
Looks very nice! I always wanted an IS.
My boot install is messy too...

Oh wait...
post your boot thread

Attached images
IMG_8437.JPG
Mmm, box and sub look sexy. What you running?

My sub is only something like 550 watts RMS, but it hits the low tones really hard and goes well with my amp.

You able to offer any advice btw Tomba? I recently had to perform a repair on the sub, as the wire going from the sub connection to the coil had gotten hot and seperated from the cone. I was wondering if you could tell me why it had gotten so hot, and how I could stop it from happening again. For now, my dodgy repair is working well and will do until I upgrade the sub and amp when I fit my mids/tweeters that I have laying around. It's just I was curious as to why it happened in the first place. One friend has said that it might be because I run the subwoofer so hard, and that the voltage might be dipping below 12volts, which is not recommended apparently.

Any help?
Burning the tinsel leads probably means your putting too much power through it, HOWEVER it could just mean a poor quality sub. With a decent sub, the voice coil should give up long before the tinsels melt.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Mmm, box and sub look sexy. What you running?

My sub is only something like 550 watts RMS, but it hits the low tones really hard and goes well with my amp.

You able to offer any advice btw Tomba? I recently had to perform a repair on the sub, as the wire going from the sub connection to the coil had gotten hot and seperated from the cone. I was wondering if you could tell me why it had gotten so hot, and how I could stop it from happening again. For now, my dodgy repair is working well and will do until I upgrade the sub and amp when I fit my mids/tweeters that I have laying around. It's just I was curious as to why it happened in the first place. One friend has said that it might be because I run the subwoofer so hard, and that the voltage might be dipping below 12volts, which is not recommended apparently.

Any help?

The sub is audison av12 500w rms, sub amplifier is some old school hertz one which is working surprisingly well and I can swear the old amps beats the new ones easily in quality. The thing is for quality sound but it can do decent amount of pressure too. I won't be using it for that though, I can't stand loud bass anymore As for front speakers, rainbow slc 365.25ng with some amplifier by autostudio. Keep forgetting the model names of amplifiers

Quote from Jakg :Burning the tinsel leads probably means your putting too much power through it, HOWEVER it could just mean a poor quality sub. With a decent sub, the voice coil should give up long before the tinsels melt.

I had this with my hertz es250d, just soldered them and hot glued. Had a shitty amplifier with it not giving enough watts. Sub rms was 250w and amp close to 180w
Quote from Jakg :Burning the tinsel leads probably means your putting too much power through it, HOWEVER it could just mean a poor quality sub. With a decent sub, the voice coil should give up long before the tinsels melt.

Hmm I see. Well to be honest, it's by no means a high quality sub in terms of build quality. The standard wiring was pretty terrible and as thick as a strand of hair, but I've since upgraded it. It is possible it's running too much power. At first it was running with an in-built amp, which sounded "ok" but I started having issues with the sub cutting in an out, which lead onto it blowing the fuses for the amp and battery lead. I then fitted a 1000watt Kenwood amp I had, which solved the issue and now means the subwoofer sounds much, much better but then the lead melted.

I guess this will do for now. Once the car is bloser to being finished, then I can look into fitting a better system and will most likely fit a seperate battery.

Edit: Sounds good Tomba! I'm rather different, as I just LOVE loud bass which shakes your whole body, which this sub manages pretty well for such a cheap unit! I'm running the standard bose speakers that my car came with at the moment, which are pretty decent (2 in each front door, 1 in each rear.) but I do have some tweeters and mids to go in, and crossovers, which came from one of my old cars. I forgot the model names, but I'll take a looksie tomorrow.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Everything except for the turbine you mean?

lol, you mean i need more than just that?????!!!!

I had a .63 a/r...wasn't big enough so I upgraded to .82
Too low? Nah, pretty much just right, slammed nicely but without the crashy ride, plus i still have the ability to travel over speed bumps, allbeit slowly.

I have actually been informed by my mate (who has a crazy low E36 torung that is literally ON the floor) thats its too high, i believe 'go low or go home' were his words haha.

Im happy with it anyway, although if it drops any more once it starts to settle then i will have to raise it accordingly as its quite literally on the limit of whats practical, it clears the slope in my drive by literally 2mm, i can just about do speed bumps as already mentioned. and as for parking at work, well you could barely get a cigarette paper between the front bumper and that kerb stone.

Attached images
IMG_0377.JPG
So heres my new car and new project ! 1998 320i with 200K on clock. I cant wait to see it when i get back to Hungary

I already have my plans what im gonna do with it
Attached images
IMG00154-20120310-0815.jpg
IMG00142-20120310-0812.jpg
IMG00144-20120310-0813.jpg
IMG00151-20120310-0815.jpg
IMG00149-20120310-0814.jpg
Looks nice.
M3 rims you had yourself or were them under it already?
My sister also has a e36 320, 1995 tho.
What's with the M stripes everywhere?
M-sport trim? did that even exist back then?
Quote from danthebangerboy :Too low? Nah, pretty much just right, slammed nicely but without the crashy ride, plus i still have the ability to travel over speed bumps, allbeit slowly.

I have actually been informed by my mate (who has a crazy low E36 torung that is literally ON the floor) thats its too high, i believe 'go low or go home' were his words haha.

Im happy with it anyway, although if it drops any more once it starts to settle then i will have to raise it accordingly as its quite literally on the limit of whats practical, it clears the slope in my drive by literally 2mm, i can just about do speed bumps as already mentioned. and as for parking at work, well you could barely get a cigarette paper between the front bumper and that kerb stone.

I love you now haha

Looks pretty neat!
Go low or go home... Sounds ****ing chavvy to me!

Your car looks way lower because of the high tyres
e2mustang You've already got the M3 door sills you just need an M badge in the back, save a few thousand dollars

I actually knew a tool who did that to his 330ci. He would race around not really knowing how to shift so the car always smelled like incinerated clutch. Also the front bump stops had fallen off the frame after he lowered it (cut the springs) so it was all in all pretty terrifying. He was the kind of guy that makes people worry if douchebaggery is contagious.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Looks nice.
M3 rims you had yourself or were them under it already?
My sister also has a e36 320, 1995 tho.
What's with the M stripes everywhere?

Im not in hungary yet,so i did nothing to the car,just bought it yesterday as it is.
M stripes,the seats are leather M3 seats,just like in mine
Quote from el pibe :M-sport trim? did that even exist back then?

M sport trims are very old now even in the 80's they had it

Quote from Mysho :For example?

M3 swap as Töki said,also M3 bumpers and mirrors,lower it,paint the rims black,and replace all painted trims to black ones.i dont like that all silver look.

Quote from Töki (HUN) :M3 swap, I guess.

you know me well :P

Quote from flymike91 :e2mustang You've already got the M3 door sills you just need an M badge in the back, save a few thousand dollars

No i wont put M3 badge on trunk coz almost every bmw has that in europe,ill stick to the very uniqe M-Technic badge i have
something like this
Nice

My M3 now has a full lexan window kit fitted
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG