The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
in northern ireland most 20 year olds are driving 1.2ltr Corsas with 3 tonnes of rice.
Quote from dadge :in northern ireland most 20 year olds are driving 1.2ltr Corsas with 3 tonnes of rice. they do not average 10 cars per year since legally being able to drive. that's a car every 5 weeks.

That basically sums up the rest of Ireland too though
Quote from Klutch :Thats perfectly achievable if the person is a hard and dedicated worker.

My best friend has owned upwards of 10 cars and hes only 21, half of them being daily runabouts, other half being performance cars (MK2 Supra, MK3 Supra, SA22C, FC3S) To name some...

been their, but most that i own atm, are keepers for a few years then shifted with higher demand and such, nothing worth more then 5k id say, but still... theirs about 8 atm.

Quote from dadge :in northern ireland most 20 year olds are driving 1.2ltr Corsas with 3 tonnes of rice. they do not average 10 cars per year since legally being able to drive. that's a car every 5 weeks.

agreed, though cars do change hands pretty quick ( namely max powered bangers )

Quote from PoVo :That basically sums up the rest of Ireland too though

about 70-80% of under 25's id agree.

Just don't start me on the eastern European " tuners " in ireland...
yeah iv had all the corsa's saxo's and other cheap cars. there might be some doubt but this is my car i work hard for what i have. my car is my passion i work my ass off so i have a car i can go out and enjoy. im not gonna lie i saved up a long time to get it but i allways wanted one.i could have bought a cheap wee corsa or something but whats the point i wouldn't enjoy driving it. if anyone is thinking of getting one what i'd say is if you can afford it and the stupid price of sul (petrol) at the min and insurence go for it.
If you want to quash the nay sayers, take a photo of your car with a tin of baked beans in or around it. Then you will notice a lot of humble pie eaters all up in here.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :If you want to quash the nay sayers, take a photo of your car with a tin of baked beans in or around it. Then you will notice a lot of humble pie eaters all up in here.

i'll even bring my own spoon.
haha sounds like a good plan hav ta dig out the aul camera what brand of beans do u guys prefer??
Such a shame that people have to prove what car they own nowadays, even when it's a fairly common Subaru Impreza!

Also, who was the idiot who called his Impreza a P1 lookalike?! They didn't even do P1's in silver dammit!

EDIT: @ Dadge, he may be on his 8th car at 20, but that still doesn't mean he is a dreamer. 8 cars in 3 years is nothing unusual.
it's almost bay side blue, a colour which instantly makes me cream myself.

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :
EDIT: @ Dadge, he may be on his 8th car at 20, but that still doesn't mean he is a dreamer. 8 cars in 3 years is nothing unusual.

It's very unusual!!. Normally it's 1 car a year (at most) for people. Majority of people have the same car for approx 2 years. No-one I know has had more than 3 different cars in 2 years, apart from one guy, but they're always Renault, always broken, and always shit.

The only reason people would have more cars is, I'd guess, cause either they're an enthusiast (in which case not normal!!!) or crash them all.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :it's almost bay side blue, a colour which instantly makes me cream myself.

Have fun cleaning up:

Quote from S14 DRIFT :it's almost bay side blue, a colour which instantly makes me cream myself.

pic

nice, but the 22b is where it's at imo.

it was called the 22b because it's hex for 555. damn nerds.
I've had a moment. :hide:
Mmmm, love the P1. I would explode in my pants if I ever had the opportunity to own one. Unmolested in every way, just treated to a year service. <3
WRC like xTCC is so far detached from the real world cars it just isn't the same. I liked the old days when you could actually buy a street going version of the cars. VW have been supa pimp buy selling a their Paris-Dakar Toerag to the public.
On the subject of Subaru's... geuss whose bloody Impreza wheels dont fit
Probably thisnameistaken.
Quote from Jakg :On the subject of Subaru's... geuss whose bloody Impreza wheels dont fit

Guess that answers the question over brakes.
The wheels turned up, they look shit to be honest, but the tyres are good.

Trial fitment (looking even more ridiculous!)

Didn't fit up front (caliper was touching the spokes), and the wheels somehow managed to glue themselves to the hubs in the meantime, so took an hour of swearing to get them off...

Looks like I either need to get some spacers (would rather not) or get some new rims to put them on...
I have known people file down part of the caliper to fit around small wheels, but only minimal amounts, guys do it a lot to fit ST170 calipers under 16" wheels.
Why would you replace the current wheels on that rover thing? They look great.
Quote from doyal :Why would you replace the current wheels on that rover thing? They look great.

He is trying winter wheels, but he made the school boy error of buying alloys, not steelies.
face palm
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG