The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
In before shotglass' 'you ruined the handling by lowering it and mr2=best' rant.

Is that a cold air duct to the filter I see in the right corner of the mouth?
Well, be honest.. don't you think that is a tad TOO low? If you attack a blade to it you can cut the grass!
I thought he was selling it?
Quote from doyal :*pic*[/IMG]

What's with the straws stuck between the bumper and the front lip

Looks awesome IMHO.
Car is not actually that low! it's the grass effect... Although I took the wrong turn and went into the wrong area for parking, and did a bit of grass cutting.. Grass was slightly longer (some got stuck in the lip)
Do you notice any scuttle shake with your mk1 doyal, as mine shudders like a total bastard on certian roads, lowering mine has appeared to have made the shake a little bit worse, but the improved handling by far outweighs the annoyance of that, plus lots more clonks and rattles when encountering bumps, although the added cabin noise in mine may be due to the fact that it has no carpets or sound deadening.
Quote from hp999 :What's with the straws stuck between the bumper and the front lip

that's the popular farm mod. all the cool kids have it.
Quote from e2mustang :wrong.im from a country where u cant buy anything so u fix everything.
i just live in usa,where why u would u fix a rim when a new one costs 20 bucks more.

More like where everything available is so cheap and cheaply made that you don't repair it, just buy a new one every year because it's going to break every year and cost you more to repair it.
Quote from mrodgers :More like where everything available is so cheap and cheaply made that you don't repair it, just buy a new one every year because it's going to break every year and cost you more to repair it.

And people can't fix shit by themselves, that's why workshops take so much money for repairs. Lots of unskillful zombies there.
Quote from KiRmelius :And people can't fix shit by themselves, that's why workshops take so much money for repairs. Lots of unskillful zombies there.

Nope, just not worth fixing the garbage products that are available today. Has nothing to do with "unskillful zombies".

If you buy a package of pencils that are 10 for $1 and happen to break one, do you run out and buy wood glue to glue the 2 pieces back together to fix it or do you just toss that one and use another. That is how products are today with practically anything smaller than a car. They are throwaway products.

You can pay $600 for a lawn mower. It lasts 2 years before it breaks and then it will break every year. It costs $450 to fix every time. In 4 years you have $1500 into the tractor with purchase and repairs. Or you can just throw that broken tractor away and buy a new one every 2 years. Now the cost of 2 new tractors in 4 years is $1200 instead of $1500 fixing the same tractor.

When I bought my house in 2000, it has a washing machine from 1968. A 32 year old washing machine still kicking. Sure it used a LOT of water, but it still worked. My wife grew up with water problems, thus she worried about the amount of water it used and wanted a front loading machine that uses hardly any water. $650 it was. Lasted 8 years before it broke. Just the part alone to fix it was $450. Instead of spending $450 and tearing the entire thing apart to fix it just to have something else break again and again and again year after year because it is built to break these days, I spent another $50 and bought a new washing machine that are now $500 to last another 8 years.
ye thats the thing everything is made to last short times.like last week i talked to a benz guy from germany and i was amazed by what he said. we talked about sunroofs coz they r all junk.he said they are made to last 2 years when used a lot,they just hope for people dont use them too much. i was like O.O

but ye what u said i meant above,things are not worth to fix here,and same with rims.its really hard to find a place where they fix them,coz u just buy new ones. check tirerack.com they sell very good,cheap and good looking rims.
Yes, i agree, sometimes repairs are more expensive, than new stuff. But there are lots of failures, which are possible to fix by yourself. Over here in eastern Europe people earn much less money, than in USA, so we rather fix everything possible by ourselves, than take stuff to workshops and pay huge money for someone else.

Trust me, we know how to save money. And people here are good at mechanics, just because they are poor bastards.
Quote from KiRmelius :Yes, i agree, sometimes repairs are more expensive, than new stuff. But there are lots of failures, which are possible to fix by yourself. Over here in eastern Europe people earn much less money, than in USA, so we rather fix everything possible by ourselves, than take stuff to workshops and pay huge money for someone else.

Trust me, we know how to save money. And people here are good at mechanics, just because they are poor bastards.

same in my country,i think there is way less money then in ur country
i do fix myself everything also,but whats more time consuming than it actually costs,i get new one
@Agniz WHAT THE SHIIIZZZZ?! How do you do that to a wheel?!?!

I don't like looking at all of yall posting up screwed up wheels lol, it's scaring me!

Okay anyways so finally took apart the other 3 wheels, which I doubt the neighbors weren't to happy about since it was like 8 AM and I was pounding away trying to get the faces out of the barrels. Around 10 I made a run to advanced auto, picked up more paint remover spray.. almost got the paint on stuff but the spray worked, so stuck with it. Came back, got the three faces down, sprayed like mad, went through one can. Got a lot off, flipped, sprayed, flipped, got remainder of with spray, cleaned them off, had an early lunch of.. go figure, cereal (sorry I was craving raisin bran!!!!) then for the next 4+ hours I sat (by sat I mean stood) in front of our sand blaster and just went at it.

Oh so by the way, if you can, pick up TAL II paint remover; TAL I works.. but the 2nd version works quite a bit better, it comes off in larger sheets and makes far less mess! TAL I worked just fine, it was just less fun to watch, and sometimes just crumbled the paint and it sat on the surface instead of peeling it all off in sheets and falling off the face.

Anywho.. here are some pics of today's adventure!

oh and here's the awesomesauce mess that's inside the front barrels.. I really need to get the pressure washer working, I'm not scrubbing another one of these for a few hours.

TAL I .. def not as good as TAL II! ^^^^
(TAL II is in black can; TAL I is white.. go for the black cans!!!!)
I took the only two bottles of TAL II from our store; still have one extra TAL II though.. (saved best for last and didn't get to use it lol!)

and the one I did last night:

Gonna look for this next month

-
(Dmt) DELETED by Dmt
its great that i dont have car like this, ain leaving it for a moment...
Quote from ZanZi : its great that i dont have car like this, ain leaving it for a moment...

you can live in it
Attached images
Corsa B.jpg
m3, raw pics

Love it adamlfs, assuming it is weapon spec... (c20let) Friend of mine currently has one in a Vauxhall Nova...
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG