The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Scrabby :Check my rimz y0. Yes I was to lazy to remove the fake bolts. Caaaaare

Niceeeeeee, 24karat spray paint gold i guess?

I painted my winterrims black.. I love how it looks, will look even better when lowered.

Pull up your pants!
Not me haha

Aad i am selling the borbets.... i think i want steelies next summer, 7,5J in the front instead of 9J and 9J in the back.
Painting those rims black... is the worst idea ever. Getting rid of the borbets is a good idea though.
You know me, i always have bad idea's! haha

It looks good black
Whaaaat, no man keep the borbets, atleast you have decent sizes. Don't get gay and put 7.5J at front. Lower the bitch and drive it!

Yes, the paint was very expensive at 8.87€ per bottle haha
Those A8 wheels were a 35 offset =P my guess was right. I have my regular wheel back now yay!
Quote from Scrabby :Whaaaat, no man keep the borbets, atleast you have decent sizes. Don't get gay and put 7.5J at front. Lower the bitch and drive it!

Yes, the paint was very expensive at 8.87€ per bottle haha

I do love them, but i really hate the stupid 5mm wheelspacers on the front... otherwise it doesn't clear the brake caliper. I want something which doesn't require them.

Or is it possible to shave some of the brake caliper?
I hate the spacers because it's hard to make the wheel center properly, but maybe i need some smaller plastic "centreer ringen".
Nah, I knew he had it way harder than me. Me being uberslow to him
Was really awsome
Quote from G!NhO :Niceeeeeee, 24karat spray paint gold i guess?

I painted my winterrims black.. I love how it looks, will look even better when lowered.

Have you guys seen the spray stuff that you spray on but peels off like a plastic coating (If you want it off that is..)

Plastic dip....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WS14Jnyf5Q

Much cheaper solution to refurbishing them a certain colour..
Plasti-dip group buy might be going ahead on the ukmkivs mate keep an eye out

I was thinking of getting some to put over my wheels for winter (cheaper than getting a set of winter wheels) but worried about any issues with say, bit of dirt caught under the plasti-dip surface or corrosion, or issues getting it off...

I'd want to try it on something else first like a spare bit of trim or something and see how it goes..
I lost my first "race" lol I knew I was going to lose.

Came up next to a slick old EG6 hatch, all whited out with a black aftermarket wing.

It was a super clean, but we drove next to each other for a while until we got next to a light, he was behind someone but he started to rev to get me to rev lol.. only for him to discover I don't have a speed but an NA 3.
Anyways, my buddy knows this guy with this civic; so we were going up the highway, going 65-70 or so, just said what the hell I wanted to see this civic go since it had a massive FMIC and the blow off was crazy sounding. So I drop into 3rd and just punch it, I pull ahead for like 2 seconds; you can hear his turbo spool up, and black smoke starts pouring out of his back end and he just GOOOOEEESSSS LOL!!!!!!!!
He at least hit 110 easy in only a few seconds; that civic was amazing.

makes me want boost

Alas, it's something I will never want to do since it's so damn expensive and dangerous.
Turbos are the answer.

I don't race really anymore, have nothing to prove. At the end of the day you just either win and look like a cock or lose and look like a cock.

I'll play around with people away from the lights in similar cars up to (around) the speedlimit but the last time I went racing I ended up doing 135mph up against an Audi S3. I lost but not by as much as you would imagine (I have a 1.9 TDI Golf Mk5) and was pretty much neck and neck until 90 when it started pulling ahead. Probably the most stupid thing i've done on the road.
Quote from XCNuse :
Alas, it's something I will never want to do since it's so damn expensive and dangerous.

How is it dangerous?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Probably the most stupid thing i've done on the road.

You call that stupid, i call that nothing
Quote from Bawbag :Have you guys seen the spray stuff that you spray on but peels off like a plastic coating (If you want it off that is..)

Plastic dip....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WS14Jnyf5Q

Much cheaper solution to refurbishing them a certain colour..

Holy crap that looks amazing.

My main wheels aren't brilliant (lots of kerb rash), want to get them refurbed but even £120 is still quite a lot of money.

My winter wheels look like absolute shit (but they were free). No point getting them refurbed but I'd love to.

How durable is the finish? Does it just change the colour, or does it hide some of the marks as well? Can you get lighter colours (i.e. I prefer normal silver wheels, or this at the darkest...).
Quote from Jakg :
How durable is the finish? Does it just change the colour, or does it hide some of the marks as well? Can you get lighter colours (i.e. I prefer normal silver wheels, or this at the darkest...).

To answer my questions...

Durable - seems it

Colours - for me, it's down to black or white. No grey.

Finish is matte only.

Probably will do it to my winter wheels though - just need to chose between black or white.

On a related note, some photoshops...

Standard Hairpins vs BMW Style 63's (X5 Wheels) vs Style 63's in gunmetal.
No
Since when did your MG ZT become a BMW?

First you wanted to make it look like a Subaru and now an SUV? lol
Quote from G!NhO :No

Quote from S14 DRIFT :This.

Really?

:/

This is where I got the idea from...

Quote from G!NhO :Since when did your MG ZT become a BMW?

First you wanted to make it look like a Subaru and now an SUV? lol

Why does using OEM wheels mean I want to make my car look like something it's not?

I much MUCH prefer the design of OEM alloys than of aftermarkets.
They suit the Mk4. He's someone on uk-mkivs and alot was spent on getting the wheels sitting right. However they do not suit an MG.
They look out of place on your car. IMO (taste is individual).
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG