The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Screaming Japanese Inline 4's ftw:headbang:

Hmm Mazda MX-5 with some nice enginetuning, full stripped interiour, catback exhaust system, Work Meister S1 Golden wheels, race seats and off we go!
Quote from robt :just had a phonecall from the DSA. aparently my examiner for thursday is ill so my test has been cancelled :banghead::banghead: which means i need to pay for another 10 hour block of lessons, which means i gotta wait another month to get my car on the road!!!! im not very happy!

So you've got to pay for another 10 tests because he's ill? In my opinion it should be the teacher or his employer who should pay, because they screwed up
Just thought I would share with you some pics of my latest purchase. With Current price rises in fuel - the Scoob is going to be used at weekends only.... and my daily drive will be a 1994 1300 SPi Cooper

http://i48.photobucket.com/alb ... CWiddowmaker/100_1904.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/alb ... iddowmaker/100_1897-1.jpg

Was checked out last night by a mini restorer - who was pretty scerptical at first but.... it stil has the origional sills - in excellent condition - origional wings in excellent condition, sub frames in excellent condition.

It does need anew exhaust manifold - getting a Maniflow LCB to be fitted this week.

Drives like it's on rails and I cant hear the stereo over the induction noise. I think I will be quite happy pootling back and forth to work....
wow that one looks cool, nice bucketseats, nice wheels and all
Quote from MVshaW :just got my car. was a stock berlina that i got for $3,000aud. but i got it lowered (cut springs:P) got some stockies for it, got rid of the strip around the side of the car, got the middle garnish painted white, and heavily tinted my back lights. also got a new exhaust, 2.5 inch from the cat back with no rear muffler, sounds ace.

side shot.
http://i148.photobucket.com/al ... aelvellska/DSCN0283-1.jpg

back shot.
http://i148.photobucket.com/al ... chaelvellska/DSCN0286.jpg

slammed on steelies = fail
epic fail even if you cut the springs
Quote from Osco :slammed on steelies = fail
epic fail even if you cut the springs

All of it looks like a photoshop to me
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Oh and I forget so mention that I'M 198cm tall

And 20cm wide?

Them squashed photoshopped cars are pretty cool, seen a fair few of them around.
I am going to get mad if I can't have "summer car", so I plan to liquidate all my stocks and materials to buy Porsche Boxter RS 60 Spyder. I know: Planned to buy 911 Turbo (997) some day (Or never, it is just a dream) and after all, Boxter isn't a "real Porsche".

It isn't old nostalgic car, but I lost my interest to restore old cars because it seems it is utterly pointless (After you have nearly done it, someone destroys it).

Oh, and I'll have to invest some money to rent more secure garage...
Quote from Gekkibi :I am going to get mad if I can't have "summer car", so I plan to liquidate all my stocks and materials to buy Porsche Boxter RS 60 Spyder. I know: Planned to buy 911 Turbo (997) some day (Or never, it is just a dream) and after all, Boxter isn't a "real Porsche".

It isn't old nostalgic car, but I lost my interest to restore old cars because it seems it is utterly pointless (After you have nearly done it, someone destroys it).

Oh, and I'll have to invest some money to rent more secure garage...

If I were you I wouldn't do so. After all, a car depreciates really fast, especially such a Boxster. Maybe you should consider buying a kitcar for fun, and a 'normal' car for 'normal' driving
Quote from hrtburnout :If I were you I wouldn't do so. After all, a car depreciates really fast, especially such a Boxster. Maybe you should consider buying a kitcar for fun, and a 'normal' car for 'normal' driving

I know it is a bad idea. Have to have some kind of "hobby car" (Without years of work) or I will go mad. One of my "summer hobbies" is to cruise around. Planned to do Scandinavian tour this summer (Starting from Finland, then throuh Sweden, Norway, Denmark and back to Sweden and then take a ship to Finland).

And new car is always a bad investment. However, not sure about the Boxter Spyder, because it is "limited edition", and (at least some amount) it could keep it's price. Can't afford "The Original" spyder (Price range varies, but couple of millions euros, I suppose. Not many have been manufactured. And even less are "outside of museums").

If I could find 968 in decent condition (So I won't have to restore it myself), it would always be better alternative. The price of those will climb up, so as long as I keep it in good condition, I will theoretically earn more money when I sell it (But I think I do the same thing that I planned with my 944: Keep it the rest of my life).
Quote from Gekkibi :I know it is a bad idea. Have to have some kind of "hobby car" (Without years of work) or I will go mad. One of my "summer hobbies" is to cruise around. Planned to do Scandinavian tour this summer (Starting from Finland, then throuh Sweden, Norway, Denmark and back to Sweden and then take a ship to Finland).

And new car is always a bad investment. However, not sure about the Boxter Spyder, because it is "limited edition", and (at least some amount) it could keep it's price. Can't afford "The Original" spyder (Price range varies, but couple of millions euros, I suppose. Not many have been manufactured. And even less are "outside of museums").

If I could find 968 in decent condition (So I won't have to restore it myself), it would always be better alternative. The price of those will climb up, so as long as I keep it in good condition, I will theoretically earn more money when I sell it (But I think I do the same thing that I planned with my 944: Keep it the rest of my life).

Even though the Boxster's a limited edition, it's still a Boxster. Maybe if it were a 911 it'd keep some of its value, but I don't think a Boxster is a very 'wanted' car on the used car market.

Mind you, if you do buy it, rent/buy a garage.
You don't seem like the sort of person who'd want a modern "posers" car tbh - I know it's not as bad as say... an MGF, but it's not exactly a "raw Porsche".

Go for the 968, and keep saving for a 911...

EDIT - Call me crazy but I don't see the great attraction in the 550 Spyder anyway...
Quote from Jakg :
EDIT - Call me crazy but I don't see the great attraction in the 550 Spyder anyway...

Matter of opinion. The appearance is little bit odd by nowaday standards etc, but it is "a peace of history". Besides that, it actually isn't "special".
The 959 is ok (imo) - as i'm getting older (well, relatively!) i'm finding older cars (i.e. the 993 911 and the 944) are looking more and more beautiful...
Quote from Jakg :The 959 is ok (imo) - as i'm getting older (well, relatively!) i'm finding older cars (i.e. the 993 911 and the 944) are looking more and more beautiful...

If the 911 was never beautiful for you before, you obviously never had eyes :P, as for the 959, it's actually a 911-959, as it's just a 4WD 911 with a bigger engine.

I always thought it was separate to the 911, but after realising it's just a modification to an existing 911 chassis, led me to believe most of the late 70's cars porsche we all 911's except the Volkswagen influenced 914 here :
http://www.p914.com/p914-resou ... -paint-1971-6-1510-01.jpg

Most of even the Porsches today are built on the same principle, obviously the front engined Porsches are outcasts, and always will be but I wouldn't mind a 944. And for the defense of Porsches, Rear engined cars are ownage. Especially in a straight line :}

Oh, and wtf, a 968? That's possibly the worst Porsche ever made!
Quote from BlueFlame :
Oh, and wtf, a 968? That's possibly the worst Porsche ever made!

How come? I can name many "worse" Porsches out there, but only have to say one to prove you wrong: 924.
Quote from Gekkibi :How come? I can name many "worse" Porsches out there, but only have to say one to prove you wrong: 924.

Oh, my bad 928 I was thinking of not a 968, the 928 was bad, there's nothing wrong with 924's they aren't as presigeous as other Porsches, but they are 4 cylinders so nothing can go wrong really, fuel consumpstion is good too.
For nostalgic (If you would like to restore the car) side of point, 924 is pain-in-the-ass. The chassis isn't "zinced", so if you want to find "rust-free" individual, you'll beter spend alot of time finding one (And $$$. Sure, you can buy rusty crap with 3000 eur, but the "rust-free" ones are much more expensive).
Finally, the bird is back on track, but not for long. It will switch chassis with another one since its rusting everywhere. It will have a month or so till the other one is painted, then we will start restoring/ordering and putting the parts into the new chassis. Looks like a full-time summer project
Attached images
DC080524001.jpg
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG