The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
YAY! Capri updates Looking good buddy. Have fun sorting out the electrics Who's the bit of crumpet?
wondered how long itd take you to reply, less then 5mins it seems haha. and that tis the girlfriend she likes cars n always comes down to help out when im working on it. she bought half the car for me too, shes loverrrly got my driving test on thursday, so could be on the road next month
Quote from Drift2007 :Here's my little baby
Got it for my 16th birthday

2002 MERCEDES-BENZ ML500, gasoline, AWD, 8 CYL, auto, 129613 km, Silver ext, Black int, bug screen, rock deflector, sunroof, hitch, fully loaded, stacker CD, lth int, running boards

http://i175.photobucket.com/al ... am/MyMersedes-BenzSUV.jpg

not to offend but, this is the worst MB I have ever seen (talking about the whole w163 ML range), and I have seen a lot since I have been working in a MB dealership quite some time ago. The car was actually created with American market in mind, so the results are appalling build quality, magnificent unreliability, and awful handling (I find W463 better handling wise, and it's a 40 year old construction).

I'd sell ASAP if I were you and get something better...
Considering I haven't posted in here for a while, I had to reply to a bit of Capri updates May I ask...Why the slow progress? You wanna get a shift on and get the old girl running Good luck on Thursday bud.

A little update on mine: Had her MOT'd a few weeks ago, the last MOT actually expired over a year ago and I was quite worried as quite a lot can go wrong in a year, let alone 2! But all she failed on was all 4 tires which a knew all about anyway, they were £100 for 4 part worns - Not bad for 225/45/17 and 245/40/17's! A loose rear hub (:faint but all that was, was the clips hadn't been pressed over the nut, so tighten that up then press the clips over. The front bottom ball joint was gone, so that was replaced, and a tiny bit of rust on the passenger side sill, which was fine, till Mr. MOT Man took his hammer to it (Pic 1)

Also, after the MOT, because my diff was whinning and now grinding quite badly, I managed to get another diff, which me and my mate replaced (mainly my mate as I stood around going "I can't get dirty, I have my decent clothes on...Cup of tea?") and now she drives like a dream! (see all other pics - Notice Fresh Rubber!)
Attached images
BMW Post MOT 1.jpg
BMW Post MOT 2.jpg
BMW Post MOT 3.jpg
BMW Post MOT 4.jpg
Quote from The General Lee :Considering I haven't posted in here for a while, I had to reply to a bit of Capri updates May I ask...Why the slow progress? You wanna get a shift on and get the old girl running Good luck on Thursday bud.

A little update on mine: Had her MOT'd a few weeks ago, the last MOT actually expired over a year ago and I was quite worried as quite a lot can go wrong in a year, let alone 2! But all she failed on was all 4 tires which a knew all about anyway, they were £100 for 4 part worns - Not bad for 225/45/17 and 245/40/17's! A loose rear hub (:faint but all that was, was the clips hadn't been pressed over the nut, so tighten that up then press the clips over. The front bottom ball joint was gone, so that was replaced, and a tiny bit of rust on the passenger side sill, which was fine, till Mr. MOT Man took his hammer to it (Pic 1)

Also, after the MOT, because my diff was whinning and now grinding quite badly, I managed to get another diff, which me and my mate replaced (mainly my mate as I stood around going "I can't get dirty, I have my decent clothes on...Cup of tea?") and now she drives like a dream! (see all other pics - Notice Fresh Rubber!)

Whoever is under the car on pic 2 and 3.
I can see your balls.
Quote from squidhead :not to offend but, this is the worst MB I have ever seen (talking about the whole w163 ML range), and I have seen a lot since I have been working in a MB dealership quite some time ago. The car was actually created with American market in mind, so the results are appalling build quality, magnificent unreliability, and awful handling (I find W463 better handling wise, and it's a 40 year old construction).

see im not the only mechanic saying the same thing lolo

(couple posts up)
Quote from The General Lee :Considering I haven't posted in here for a while, I had to reply to a bit of Capri updates May I ask...Why the slow progress? You wanna get a shift on and get the old girl running Good luck on Thursday bud.

wish i could get it done faster. problem is the capri is 65miles away and i have no transport and nobody to take me. And at the moment i need a 2nd person who knows ltos of technical stuff to help. so its a bit tricky to get it all sorted. ill get there soon though i hope. only the long winded bits left to do
The Capri's looking good Rob.

Good luck for next week, bet you can't wait to get on the road with the beast.
Quote from Scrabby :Whoever is under the car on pic 2 and 3.
I can see your balls.

That's not me, its my 'mechanic' mate Martin
Quote from robt :Little update on the capri, finally got the plates on it and changed the oil new 7spoke 2.8 wheels too. the earthing needs sorting out, its doin all sorts of things!
rev counter sits at 250rpm with two red warning lights abotu half brightness, press the brake pedal and one light goes out, one goes full brightness and the rev counter reads 0rpm so i gotta takes the car apart AGAIN!! heres a few updated pics.

why does it say on the fender at 2. pic: loser?
LOL! It says Laser
Quote from squidhead :not to offend but, this is the worst MB I have ever seen (talking about the whole w163 ML range), and I have seen a lot since I have been working in a MB dealership quite some time ago. The car was actually created with American market in mind, so the results are appalling build quality, magnificent unreliability, and awful handling (I find W463 better handling wise, and it's a 40 year old construction).

I got it for free, so who cares....
its actually my moms car. Now we just got out of divorce and suv went to me. We had it for like 3 years or so and never had any kind of problems. Works great in winter/summer time. I dont really see whats the problem...
Quote from e2mustang :oops lawl me=fail

LOL! yep it says laser, dont think they would get many people buying it if it was the new, amazing, fantastic CAPRI LOSER!

@ beefyman: yep, cant wait to drive it about. its a 65 mile drive from where the car is kept to the garage im getting it MOT'd at. So a nice long jurney without MOT or tax to clear out the gremlins lots of roundabouts on the way too, better check the differential works ok
Quote from Drift2007 :I got it for free, so who cares....
its actually my moms car. Now we just got out of divorce and suv went to me. We had it for like 3 years or so and never had any kind of problems. Works great in winter/summer time. I dont really see whats the problem...

Are you going to drift it?
Quote from BlueFlame :
Not exactly an External picture, but i wonder if you can guess what Model of car it is..

IT iS a AUDI dont know wat model but its an AUDI
My new bike.

1990 Kawasaki EX500
Attached images
IMG00036.jpg
IMG00037.jpg
Quote from Drift2007 :Works great in winter/summer time. I dont really see whats the problem...

the problem is, realibility is great until the first problem arrives... and then the value will drop like an elephant with a boulder tied to it's neck, dropped from a plane... (actually that would be like a rock with an elephant tied to it dropped from a plane), once it starts, it's going to go wrong on a regular basis. I'd say that even w210 (not that it's very good) is a better choice, since it's not that fragile
Here's my ride...2006 Chevy Colorado...

I've installed KW coilovers up front and new leafs and shocks in back. I also just ordered new front and rear swaybars.

Quote from Homeless_Drunk :Here's my ride...2006 Chevy Colorado...

I've installed KW coilovers up front and new leafs and shocks in back. I also just ordered new front and rear swaybars.

Lol.
typical american cars :P
My 200SX S13 (Stage 2)
Attached images
my200sx1.jpg
my200sx2.jpg
my200sx9.jpg
my200sx10.jpg
Quote from Prostreet Racer :IT iS a AUDI dont know wat model but its an AUDI

well duh its a audi.... its easy cause of the steering wheel.
just had a phonecall from the DSA. aparently my examiner for thursday is ill so my test has been cancelled :banghead::banghead: which means i need to pay for another 10 hour block of lessons, which means i gotta wait another month to get my car on the road!!!! im not very happy!
Quote from robt :just had a phonecall from the DSA. aparently my examiner for thursday is ill so my test has been cancelled :banghead::banghead: which means i need to pay for another 10 hour block of lessons, which means i gotta wait another month to get my car on the road!!!! im not very happy!

If you own a Capri, then you wouldn't be very happy anyway.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG