The online racing simulator
Quote from mrminor28 :drift is better than race anyway

AMAGAWD please say you are kidding me, PLEASE!!
What about some slower cars? Everyone's thinking bigger and faster, but what about some old, slow weapons? Would be good for banger races, learning or driving the holy sh*t out of an engine! I'm thinking perhaps old Chevies or Toyotas?

And what about a pick-up truck? They are very popular to race in real life, and would be nice if we also had a dedicated off-road track to go with it...Although we'd need better physics and damage for that to be good...

I know its been discussed here before, but would motorbikes or quads be a possibility? I know the whole engine would need to be overhauled for bikes, but it would be extremley cool!

Thats my suggestions for now...look out for more!
Quote from mrminor28 :drift is better than race anyway

For you maybe. The fact is that racing totaly outclasses drifting in terms of popularity. You can race inpractically ANY car. Well at least try to drive fast. I can do that even with my 55 bhp Punto. I can't drift with it. There are a couple of reasons - lack of power, lack of RWD and the handbrake barely grips It will work on snow but there seems to be no snowing for at least a week

Anywho, TVE you're right. Drifting community used to rock. Now, it's just some stupid kids, most of the cool, old school guys are barely playing at all. I'm happy that i left that world right before it completely went down the drain. I'm a happy racer now for a year and a half

BTW ROyBosh that's a video of how the Group N cars were cannibalized for other stuff than rallying. And rally cars have been suggested tons of times, a rally pack was said to come out. There is no word of it now though.
I would like to see "old style"
Hello everyone!

What would you think of 1967(=the year before wings were first introduced) Formula 1 cars? As seen in Grand Prix Legends.
The Sound, the look, everything! These cars have always fascinated me, if one in this style were added I believe it would greatly improve LFS.

Tell me what you think.

greetings
/moddie
Attached images
2677.jpg
2678.jpg
2679.jpg
75948379.jpg
i would definitely love to have a mid-engined 500bhp monster to compete wif FXR, XRR and FZR...
a nsx would be nice
Quote from Moddie :Hello everyone!

What would you think of 1967(=the year before wings were first introduced) Formula 1 cars? As seen in Grand Prix Legends.
The Sound, the look, everything! These cars have always fascinated me, if one in this style were added I believe it would greatly improve LFS.

Tell me what you think.

greetings
/moddie

Great 1st post, welcome to the club
+1 for that car implented in LFS, it probally would be great.
Without wings it would be hard, but fun to race wuth
Quote from foamy101 :well ive been on youtube and saw basicly all the cars in action and i would i want to see maybe some DTMs or mabey a kart.... porscha ( pardon spelling) i like moddys (sry for spelling) idea. And some muscle cars and classic cars.

moddys??? You mean mods? And buy S2, you'll get your Porshe then (FZ50). And i don't get why everybody wants those crappy muscle cars. After playing TDU they are even more horrible to me then they were before. 7 litres of polluting mayhem that can't even go 200 kph and can't take off and get to 3rd without burning out the tires. And can't stop and can't turn. I really can't see the point in chugging along LFS tracks in second at 4000 rpm (red line) and braking for the kyoto oval turn (while in second at 4k rpm).
Quote from Primoz :moddys??? You mean mods?

He meant the person who posted the post above the one you quoted.

Still strange that he doesn't check how it is written when he already knows that his spelling is wrong, though.
Here is a list of the cars I'd like to see in S3. Yes I know I wouldn't get them as a demoer, and even if I did buy the full game, I wouldn't get them anyway; but what the heck!

FR Class:
Same as now,
XFG
XRG

TBO Class:
Same as now,
RB4
FXO
XRT

Touring Car Class w/slicks:
XFR - Maybe a little more power
UFR - Ditto
an RB4 to 300 bhp --------> Put up ride height for RB4 WRC?
an FXO to 300 bhp
an XRT to 300bhp

LFR Class:
RAC
LX6
FZ5
XRT with V8?

GT2 Class:
XRR
FXR
FZR
an LX with about 400 bhp

GT1 Class:
an RAC with V8 to 600 bhp
an FZ with 600 bhp
an TZ with 600 bhp

Prototype Class 2:
Diesel and petrol - about 450 bhp

Prototype Class 1:
Diesel and petrol - about 580 bhp

Unclassified:
UF1 - same as before
A supercar - TZ - Mid engined V12 - 475 bhp?
LX4 - same as before

Formula Class:
Same as before,
MRT
FOX
FO8
BF1
Wow that's a pretty good lineup...
For me it would be kind of a worst case senario ^^'
I wouldn't mind for a GT1 and WTCC class but that's all. Diversity is so much better. Here it fells like, we take the same car with 1 or 2 hundred more Bhp... Boring

There's so many vehicule missing in the game that class filling is not really a priority, IMO at least!
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Wow that's a pretty good lineup...

Why thank you! There's only a couple of cars added in there - Its just improved versions of others.
But it has mainly GTR versions of current cars, which is gonna happen eventually (RBR, LXR, etc.) plus some cars such as prototypes and diesels, which would be cool. Also, I like the fact that it's divided into classes.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :But it has mainly GTR versions of current cars, which is gonna happen eventually (RBR, LXR, etc.) plus some cars such as prototypes and diesels, which would be cool. Also, I like the fact that it's divided into classes.

LXR's coming almost certainly but a RBR i don't beleive in it. It would be redundant with the FXR. For proto, it would be cool of course but a stand alone car would be enough. At least as long as there's vehicule missing!
J@tko the XFR is AFAIK already quite close to 300 bhp. THe UFR is much much lighetr and obviously has only 180 BHP. With 300 it would be a tire eating monster.
Quote from Primoz :J@tko the XFR is AFAIK already quite close to 300 bhp. THe UFR is much much lighetr and obviously has only 180 BHP. With 300 it would be a tire eating monster.

Is it? Oh, right. If it is, and the UFR is matched with it, then leave them as they are.
And IMO GT1s and GT2s are way too close. At the moment MoE is using restricted GTRs as GT2 and they were about 5 seconds slower per lap in South City (over a minute and a half). They are restricted to 350 i think.
Touring car class?

Yeah, bring it on Let's say 280hp 2L NA FXOs, XRTs and RB4s. Like BTC-T generally.

Quote :GT2 Class:
XRR to about 400 bhp
FXR to about 400 bhp
FZR to about 400 bhp
an LX with about 350 bhp

GT1 Class:
an LX with about 450 bhp
an RAC with V8 to 500 bhp
an FZ with 500 bhp
an TZ with 500 bhp

Nah, make that something like

GT1 Class -

Lister Storm clone GTR (Front engine, RWD)
McLaren F1 clone GTR (Mid engine, RWD)
Bugatti EB110 clone GTR (Mid engine, 4WD)
FZR Turbo GTR (Rear engine, 4WD)

All with 650 hp.

GT2 Class

Current GTR class.
Quote from Primoz :And IMO GT1s and GT2s are way too close. At the moment MoE is using restricted GTRs as GT2 and they were about 5 seconds slower per lap in South City (over a minute and a half). They are restricted to 350 i think.

Quote from Primoz :J@tko the XFR is AFAIK already quite close to 300 bhp. THe UFR is much much lighetr and obviously has only 180 BHP. With 300 it would be a tire eating monster.

Quote from duke_toaster :Touring car class? Yeah, bring it on
GT1 Class -

Lister Storm clone GTR (Front engine, RWD)
McLaren F1 clone GTR (Mid engine, RWD)
Bugatti EB110 clone GTR (Mid engine, 4WD)
FZR Turbo GTR (Rear engine, 4WD)

All with 650 hp.

GT2 Class

Current GTR class.

Thanks for your suggestions - I've updated my original post!

P.s XFR has 220 bhp, so maybe a little more needed?
having just watched top gear what we need is

MOTORHOMES !!!!!
Quote from tinvek :having just watched top gear what we need is

MOTORHOMES !!!!!

lol complete with a James May racing driver skin and all!
Hello!
Thanks for your feedback guys and girls (if there are any).

I don't know if anything gets through the general chaos of suggestions. I hope i am not being selfish to say this, but I really need those cars, i've been addicted to them sice i first laid eyes on them in GPL that of course was on a mere pentium mmx 200MHz, when i was about ten. But being able to drive them again and in my favourite sim sounds like a dream.

Would there be any support for opening an extra topic for this? But then of course everyone would want one.

I really appreciate the the work "SCAVIER" is doing for us and hope they keep the good stuff coming.

greetings
/moddie
Quote from J@tko :Thanks for your suggestions - I've updated my original post!

P.s XFR has 220 bhp, so maybe a little more needed?

Just 220? Hm... Still enough i think. THe two buggers are tire eaters with 200ish BHP anyway. Maybe lift it up to 250ish in case an RWD competitor comes along.
Maybe it could compete with the XRG/XFG. I'd prefer the S2000 though
Quote from T5T :A naturally aspirated car like a Honda S800 would totally rock, those things have a huge power to weight ratio, especially when considering it's age

drove one years ago, not the fastest thing but for its time pretty amazing and hugely enjoyable to drive

Cars we wanna see in S3
(4457 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG