The online racing simulator
I would like to see some V8.
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
#2 - Chaos
Quote from Vain :I wouldn't like to see new cars, but I'd like to see the different cars in each class (for example RB4 and XRT) more equal in performance.
Every car should still have it's small advantage, but in a league over all tracks they should be quite equal.
That way we wouldn't always race with a complete field of the same cars, but have a mixture of the cars in one class. The only class where this is already possible is the FZR-class.

Vain

This is very, very hard to do. I would say almost impossible. It pretty much depends on the choice of tracks in the league. Should the tracks be fast with sweeping corners then one car would have the advantage over another car which is good on slow and twisty tracks. There is one way - to have different car bodies (like skins).
You say that we have this in the GTR class. I don't agree... The FXR can't compete with the other two... The only class where I see this is the LX6 / RAC / FZ50 and only on some tracks...
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
I guess the "What kind of racing would you like to see added to LFS"-thread would do the same as this thread, but, oh well:

- KARTS!! ffs... I'd be happy for S3 if only car added would be go-kart.
- LX8. Not a fan of LX's, but couldn't hurt.
- Rallycars. And also rallystages.
- Formula 1. Why not? would make the FO8 rebundant, tho.
- RBR. RB4s GTR. Would kick ass.
#4 - X-Ter
I think the GTR car are pretty balanced for longer races. In sprint races, there is no doubt that the FZR is the fastest, but for longer races, when fuel economy and tire ware come into play, that advantage is gone.
I bet that the same goes for the Turbo class cars (even if I haven't tested it myself) and for other car groups as well.
Problem is that not to many seem to like endurance races.

Back on topic, I'd like to see more GT type cars. I'm such a sucker for FIA-GT, ALMS and Super GT that I almost never can get enough of that kind of racing. So give me GT cars in two classes equal to real lifes GT1 and GT2 (GT500 and GT300) and maybe top it off with some super touring cars like WTCC, and I'll never touch another sim again
I said it in another thread, American V8's. More specifically just a Mustang/Camaro V8 hybrid that can compete in the GTR class. 400 some odd horsepower, torque can be their advantage, rpm redline can be their disadvantage (though not sure anymore what v8's rev too, unlike the muscle car era).

I'll second the AC Cobra. This car is a must in any racing sim!!! It is almost everyone's dream car.

This has been said before, late 60's early 70's era American Muscle cars. Mustangs, Camaro's, Baracudas, Trans Ams, Chargers, etc.
I'd get your flame proof trousers on mate, lots of these S3 threads been going on for months now....

The replies are pretty much always the same too - Karts, Trucks, 4x4s, Pickups, Monster Trucks.......
A F-body wouldnt be bad but the 4th gen WS6 would even better (LS1'like power, 1LE Suspension Package, the window motors wouldnt burn out (lol for the people that own or owned one).
#8 - nism0
I want to see more sedans..
Like a 4 door FXO, but RWD!
Minivans of course..
I would definitely like to see some Cobra style cars -- roadsters. Those are very cool V8 cars, and loud .

Muscle cars would be nice too, steering some big/heavy monsters with loads of power would be fun .

-Go-Karts
-Some sort of truck(s)
-Other variants of racing cars (especially LeMans style prototypes or GT cars).

Most of these cars would of course need special tracks to suit them . Hmm maybe a looooong track for the fast cars, and another city style track for the muscle cars
Quote from DodgeRacer :Minivans of course..

Hehehe, that said, it reminds me of a video I had at one time of a race between a minivan, some Mercedes, and an F1 car. Can't remember the track, may have been Nurburgring or how ever you say it. The minivan started 1st and ran around the course. Then they showed the Mercedes driver getting geared up. About half way for the minivan, the Mercedes took off. Cut back to the F1 driver and he's eating a hot dog. They show some more cornering of the minivan and Mercedes, and the F1 guy's sitting on the side of the track reading a magazine. They kept cutting back and forth like this showing the minivan and Mercedes and the F1 guy just messing around. Finally, the F1 car takes off when the Mercedes caught the back of the minivan about 4/5ths around the track. By the 2nd to last corner, the Mercedes took the lead, but lost it on the last turn to F1. Funny vid. I wish I still had it or knew where it was.
I want a car that can do this.. :hyper:

There we go!

Yes, stadium or baja tracks indeed would be SWEET!!. Maybe a small little sand buggy with nice suspension
Quote from mrodgers :Hehehe, that said, it reminds me of a video I had at one time of a race between a minivan, some Mercedes, and an F1 car. Can't remember the track, may have been Nurburgring or how ever you say it. The minivan started 1st and ran around the course. Then they showed the Mercedes driver getting geared up. About half way for the minivan, the Mercedes took off. Cut back to the F1 driver and he's eating a hot dog. They show some more cornering of the minivan and Mercedes, and the F1 guy's sitting on the side of the track reading a magazine. They kept cutting back and forth like this showing the minivan and Mercedes and the F1 guy just messing around. Finally, the F1 car takes off when the Mercedes caught the back of the minivan about 4/5ths around the track. By the 2nd to last corner, the Mercedes took the lead, but lost it on the last turn to F1. Funny vid. I wish I still had it or knew where it was.

that was silverstone in england. the f1 car is a mclaren driven by david coulthard. it's an impressive display of the difference that downforce makes (as well as ridiculous power)

speedfreak227
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
I'd like to see more of the different classes on road and oval racing...
I'd like to see A1GP or Champcar, F1, LMPs, Go-karts (including proper tracks), NASCAR, pickup trucks, Rally cars (including stages), DTM, and anything else the devs come up with.
I for one would love to see a GT1 type class, i.e. closed-wheel, tintop, but full-blown racing cars.

With those, we could also have cool multi-class races with the existing big GTRs.
Quote from bobvanvliet :I for one would love to see a GT1 type class, i.e. closed-wheel, tintop, but full-blown racing cars.

http://www.bona.it/img/car%20bentley.JPG
http://www.porschecars.wz.cz/P ... Historie/1998_GT1-98m.jpg

With those, we could also have cool multi-class races with the existing big GTRs.

I think the GTR class in LFS is the most exciting group to run races. I'd like to see some more exotic GTRs like the one above. A GTR on steroids with wider tires, mid engine, and a meaner engine.
I wanna see in S3 BMW M3. Full copy of simple stock car
Quote from Tweaker :There we go!

Yes, stadium or baja tracks indeed would be SWEET!!. Maybe a small little sand buggy with nice suspension

Yep, a class 1 buggy would be brill - Anything with lots of power, and extreme offroad ability would make me happy.

Tarmac racing gets kinda boring after a while imo, i need something to satisfy the dirty side of me..
a track with rock climbing and dirt hills and a truck that can mash :-P maybe a hummer, or a buggy as above mentioned....

a AWD DSM/ AWD scoobie and a rotary rx7/8 would be sweet too

of course a ae86
I would like to see 4 door saloon cars. 4 stroke combustion and v8's so you have a variation,e.g. wtcc/btcc and v8 supercars and have both fwd and rwd drivetrains. Also prototype cars like le mans, toyota GT one etc....NICE!
Quote from Revzalot :I think the GTR class in LFS is the most exciting group to run races. I'd like to see some more exotic GTRs like the one above. A GTR on steroids with wider tires, mid engine, and a meaner engine.

I absolutely second that. Either GT1 style of the late 90s, Group C of the 80s or sports prototypes of the 69-71 era. Imagine having a field of 40 cars (okay, we'd need client increase as well) and running a 24h race at Aston GP or Kyoto GP Long with 20 prototypes and 20 GTR cars. Oh, heaven.
A Lotus Elise/Exige type car. A big v8 musclecar, a modern american v8 car like the Z06 corvette/Dodge Viper (Yes I know its a v10). Hey american cars aren't bad guys, the Z06 is the second fastest production car to lap the ring.
Yep, american cars are just fine. Its just fords that suck.
A Noble M400 or something similar looking/handling. Some Rally cars or more 4x4 drive type cars. Something a bit better than the Formula V8 like an F1 car, with DECENT SOUNDS!

Cars we wanna see in S3
(4457 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG