The online racing simulator
Well, but they haven't said they show us ALL of the features. Just one feature each day towards the release.
Who says they will show all the features in this day by day thing?

And today: the new Aston grass texture.
Day 3: the new Visor Strip
Day 4: the new people in the grand stands at Aston
Day 5: the new Aston configs
Day 5463: 3 moved verticies on the LX6 model
Well only thing that I have to complain (shame on me) is that the tyre brandmark is Cromo Tyres. Now normally you don't see GoodYear Tyres or Bridgestone Tyres on the rims, rather then GoodYear Eagle or Bridgestone Potenza.
No there are tire brands that say "Tyres/Tires" on them.....

Avon Tyres
Hankook Tires
TOYO Tires

Some other ones I've seen, just cannot remember. But yes, it isn't common, still not incorrect how Eric or whoever wants to make them look
Quote from Verners :He didnt mean that.
As i understood, he ment, if the pach is released in a few days, they have only a few features in the patch, but if they have meny new features, then they need meany days to show a feature per day....

Hey warper, its a pretty deep idea you know, thats if i understood you correctly....

You got it
Quote from Tweaker :No there are tire brands that say "Tyres/Tires" on them.....

Avon Tyres
Hankook Tires
TOYO Tires

Some other ones I've seen, just cannot remember. But yes, it isn't common, still not incorrect how Eric or whoever wants to make them look

Ok, I stand corrected
Quote from LRB_Aly :Ok, I stand corrected

So rarely are people decent enough to say that! Kudos

Can't wait for the next update!
Well he has a good point. Even those brands I mentioned would normally have something like TOYO Vimode, with Toyo on one side, and Vimode on the other or something.
Agreed, is bit weird that tyres have TYRES written on them. Otherwise nice feature of course. I think I will use Evostar!
Well we'll be able to create our own sidewall's i imagine, it'll no doubt be just a dds texture.
Quote from L(Oo)ney :Well we'll be able to create our own sidewall's i imagine, it'll no doubt be just a dds texture.

maybe...
I have one question, and please be gentle on me if it has been answered because I did search, but does this "patch" take S2 Alpha up to S2 Beta, or S2 Final?? I guess it doesn't really matter.

To be honest, I consider this patch more important to LFS as a whole than what S2 Alpha was to S1. Considering the release of that "other" game (its not refined enough to call it a simulation yet), if this patch takes LFS to the next level that we all expect, then Live For Speed will re-affirm its position as the premiere racing simulation on the market.

Oh yeah......thank you Scawen, Victor, and Eric.
Quote from banshee56 :I have one question, and please be gentle on me if it has been answered because I did search, but does this "patch" take S2 Alpha up to S2 Beta, or S2 Final?? I guess it doesn't really matter.

To me the name doesn't matter, but the actual quality, features etc. Like it has been with LFS, things are being constantly improved (although the pace might vary).
I guess my curiosity comes from the fact that a lot of people made a big deal about S2 being Alpha, even though it felt a lot more polished then an "alpha" tag would suggest. It doesn't really matter as the devs seem to create patches in a timely manner when something doesn't work. To me, the forthcoming update is more of an enhancement of already working features and addition of others, rather than a "patch" to fix real problems that keep the program from working.
Too bad i've just broken my bloody arm :mad: !
Just a note about BETA / ALPHA.

LFS must be called ALPHA while there are blatantly unfinished things. Such as : AI drivers can't pit. F11 and F12 don't work in single player. These have still not been fixed, because there were more important and more interesting things to be done for this patch.

BETA has a clear definition : The software is 100% finished, and is in final testing before release. So... in Beta stage, only very minor changes and bug fixes can be made. Beta is a shorter stage of development, unless the developer seriously underestimated how complete the software was.

So... the next patch is still Alpha, just a better Alpha than you have at the moment, and with some new features and improvements, which I am sure you will like.
YES!!! Let The ALPHA Goodness/Maddness Continue!!!

But no really, thanks again for the updates! Can't wait to see whats next!
I guess people are just more used to the corporate style of beta, release, patch, patch, go and make a new game, leaving the old one still buggy....
Grrrreaaaaaat, more and more updates!

S2 final will be almost a complete game!
Quote from Scawen :F11 and F12 don't work in single player. These have still not been fixed, because there were more important and more interesting things to be done for this patch.

I supposed F11 and F12 would never work in single player, I thought it was planned as it is
:lovies: None of that nK BS!
Quote from DeXteRrBDN :I supposed F11 and F12 would never work in single player, I thought it was planned as it is

lol, me too
nice to hear scawen...
<-- programming lingo n00b

I think the two main things that everyone wants to see improved is the high-nose bug and the tire physics. According to the last small progress report, Scawen mentioned that the aero bug has been corrected and the tire physics have been improved a lot based on what was posted on www.liveforspeed.net:

Quote : A recent push on tyre physics has resulted in much better tyres which have improved the car handling and driving experience a lot.

If those improvements still leave LFS S2 in ALPHA stage (programming not yet 100%), then we seem to be in store for even more great things!!!

Thanks for the clarification Scawen!
Different tire characteristics per manufacturer would be really cool...
What time was yesterday's LFS.net update? Gotta get ready in 'checking mode'.
This thread is closed

LFS.net has an update!!!
(2159 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG