The online racing simulator
that tight section included in cadet, national...and some other config i think..tho i think i might be missing the joke here
Hope those new sidewalls make 'em nice and sticky
Quote from Dethred :See what a little healthy competition can bring about? While I'm not overwhelmed at graphics on the tire sidewall, it is nice to see they are stepping up their game since the new kid (Netkar Pro) arrived to mix things up.

Yeah, on a negative note, it's a shame it's obviously taken the release of nkp to prompt the devs into actually releasing any kind of information, especially a tease like this - otherwise, I can't help but wonder if we'd all still be in the dark as to where the good 'ole LFS is headed.

On the plus side, it has happened so that's that, and I look forward to seeing the steps this product has taken over the past six months to keep it ahead of the new competition.
To be honest, I don't have any more expectations than some bug fixin (obvious) and a few other news. Anything else will just blow my mind, and this thread have set my fuse on fire :-D
its the highres version, i have it too, we got the low resolution ones when S2 was released, but i kept the high res ones when we got the CMX viewer

@hyperactive, thats the "new" aston
after further analysis,......... thats the pits! those people.. are sitting on the pits.. how strange, its taken from that weird chicane thing on aston cadet, its the 2nd sharp U turn
@tai

i noticed that too, it looks extremely messed up, looks like the wheels are being held by strings pretty much

@dibblah.. you used the wrong skin too lol
they do look kinda skinny.

The bars do look a significantly thinner. Compare the two sets against their mountings on the car. Unfortunately it appears the bottom pair is still hanging off the air. Can anyone check for changes to the FXR model? Hmm, does the skin look like it could be more than 1024x768?
I must say the crowd now looks much much better, they're awesome!

I wonder if they're animated... lol
Sweet update news

The tyre wall graphic is something I had never really thought of, but is such a great addition
Quote from STROBE :Yeah, on a negative note, it's a shame it's obviously taken the release of nkp to prompt the devs into actually releasing any kind of information

i can garantee u , its been delayed not anticipated. in near future , you will understand.
there is no link whatsoever to the release of nkp. coincidently it even looks respectful to start the tease only after. nkp release date has been long known. it has a few days to live...
Wondering:
Why are the tire sidewalls textures not as good as nKPro's? I mean if there's one thing that is good in nKp, it's definitely the tire textures. I believe LFS could/should do as good.

Helmet visor sunstrip or new helmet model?

Why aren't there bolts on wheels (still) if there are hoodpins on the GTRs and bolts on the wings of the FO8?
yes nkPro does have some nice looking tyres even if they are a bit too shiney.

I like the thinner suspension i think it looks good.
Im only interested in the tyre physics update, all esle is just unnecessary stuff as long as we have better tyre physics.

Hey guys, wasnt it so a few years back that they made an Easter ubdate? Or was that xmas??? Anyway, my bet for the patch date is easter monday, they cant have so much new features to show us untill end of april, can they?
Quote from Verners :...
Anyway, my bet for the patch date is easter monday, they cant have so much new features to show us untill end of april, can they?

That is just a question of the level of details.. but this first update was really 3 updates (as far as I can count )
Quote from Nick_ll :Wondering:
Why are the tire sidewalls textures not as good as nKPro's? I mean if there's one thing that is good in nKp, it's definitely the tire textures. I believe LFS could/should do as good.

Helmet visor sunstrip or new helmet model?

Why aren't there bolts on wheels (still) if there are hoodpins on the GTRs and bolts on the wings of the FO8?

I can't remember the details, but it has something to do with LFS's deformable tire model, being a vector model instead of usual polygon models.
The details is that the wheels in LFS are generated on the fly (I think using a spline and a cross-segment) instead of modeled , and that it is that way because the tires are generated on the fly.
So what I'm asking for basically is for the wheels to be modeled. You really don't want the wheels to deform, never, so I believe they don't need to be generated on the fly. The tires do, but not the wheels. So basically, the wheels can be modeled, which would probably look better anyways. That way they could look better, have bolts, be textured....and I'm sure there are other benefits.
Well then I always wonder about the missing door handles as well, if there's a serious answer to that question I'll say it's a sort of refinement that come quite low in the dev's list of priority.

me wants alpha layer for car skin as well.
Quote from MyBoss :To be honest, I don't have any more expectations than some bug fixin (obvious) and a few other news. Anything else will just blow my mind, and this thread have set my fuse on fire :-D

Dunno, hey... I've been "hearing things"
Still don't know what the surprise is and the beta testers are making quite a big deal of the patch so my expectations are high.
Beta Stage maybe?? :hyper:
Quote from DeXteRrBDN :Beta Stage maybe?? :hyper:

Who cares about that? The label doesn't matter as long as the features are in. They can rename it to LFS S2 0.2 Pre-Alpha for all I care.
yeah, Netkar doesn't say Alpha stage on it's website but look what happened. (opps)
wheeeeehoooooooow

That's so f..... great!!! xD

Also it's a very clever move since many people are disappointed of nKp and we now SEE that our gods are not sleeping and working

Yehay Looking forward when the tyre company also effects the quality of the tyre

Also it's only a small shot, you might think "ok, what do i care? text on my tyres... wayne?"..

BUT, i think if the devs also have been able to implement such small improvements besides the promised physics update, this patch will be a real goodie
This thread is closed

LFS.net has an update!!!
(2159 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG