The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from The General Lee :Took some more snaps of my Beemer parked up against my mates 316.
It makes me realise how lucky I am to have mine, considering my is 22, his has half the "toys" mine does, its older, is in worse condition and has less torque

I have dug out my old drivers headlight, just need to find a passenger side one now as the whole reason I replaced them with my horrible angels was because the passengers side headlight had a stone chip in it and the bloke advertised them wrong...

Anyways, pictures...Mine is the red one, the one that needs a clean the most

Pic 3 was actually taken with me laid on the floor with my mate laughing and all the cars looking at me funny

I know its been mentioned before but why does your car have german plates with an english registration number on them?
Quote from JO53PHS :I know its been mentioned before but why does your car have german plates with an english registration number on them?

Because it looks cool

If I were your friend, I'd find me some other front indicators. They completely don't match his dark style front lights. He should have taken dark indicators to match, now they look very out of place
He bought it like that, but he likes them.
He wants my headlights too
I have smoked indicators in the garage, I just need to find another passenger headlight.

Smoked indicators with OEM headlights look the nuts

Quote from JO53PHS :I know its been mentioned before but why does your car have german plates with an english registration number on them?

Because the car is German...& they look cool
Quote from The General Lee :He bought it like that, but he likes them.
I have smoked indicators in the garage, I just need to find another passenger headlight.

Smoked indicators with OEM headlights look the nuts

Why don't you just swap..?
Quote from The General Lee :Yeeeees, they do.

I'll happily rip them out again just to prove you wrong.

How did you get into the boot with the wires if you didn't remove the rear seats?

My headlights cost £250. - Not home made...

I hate them.

I have found a set of CCFL's to go inside of the Bosch headlights. Thanks for your negativity though.

no they don't or did u look at the Haynes manual?

u can do it without u just need to remove the bottom half of the seat and push!

then run the power wire on the right hand seal up to the battery and the audio cables on the left to the head deck

if you run them together if its a good system it can make the sound crappy and sometimes stop the sub working all together.

you can run the remote cable with the audio as theres no power running thought it really

no reason why is because the power lead has a electrostatic feild around it and when sound goes though the audio cable it messes up the sound pattern or something lol, cant remember the full reason but i learned it when working at motor world at the training place, not like halfwords they teach us how to set up sound systems properly, them stupid audio rigs don't come built u know!
We didn't have a Haynes Manual to hand. I won't discuss the best way to get wires into the boot of a car. You may be right, I may be right, but if I am honest, I'm not exactly worried. Its all fitted, its all working, it all sounds great. If I did it the long way, then I guess it sucks to be me.
thats the sprit what sort of sub and whats did u get as them boots are quite sound proof lol with the sealing ability that it has
It's a JL Audio 12" seen in this picture

I was a little worried about how it would sound considering about 85% of the car is sound proofing and the fact its in a "steel enclosure" rather than like in a hatch back. But the sound is very very impressive. Very pleased
have u put something behind ur numberplate? as them plastic things rattle well on them cars the setup that i did for my mate made the whole car rattle and the lights dim lol

4 jl 12's and 1 mtx 15' and he refused to get a power cap

i had a jl setup in my astra prob the best sounding ive had.

but the money i spent well it had to lol

the components were 1520pounds and the subs cost 2000 polk audio 10's x5 and it was powerful enough and great i loved it when it rained used to make the water bounce on my sunroof lol

then the car got stolen
Quote from The General Lee :

AHEM! i thought they were coming to me for free in exchange for a go in the capri

which reminds me, going up to the capri in 2 weeks, gonna give it a clean and get some pics for you guys
Sorry Robt - But I have replaced my headlights and my mate has them. They wouldn't fit a Capri anyway

Pic 1 - OEM headlight and clean indicators fitted.
Pic 2 - My new decal - May only be a 1.6 but Quattros are still for sissies!
Pic 3 - Picture of the back of my dirty car, notice the decal.
Attached images
BMW Headlights 1.jpg
BMW New 10.jpg
BMW New 13.jpg
That wing on the back is in serious need of a surgical lifting.

And I still think those clear indicators don't fit the OEM lights.
Well this is my Skyline GT-R fully modded :P
1991 Chevy Cavalier Z24, Think its worth turning into a sleeper??
Attached images
SSPX0026.jpg
Quote from Tibble :Well this is my Skyline GT-R fully modded :P

The crapier the car, the more reason to turn it into a sleeper... So yours is perfect

Just kidding eh
My car:
Ford Focus '99
1.6lt ~150hp

Attached images
26052007312.jpg
Quote from sgt.flippy :That wing on the back is in serious need of a surgical lifting.

Its a replica, and is saggier than a roof tilers nail bag because its a replica.

Quote from sgt.flippy : And I still think those clear indicators don't fit the OEM lights.

They don't, but its better that amber.

I will get some smoked ones as they suit the headlights more. Once I get some money of course.
Quote from lucifer_greece :My car:
Ford Focus '99
1.6lt ~150hp

Nice Focus, I'm a member of FordClub.be ;-)

Quote from The General Lee :Its a replica, and is saggier than a roof tilers nail bag because its a replica.

I know, but in that last pic it looked even more painful then the previous ones
It doesn't actually look THAT bad IRL. Everyone I have said "look at my saggier spoiler" they have all tried to convince me its meant to be like that. "No, I do know what I'm talking about thank you"
Quote from The General Lee :It doesn't actually look THAT bad IRL. Everyone I have said "look at my saggier spoiler" they have all tried to convince me its meant to be like that. "No, I do know what I'm talking about thank you"

TBH It looks like some fat man went and sat on your spoiler
Quote from The General Lee :Sorry Robt - But I have replaced my headlights and my mate has them. They wouldn't fit a Capri anyway

Pic 1 - OEM headlight and clean indicators fitted.
Pic 2 - My new decal - May only be a 1.6 but Quattros are still for sissies!
Pic 3 - Picture of the back of my dirty car, notice the decal.

The headlights look _loads_ better

Tbh, the others IMO, would have looked better if the rear mouldings had been much the same as the OEMs, it was the "strange" contours that made them look "cheap" to me, made worse being chromed (ie: the shapes stood out even more).

Agreed that smoked indicator lenses would match the black headlight mouldings more.. they look a little too clean now

Is the front valance standard? or is it a 318is unit? (I'm no BMW expert).

Regards,

Ian
Thanks mate - Glad those negative comments were turned into some positive ones and I agree with you 100%

The front valance is standard bud.
Quote from lucifer_greece :Thanks! Have you posted your car?

Yea, it should be here somewhere.

It's just an old Fiesta MK4 diesel. Nothing special at all, but I'm a big Ford fan

Quote from The General Lee :Thanks mate - Glad those negative comments were turned into some positive ones and I agree with you 100%

The front valance is standard bud.

And the moral of the story is:

Thou shalt not purchase thy BMW with thy strange rear spoiler
Quote from Tibble :

It already looks like a slipper... what else can you wish of?
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG