The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from nisskid :thanks man, car is about to have quite a bit of work done to it, should be a clip up of the drift praccy next weekend, and then the DSC competition (national comp) a few weeks later.

Ok, how did you broke the wheel? Not of the tirepile was it?
Quote from theirishnoob :theirs also a saying: " just because you seen a movie doesn't mean you can drift " as the video you posted demonstrates... Get profession lessons for the theory you learn from it alone is worth its weight in gold

lol, thanks, but not everyone discovered drift through hollywood like urself.

if u think for a second the guys competing at the highest level arent still crashing then ur deluded, even then a lot of the reason why they dont crash as much is because they are driving for sponsors in a sponsors car, it becomes purely about consistancy and keeping a good looking car. if you look at the more grass roots side of drift, most of the cars are dinged up pigs because they never stop pushing the limits. they are the guys defining what is possible, as they dont have to worry about keeping a clean car and an image for sponsors, and quite frankly they couldnt give a shit what the car looks like.

the day that u sit back and say "oh im happy with my level of driving" is the day u get bored shitless and leave the sport, there's no way to know where ur limits are without finding them first
Quote from Scrabby :Ok, how did you broke the wheel? Not of the tirepile was it?

which wheel is that? the tyres knocked my steering out of alignment and possibly bent some steering (yet to find out). but the wheels are still fine.
oh, thought I saw a broken wheel lol
Quote from theirishnoob :theirs also a saying: " just because you seen a movie doesn't mean you can drift " as the video you posted demonstrates... Get profession lessons for the theory you learn from it alone is worth its weight in gold

You should really think before posting and do some research. :doh:
Quote from nisskid :dont have a lot recent of it besides stuff on the track, here are a few on the track:
http://i79.photobucket.com/alb ... 1/nisskid/Drift/w11-1.jpg
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j121/nisskid/Drift/89.jpg
http://i79.photobucket.com/alb ... isskid/Drift/DSC_1925.jpg

and some old pics of when it was clean:
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j121/nisskid/DSCN12942.jpg
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j121/nisskid/DSCN12922.jpg
http://i79.photobucket.com/alb ... kid/My%20Car/100_5162.jpg

and another one of it now:
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j121/nisskid/DSCF5355.jpg

Nice R32 bro Ive been watching your videos from when you start and your getting really good Good too see a R32 being used

im getting into proper drifting this year (not the streets lolz) and start qualifying for D1NZ

I have a 1991 R32 with a RB30block with a 25 head. but the turbo shat itself and i kinda did some other damage so I now have a Rb25det S2 out of a r33 3 point cage and plenty of other bits and bobs just need to get a cert and ill be sweet

I also have a 1990 R32 GTS Rb20de

which Is my NA project this is my main focus right now here Is a vid of the exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... &feature=channel_page
Quote from R34king :Nice R32 bro Ive been watching your videos from when you start and your getting really good Good too see a R32 being used

im getting into proper drifting this year (not the streets lolz) and start qualifying for D1NZ

I have a 1991 R32 with a RB30block with a 25 head. but the turbo shat itself and i kinda did some other damage so I now have a Rb25det S2 out of a r33 3 point cage and plenty of other bits and bobs just need to get a cert and ill be sweet

I also have a 1990 R32 GTS Rb20de

which Is my NA project this is my main focus right now here Is a vid of the exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... &feature=channel_page

nice man, yeh RB30 hybrid is the plan for mine as well, just waiting til i blow the RB20. i personally dont have any desire for any more power, my enjoyment comes from chucking the car around rather than smoking the tyres mid corner. but to be competitive u really need the power, which is dissapointing, but a fact of life. id like to keep the RB20 as long as possible and keep on devloping a good technique, i know as soon as i go to the RB30 my technique will start getting more lazy due to the extra power. i love having to fight the car, and not having it all come easy.

so thats resulted in basically all my money going into suspension, i just recently bought some 2nd hand rear R32 GTR bilstein B6's for $50, got them rebuilt and revalved to the specs i wanted, bought some GTR hubs (alloy instead of steel) and LCA's, and ready to put it all in for next practice, cant wait to try them out.

wouldnt mind going over to NZ, u guys seem like uve got a fairly decent drift scene, i guess it helps not having gay aussie import laws for imports haha
So finding the limits is part of drifting..

I thought that would be the actual art in it, going towards the limit but don't cross it. I think it's kinda easy to say crashing equals "searching for the limits".

If a racer goes around a track and goes out, he's not saying: "oh I was pushing to the limits, I crossed it, but that means I'm a good driver!".
That's the point however.

I was at a racing training once with an MX-5. It's easy to drive as fast that you actually reach the limits of a car. But you haven't learned anything until you cross the limits. It was when i went past the limits of my car and spun out in a chicane at about 120km/h. It's the point where you notice that you had no idea how that would feel before. Because it's something that doesn't happen to you on public roads (hopefully). And it's when it happens to you a few times, when you start to understand the handling/reactions/dynamics/physics of your car, and how to react to them to keep it on the track.

Unless you go over the limits (which doesn't have to mean that you crash the car), you won't learn much. Fact.
Quote from sgt.flippy :So finding the limits is part of drifting..

I thought that would be the actual art in it, going towards the limit but don't cross it. I think it's kinda easy to say crashing equals "searching for the limits".

If a racer goes around a track and goes out, he's not saying: "oh I was pushing to the limits, I crossed it, but that means I'm a good driver!".

if popping my rear 1/4 panel is worth 2hrs of pushing it to the limit, its worth every moment.

racing and drifting are 2 completely different sports, to compare the 2 in that scenario is stupid.
Quote from nisskid :if popping my rear 1/4 panel is worth 2hrs of pushing it to the limit, its worth every moment.

racing and drifting are 2 completely different sports, to compare the 2 in that scenario is stupid.

What's different in the scenario?

All it makes me think is, that racers have more respect for their cars than drifters, they don't care about how their car looks and if they bump.
Subaru Impreza RS 2.5L 2003 model, basically a non turbo WRX inside and out other then the bonnet scoop, handles awesome too, i cbf getting pics lol.
Quote from Mustafur :, i cbf getting pics lol.

Yea because the poinnt of this thread isn't to show pictures of your car.
Refer to my avatar then..
Quote from sgt.flippy :What's different in the scenario?

All it makes me think is, that racers have more respect for their cars than drifters, they don't care about how their car looks and if they bump.

They do have respect for their cars..else they wouldn't fix them up after each trackday and spent so much time building up their cars for track/drifting!. And if u think of getting no damage or don't wanna have damage u can allready quit..it's part of motorsport
Quote from sgt.flippy :

I've seen plenty of beaten up time attack cars?

It all depends on budget.

Some people keep there drift cars clean(Usually sponsored), others (Privateer) scrape by on the bare minimum. If bashing out a guard with a hammer means you get enough cash to get to the next event, Why not?

Its the same as time attack cars...
It really comes down to the persons budget on if they can afford to fix all panels everytime they crash
Quote from DHRammstein :I just picked up one of these... "Ford GT pic"

...For anyone familiar with the Geiger Ford GT, which I'm obsessed with, it has the most badass wheels available for the Ford GT. Very rare, I've ordered them along with tires, so my car will look EXACTLY like this in about a month>>>

Here's a nice view and 1/8 mile run of the Geiger, this will give a better view of what my GT will look like, it will be identical. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4WJGQhFYhI...

Not a fan of the rims, but to each their own, and the car is SICK! Congrats on being able to get, and at age 28!!! Like everybody else, I'm jealous, LOL. Not sure who the heck races in a spot like that vid though, (completely unsafe for all involved), or why you'd even bother with the 8th in a car like that, but yea, not the subject..
Quote from sgt.flippy :What's different in the scenario?

they have respect for the mechanics, just not for the cosmetics.

ultimately ur drifting/racing, not entering autosalon, so who gives a ****?

i do both grip and drift, the issue is when drifting im throwing my car sideways at a stack of tyres, if im a bit out im gonna hit shit, whereas when im just doing a bit of time attack, i might push a bit hard and run deep and lose a bit of time, or get a bit of oversteer, but ill be fine. im not saying TA is safe by any means, but its hardly on the same level as drift when it comes to that.
Quote from jibber :Unless you go over the limits (which doesn't have to mean that you crash the car), you won't learn much. Fact.

Agreed! A lot of people think you need to spin out to really have gone past the limits... I've autox'd for three years and got to the stage where I've won a national championship, but I've actually never spun during an autocross. But have I gone past the limits a bunch... hell yes! Just usually enough that you lose your line or hit a cone or get the back out too far and lose some speed. Not actually spinning or crashing...
Quote from Michael Denham :Agreed! A lot of people think you need to spin out to really have gone past the limits... I've autox'd for three years and got to the stage where I've won a national championship, but I've actually never spun during an autocross. But have I gone past the limits a bunch... hell yes! Just usually enough that you lose your line or hit a cone or get the back out too far and lose some speed. Not actually spinning or crashing...

drift and race are different, simple.

for instance, racers dont do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsTBEXlu_Fg

oh btw, did i mention they throw their car sideways within inches of walls at over 100k's, side by side with 2 or more other cars within inches of them?

or how about launching their cars over a bump at well over 100k's, sometimes getting air, sideways at a wall, often paired with other cars?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzr0AIsPilY

i suggest u watch all of both vids, they both have great examples, like in the 2nd one where the driver hits tyres, moving them onto the track, then uses his car to sweep them off the track so the other drivers dont hit them. that is actually very common. many of the cars in that 2nd vid are "missiles" which is the name given to cars which are just driven to death, anything that doesnt need to be repaired to make the car drive straight wont be repaired when its broken.
they just don't like drifting, but alteast we know it requires skill and it's very rewarding when done properly
Quote from Scrabby :they just don't like drifting, but alteast we know it requires skill and it's very rewarding when done properly

and the unfortunate part is that often it has nothing to do with the actual drifting and more to do which an elitist attitude racing enthusiasts hold.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG