The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I'd inspect that for damage. If there are any signs of wear, change it. It'll save you an engine.

Depends if its a non-interferance engine or not.
Quote from Klutch :Depends if its a non-interferance engine or not.

In the Corsa engine, if the belt goes so does your engine.
Or save yourself the trouble/money and next time don't buy a shit car
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Erm, do you not have AA cover? If not, you should really spend the few bob a year and get some.

And why do you need a new rad when a water pipe burst? Unless someone put a spanner through the rad it'll be fine just replace the pipe. However, as the cam belt was making contact with the water pipe (why do you not have a cam belt cover?) I'd inspect that for damage. If there are any signs of wear, change it. It'll save you an engine.

Apparently some bar was bent which the radiator bolts too which caused the top of the rad to get damaged (although before this all happened the cooling was spot on). This also tilted the rad backwards which pushed the pipe back.

Do not have recovery on my car (do on my bike) but then again my car is too low for 95% of recovery trucks. But yeah, now I do have AA and also their new "if your car breaks you pay £25 and then we pay the rest to fix it" thing.

A Vauxhall main dealer are fixing it so I'll just leave it with them for now. Hoping I'll get it back this week otherwise will likely be next week. No courtesy car availible at this time so looks like taxi to work.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :but then again my car is too low for 95% of recovery trucks..

No such thing as too low.
Just need more planks of wood and alot of patience.
Lol yeah there was some need for a whole load of wood to get the car up. It was so stupid lmao. To be fair though the front bumper scrapes way before the wheels touch so it's ****ed up.
At least you didn't have to take the bumpers off to get it on the towtruck
Quote from Klutch :No such thing as too low.

+1. Proper low is when your ride sits lower than Jacques Cousteau ever went
Haha I'm not going to ban anyone; I wouldn't qualify myself as having moderator status here anymore; nothing is going on, I haven't really kept in touch with anyone, and only come through to visit this single thread lol

Unfortunately no mine isn't the Speed, it's an 06; they released the Speed3 in 08.
I also won't be turboing my car.. it's already got 70k something miles on it, and my friend that turboed his 2.0 liter sleeper blew one engine up; but that's because he's pushing his 2.0 hard (.. his 2.0 sedan can take on stock Evos.. it's pumping out some power; but you'd never imagine because it looks like a stuck baseline sedan with bigger tires)

@S14 I know, it's kinda funny; get a bunch of people playing a racing game and they'll yell their heads off about how a wing here or there won't help anything; do it to a real car and they shut up haha

I'm just sick of my car having such horrid fitment and being so damn high! it blows.

Oh, SRI install should be tomorrow at some time; and I will make a comparison video.. should be interesting, I've never heard the difference of an aftermarket intake in person; just in random youtube videos.

@Osco I did do some white carbon fiber vinyl stuff in my interior; unfortunately it turned out to be metal backed so .. it's junk, I pulled one of the pieces off already.
So whenever I feel like doing a lot of vinyl work I'm going to get that 3M DiNoc stuff and do a lot of the interior.

It looks nice in pictures; in person you can pick out bubbles because the stuff doesn't flex hardly at all; I just have to go back and do it again with the 3M texture based stuff instead; won't be glossy, but whatever; if I want it to be glossy I can spray it I suppose.

This is my plan, is to lower on coilovers and get some Enkei RPF1s and paint them bright green:
Btw, was that a Garage Vary lip on the MX-5?
Quote from Klutch :Depends if its a non-interferance engine or not.

I think these days, well over here in the UK anyway, there arent very many engines at all that are non collision that i know of, i guess having a less 'tall' (for want of a better word) saves space and weight.

I dont personally know of anything built at all recently that is a non collision setup, but this doesnt mean there arent any tho, as i am far from being an expert.

It is also the non collision aspect that makes the old ford pinto engine a favourite for quite a few oval motorsports over here, break a timing belt, oh well never mind, pits, re-time the engine up, new belt on, go again!
-
(wheel4hummer) DELETED by wheel4hummer : Was looking a few pages back, useless to post this now >.<
Quote from danthebangerboy :I dont personally know of anything built at all recently that is a non collision setup, but this doesnt mean there arent any tho, as i am far from being an expert.

The Mazda K-series engine (The V6 in the MX6, and some other vehicles) is non-interference. But aside from that I don't know of any others.
Quote from danthebangerboy :
It is also the non collision aspect that makes the old ford pinto engine a favourite for quite a few oval motorsports over here, break a timing belt, oh well never mind, pits, re-time the engine up, new belt on, go again!

Aye, one great thing about the 2.0 pinto. Never have to worry about bent valves!
Quote from wheel4hummer :The Mazda K-series engine (The V6 in the MX6, and some other vehicles) is non-interference. But aside from that I don't know of any others.

same goes for the mazda B6 and BP series.
Quote from wheel4hummer :The Mazda K-series engine (The V6 in the MX6, and some other vehicles) is non-interference. But aside from that I don't know of any others.

I know that all Supra engines, 4M through 2JZ, are non-interference, except for the VVT-i versions of the 2JZ. I've also read that the entire Toyota VZ engine family are non-interference designs.
Quote from robt :Aye, one great thing about the 2.0 pinto. Never have to worry about bent valves!

exactly, got to love a screaming pinto!

On a slight sidenote, a good mate of mine is the sole reason why a fairly big rule regarding engines in 2litre / national banger meetings was changed a couple of years back.

The previous rule was that no engine bigger than 2l were allowed in granadas, which left an all pinto powered line up as it was, until my mate bought back a few 2.0l cologne V6 engines from over on the continent!

He spent most of a season happily going in for head-ons and pinging peoples timing belts, no such worry for his 2l V6, and perfectly within the rules too, until the next season, where the ruling was reworded to say no v6 engines in granadas at 2l/national meetings.

Fun while it lasted!
^LOL

thats awesome
Quote from Klutch :At least you didn't have to take the bumpers off to get it on the towtruck

lol, my mates car:

And i thought 25mm was low.
the soarer doesnt look that low?

Quote from robt :Aye, one great thing about the 2.0 pinto. Never have to worry about bent valves!

You can't bend valves if the engine died long before anyway.
ah she's still got a few inches! haha
oh and my mate finally replied to me, but he didnt mention anything about how to contact him, lol, so had to send him back another.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG