The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Don't remember replying to you in awhile, unless you took my thoughts on improper suspension alterations to be directed at you for some reason.. (which the ultimate issue is safety, not performance, when you get down to it) Untypically, it sounds like iFastLT actually knows what he's doing though.
Safety? yeah it is so unsafe driving with "inproper" suspension, like most of us do double the speedlimit and corner like mad....not

You don't know what tou are talking about.
Keep looking dumber to those who actually know a thing or two about suspension, lol.
I go for look and race-car handling, seems to be working

Because racecar

My Touring is lowered too... No crappy homemade struts or $$$ coils, though.

Sports package, right from the BMW factory, y0.
Yeeee!!!!!!

I have M-Sportfahrwerk, handles like a shit boat. I'm gonna put a cheap coilover set under it, lower it and put some decent tyres on my 17" wheels. 318i on the Nordschleife then, haha!
hey guys, i need some help

my grandma has a '95 golf 3 1.4 without powersteering
is there an easy way to install it? what would i need to do so?
install what? power steering?
sell it and buy a golf with power steering... Will cost you less money and effort then converting it to power steered
man up and get on with it?
Quote from Franky.S :man up and get on with it?

im sure he would but i think it's for his grandma
I thought only Americans used power steering.
Nope,powersteering is standart quite longe on this side of the big puddle,the truth is - only americans use automatic gearbox. And european women. And Michael Schumacher.
Quote from Scrabby :I go for look and race-car handling, seems to be working

Because racecar

http://www.jannousiainen.net/h ... mages/M_test_center_2.JPG

ive seen a w201 dtm in the flesh and it has a completely different suspension geometry than the production model to accomodate for the lower car
presumably its the same with all touring cars as the suspension geometry on the production cars is designed to work with the car sitting 20cm higher up
Quote from Eclipsed :only americans use automatic gearbox..

Not quite true Rony, from marketing standpoint Americans are the biggest manual users. That's why some european manufacturers offers cars with manual gearbox, exclusive for American market only.

some examples...

Ferrari 599
bmw m5 e60
bmw m5 f10
But don't the majority of people who buy them have flappy paddles instead? The majority of Americans have no clue how to use a proper gearbox, except truck drivers and the intelligent few
Quote from kars19 :some examples...

Ferrari 599
bmw m5 e60
bmw m5 f10

Which are bought by [wealthy] people,who want to DRIVE their car unlike the average John Smith from Ohio suburban town - just some box to drive from point A to point B,sitting comfortably in a huge sedan with low horsepower V6 gasoline destroyer.

Ok,enough of american stereotypes...

Edit: the guy above said it...
Quote from Scrabby :sell it and buy a golf with power steering... Will cost you less money and effort then converting it to power steered

probably true, but that golf is in mint condition, been in the family from, well, '95, and i doubt grandma would sell it :P

Quote from Franky.S :man up and get on with it?

i would if it was mine (actually i'd sell it and buy a car instead, but meh), but i can't tell the ol' granny to man up and get on with it, can i

is it really that hard and expensive to do it? even by salvaging a car at the junkyard?
doubt that, the hardest part would be to disassemble the car, as I imagine you would need to in order to reach all the bolts and etc.
basically you would need power steering pump, fluid reservoir, maybe different steering rack and some tiny bits here and there. there's nothing complicated in volkswagens
winter rubber is on. Also the dust and dirt cover is intentional and really needed for protecting the paint!

greetz

der butz
Attached images
2012-11-05 09.54.44.jpg
2012-11-05 09.54.30.jpg
Quote from Xaid0n :But don't the majority of people who buy them have flappy paddles instead? The majority of Americans have no clue how to use a proper gearbox, except truck drivers and the intelligent few

You would be wrong to call me intelligent.
Maybe if we had a bigger choice of manuals, there would be more people using them. If we pick a performance luxury (which there are too many touting that) or SUV we usually have no choice. We usually see the manuals as standard with optional automatic in the base vehicles. We don't always buy the base because the options are limited. Have to buy a new car because of no power steering? Have to get a new door because of no power windows? If the lot of it comes with the "Limited" trim level then we would be willing to sacrifice real gear selection. I drove a manual for two years for a business, I don't see how an automatic could have made the job any worse. This is a Sim Racing forum so of course you people want to shit on automatics. Widespread usage will always mean widespread selection for your next car.

Tell me a car that is $25,000 available in the US that would be an ideal four door manual? And I don't mean BMW or VW. We have enough of that on this thread.
right !
Attached images
clean.jpg
sedan best body type for e36, but no the prettiest
Seems like my VANOS is failing.
Gonna drift one more time on saturday and then it's winter repair time
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG