The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from pb32000 :You are wrong.

i just dug out my BMW spec book and if my calculations are correct the wheels and tyres that will run best for looks on that E36 would be an offset of 28.20mm and a size of 215/40/17 and dropped on shorter and stiffer springs by 15mm to keep the spec as closest to the original performance.
if i was going for speed and racing i would go for a size of 225/50/15 with an offset of 41.20mm using a set of 20mm spaces to keep the offset in check.
then again lower it but i would need to drive it to get it how i liked it and felt it was best for my style of racing before saying what id lower it to.

so now the reason why it will slow you down because most people just chuck any old wheels on there cars without looking at the original spec they will always loose the diameter of the original wheels, the car isn't made to take bigger or smaller, so therefore it will effect performance all over the bigger the wheel the more weight u add to the car some wheels can add 20lbs per wheel so adding more weight will always slow you down? and the bigger the wheel means the Rpm will have to be higher to move the car off the line then over all it wont make a difference. on a BMW as their performance is in the Higher RPM. so it will be sluggish off the start but as it get moving it will then be easier on the car but not always benifitial. (sp)

after adding bigger wheels to a car you should always upgrade ur brakes if not change the pads and discs, and check them regularly

as said before i don't want to go into a willy waving competition of who thinks they are right and wrong and who know better then the others, so before we spamm the fook out of the thread so letts take it to Pm or i cant be bothered
Quote from robt :euro stretch :vomit::vomit:

I'm not really a fan. The previous owner must be, as he purchased the tires. I can't wait to buy a couple of 255 and slap them on the rear :biggrinfl

I'll go outside and take some pics of my "euro stretch" Its not huge, but there is some. Yes, I'm bored.
Quote from robt :blah

Stealthy looking motor. Gotta love the Grandad behind it aswell.
yeah, i wanna aim to get the back of my capri looking similar. he's sold the grandad could have fitted the DOHC into his capri as well. nevermind!
I went a bit snappy happy.

Sorry about the quality of the pictures, they were all taken on my phone.

Pic 1 - Front end of the car. Don't worry, the headlights ARE being changed.
Pic 2 - Rear end of the car. The spoiler the previous owner put on is non-genuine BMW, hence it being saggier than a roof tilers nail bag.
Pic 3 - rear of the car again, to show the width of the rears.
Pic 4 - A "lying on the floor, under the car shot" again, to show the width of the rears.
Pic 5 - The look of the front tires. How the look with the correct size tires.
Pic 6 - The look of the rear tires with 25mm of "euro stretch" Ignore the panel gap. It isn't that bad if you look at Pic 9.
Pic 7 - the tire size all round. I got confused. Its 225/45/17 all round. Not 245. The rears are meant to be 255 but the spanner before put on 225's all round.
Pic 8 - My "boot install" Not chavy in the slightest. Sounds very good.
Pic 9 - My mates fat arse hanging out of my car. Notice the rear seat on the roof and the panel gap.

Attached images
BMW New 1.jpg
BMW New 2.jpg
BMW New 3.jpg
BMW New 4.jpg
BMW New 5.jpg
BMW New 6.jpg
BMW New 7.jpg
BMW New 8.jpg
BMW New 9.jpg
the fronts look much better. Those front lights angel eyes? or just a dodgy ring round the main light lol. might fit angel eyes to the capri (yes, BMW lights fit the headlight bezels ) need to get new tyres for my capri, though i want to really upgrade to the 7J 7 spokes from my 6J 4 spokes.
The euro stretch tyres just look like some chav with 18" wheels on a nova who couldnt afford the right size tyres as well my capri may have tiny wheels, but at least its low! comes to the same height as an old mini
Attached images
DSC00468.JPG
With the headlights, I have good and bad days

Some days, I love them, others I hate them. Today, is about 50/50.

Yep, they are Angel Eyes. Looks great in the dark.

I really hope you come to the LFS Meet
if i ever get the car on the road i might! and ill take them angel eyes off your hands wanna swap for 25 year old capri lights? haha!
Your number plates have the wrong country on them :o
Well, ATM my dad drives a Merc E500
Quote from mr_x :Your number plates have the wrong country on them :o

ROFL. Deutschland
well looney that car is better then what i see here driving for first cars!, Have fun with it
Cheers mate
LOL.

No, we were wiring the sub and amp into the boot. Sadly, we had to remove the rear seats to get the wires into the boot. As its a saloon and a 4 door, the boot is like a steal enclosure Got it sorted though.

Yes, the headlights are a little ricer, hence why I don't like them.
Quote from The General Lee :LOL.

No, we were wiring the sub and amp into the boot. Sadly, we had to remove the rear seats to get the wires into the boot. As its a saloon and a 4 door, the boot is like a steal enclosure Got it sorted though.

Yes, the headlights are a little ricer, hence why I don't like them.

OMFG! The rear seat doesn't need to be removed to install a sub

I installed 2 12" subs and 3 amps in the back of my mates 4-door E36 some years ago.. I certainly didn't take the seats out and the wires made it to the boot.. in a nice finishing sheath too (was normally used to keep cables tidy in nightclubs).

Talk about doing things the hard way.

No comment on those headlights

Regards,

Ian
Omg why such lame comments on the headlights they even look good and are just clear headlights instead of those ugly old ones, atleast he hasnt he's bumperkit and ultrahigh wing on it and that doesn't make him a ricer
Quote from Scrabby :Omg why such lame comments on the headlights they even look good and are just clear headlights instead of those ugly old ones, atleast he hasnt he's bumperkit and ultrahigh wing on it and that doesn't make him a ricer

They just look.... well, crap. They look like a home-made angel-eye conversion kit rather than a £150 kit. I've seen some E36s with conversions that look a lot less like "we made these lights with a hammer and chisel" than this set do.

Car itself looks clean, but looks ruined (IMO) with the headlights.

Regards,

Ian

PS: Rob.. I love that Capri! it's so clean. I'd love to get me hands on a mint 280 Brooklands
near my home is a crapyard were a Capri stands alone... pretty good shape
Quote from Ian.H :OMFG! The rear seat doesn't need to be removed to install a sub

Yeeeees, they do.

I'll happily rip them out again just to prove you wrong.

How did you get into the boot with the wires if you didn't remove the rear seats?

My headlights cost £250. - Not home made...

I hate them.

I have found a set of CCFL's to go inside of the Bosch headlights. Thanks for your negativity though.
Quote from Scrabby :near my home is a crapyard were a Capri stands alone... pretty good shape

Go buy it, can make about £1500 in parts or if it is in good shape, ship it over here!

@general: my capri isnt clean, its got grey freckles! and theres a door stripe missing which makes it look terrible! so im taking the stripes off when i get a chance! and a brooklands will set you back at least £5,000 now, get saving and ill take the light units off you just to get to the angel eyes!
My dad is driving a Caterham CSR 200 and a Renault Mégane 1.9 Diesel. My mother is driving a Jeep Cherokee CRD 2.5 2005er model.

I'm driving a Ford Fiesta ST at the moment. Without any Stiprs just a clean black one ^^. Will try to buy a new one soon.

Some pics: (yes it's me on pictures) and as soon as possible i'll get a picture of my Fiesta ST (it's rainy outside)

http://www.xbones.de/xbones/im ... ifrey/CSR200/DSC00282.JPG

http://www.xbones.de/xbones/im ... /CSR200/DSC0029722222.jpg

http://www.xbones.de/xbones/im ... ifrey/CSR200/DSC00285.JPG

http://www.xbones.de/xbones/im ... ifrey/CSR200/DSC00291.JPG
nice caterham........which reminds me, anyone got a ford OHC/pinto 4-2-1 manifold lying around the cast one on the car is about as efficient as paper shoes in a puddle
Took some more snaps of my Beemer parked up against my mates 316.
It makes me realise how lucky I am to have mine, considering my is 22, his has half the "toys" mine does, its older, is in worse condition and has less torque

I have dug out my old drivers headlight, just need to find a passenger side one now as the whole reason I replaced them with my horrible angels was because the passengers side headlight had a stone chip in it and the bloke advertised them wrong...

Anyways, pictures...Mine is the red one, the one that needs a clean the most

Pic 3 was actually taken with me laid on the floor with my mate laughing and all the cars looking at me funny
Attached images
Niall vs Martin 1.jpg
Niall vs Martin 2.jpg
Niall vs Martin 3.jpg
Niall vs Martin 4.jpg
Niall vs Martin 5.jpg
Niall vs Martin 6.jpg
Niall vs Martin 7.jpg
Niall vs Martin 8.jpg
Niall vs Martin 9.jpg
This thread is closed

Post your Car!