The online racing simulator
Quote from Shotglass :btw is there a x39->y changelog somewhere ?

It's in the README_Y.txt
Quote :Added / updated translations
Recompiled as version 0.5Y

Thanks Devs and Merry Christmas.
Time for you guys to take a break and spend time with your families.
One great thing with LFS is when it moves towards more realism you don't need any tutorials how to drive car in LFS, you can do with real world tutorials how to drive real race car, so google some of those and you will be fine
its a great early xmas prezzie lol, ive been playing for a couple of hours and its great. merry xmas devs
Great work devs! Really fun playing LFS again, just hope it'll stay like that

Merry christmas and happy new year to you too!
Thanks for this awesome update. LFS has just put itself yet another lap in front of the competition!
Have a great Christmas and take a well earned rest LFS devs!
I have met too many wreckers/a-holes on the servers today.. first time in LFS.. and i mean intentional stuff.. one guy was chasing me for a lap and on slow corner just rammed flat out! missed me on the first time.. i thought he made some big error.. but when i saw him little while after.. he did the same! but this time he hit.. Maybe some people are frustrated with the patch and it brings the worst out? seems so.. first time ive had this bad experiences on one day. Anyway.. i like the patch.. its lot of work to drive.. but i guess its ok.. I think im gonna race the AI and with some friends on a closed server for few days, maybe the crazies have disappeared again.
No those are just A-grade dickheads. Hopefully they will all be banned within the week from most servers.
Quote from Ospi :No those are just A-grade dickheads. Hopefully they will all be banned within the week from most servers.

That's one of the reasons LFS is so great
Thx! What a nice X-mas (Y-mas?) present for us
Great work by the devs. Taking their balls in their hands and doing what they wanna do
First of all, Merry Christmas, and thank you for this great new patch.

However, I have a question about the reasoning behind this "fix": Removed digital speedo option - now depends on type of car
Why has this option been removed? I'll be more willing to shift to analog speedo's if I understand why the developers made this decision.

Also it is kind of hard to get the idea behind the clutch temperature. More info on this would be nice.

BTW: BL GP has become awkward Didn't have the chance to test South City yet.
Great stuff

Christmas came early
Quote from Mardaneus :However, I have a question about the reasoning behind this "fix": Removed digital speedo option - now depends on type of car
Why has this option been removed? I'll be more willing to shift to analog speedo's if I understand why the developers made this decision.

It's more realistic option. The road car cockpits are going to be changed (eh - "soon") anyway so better get used to not seeing digital speedos...
i hate the clutch is so soft, like a paper, need to adjust to a racing clutch, is more strong (Y)
What would the PC racing sim scene be without LFS?

Thank you :up:
Did anyone else get the text message saying it was released? I have money in my LFS account and notification turned on but I didn't get one, just wondering if it works for people in the US or its just me? Do I have to put in my number in a special way?
I just want to say i love atch y now its ace there is only one thing i could ask for and that would be a second track on the demo including to go with blackwood.

A
Quote from BrandonAGr :Did anyone else get the text message saying it was released? I have money in my LFS account and notification turned on but I didn't get one, just wondering if it works for people in the US or its just me? Do I have to put in my number in a special way?

I did, and I'm in Canada.

Is your number put in in the way of "+1 (should be there due to country selection), then a (0) then 604 (area code) then the 7 digits of your number (eg 7391477)" (Not used my number, so have fun texting some random person on the lower mainland, even though it's probably a house number)
Awesome patch lads, Merry Christmas all.
Great patch, but i just gotta say i'm slightly dissapointed with how things are going.. (Am i allowed to? Will i be crussified :tilt.
While FBM is great and all, what would we get exactly if that didn't come up.. Changed BL and SO and..... yes, new AI, "Yeyyy". I think there are LOTS of games for people wanting to drive single player, pretend to be some racing driver and go through all the championship mode and all.. IMO, LFS shouldn't wasted the time on that, precious time i might add, we are talking in months here like it's days.. If i for some reason can't drive online (no internet, etc) i would do some hotlapping, i certainly wouldn't want to drive with "0 and 1's" who, let's face it, will never be smart as humans. There's just no point. I think the decision that that is a very important aspect for S2 final is just plain wrong, sorry Scawen, but there a lot of other things that are more important and could be done instead of freakin AI on an "Online" racing sim..
Maybe some optimization? It seems that CPU does ALL the work here, even graphic work, maybe i'm wrong, that's just how it feels.
What about that bigger autocross area, majority agreed that it would be super cool and useful for LFS.

New engines are great on the other hand, really, it really "pumps up" more realistically now, brings us some more of that kind of stuff please, the stuff that you go "wow"..

I'll end the rant know, just saying that unnecessery things are taking a lot of time and other, more important ones are staying still, while months are passing and passing..
Nevertheless, i love you and this is just a "positive" rant from the uber LFS fanboy, Marry Xmas to you and your family, and i wish you all the best!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG