The online racing simulator
I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring of sorts and thank you for all your hard work and dedication to this sim, despite any naysayers this is my and many others preferred racing sim and you've just made that a certainty for quite some time. Damn good work. Merry Christmas.

Luke
Give us a break!!
To the developers,

Deleted my idiocy...sorry...I suk

Zucar
Quote from Zucar :To the developers,

I had to stop driving Historic and share my discust with all the new billboards. With a world overcome by advertizing, corporatism, and over consumption it would be nice to buy something and not be paying for more ads. Many ads are actualy scenic and fine and to be expected at race tracks but these BMW and Intel billboards are way to big and way to often.

I love this track and game and like most am very appreciative of the fine work done by you three geniuses. Now this track is sad. Obviously what we pay is not enough for you and have sold out to these corporations to imprint our brains 30 more times a lap. Up until now you have always been so very artful, intelligent and tasteful.

Just one view in 6 billion, one view that feels you have cheapened your excellence and chosen a course that is at best sickening.

Zucar

Sorry, but I don´t understand what you´re trying to say...
Aston has been like this since the release of version T in April 2006, that's more than a year and a half!!!
-
(joen) DELETED by joen
Quote from Zucar :...

Keep your eyes on the track then. Where they should be in the first place. Also take a look at RL tracks, ads all over the place. Big ones too.
As said, they have been there for a long time, so what does this have to do with Patch Y?
You're making a big deal over nothing imo.
Quote from Zucar :I love this track and game and like most am very appreciative of the fine work done by you three geniuses. Now this track is sad. Obviously what we pay is not enough for you and have sold out to these corporations to imprint our brains 30 more times a lap. Up until now you have always been so very artful, intelligent and tasteful.

As chunkyracer said, Aston was updated more than 18 months ago. It was when we introduced the BMW Sauber, which Intel were using (with Aston National) for their racing tour - and Intel got us the deal. We welcomed the chance to put some more real adverts in LFS. There is no element of selling out and just to set the record straight, I can tell you that at least up to now, we have never received any money for anything other than selling licenses, and some clothes (though the clothes shop is a very long way from reaching the point of profit).
Quote from Zucar :Many ads are actualy scenic and fine and to be expected at race tracks but these BMW and Intel billboards are way to big and way to often.

do you know that these are just unencrypted dds images which you could retexture to something thats more your taste ... bunnies maybe ?
thx alot lfs defs.

dont listen to the mooners......

well done, great job , nice new so and bl

greats,

Reint Jan
Thanks Scawen, and a very Merry Christmas to You, Geraldine, Leo, Eric and Victor!
Quote from Zucar :To the developers,

I had to stop driving Historic and share my discust with all the new billboards. With a world overcome by advertizing, corporatism, and over consumption it would be nice to buy something and not be paying for more ads. Many ads are actualy scenic and fine and to be expected at race tracks but these BMW and Intel billboards are way to big and way to often.

I love this track and game and like most am very appreciative of the fine work done by you three geniuses. Now this track is sad. Obviously what we pay is not enough for you and have sold out to these corporations to imprint our brains 30 more times a lap. Up until now you have always been so very artful, intelligent and tasteful.

Just one view in 6 billion, one view that feels you have cheapened your excellence and chosen a course that is at best sickening.

Zucar

You can change them yourself, they are now JPG textures

Edit: Seems Aston ads aren't on the changelist, but anyway, you can edit the DDS files
Quote from Gil07 :You can change them yourself, they are now JPG textures

They will be jpg at all tracks eventually, for for now it's only on the tracks that were updated : South City / Fern Bay / Blackwood

The jpg ads all have names like BL_ADS1.jpg SO_ADS3.jpg etc and are found in the pic folder.
Quote :
you could retexture to something thats more your taste ... bunnies maybe ?

Certainly. One of my earliest mods for LFS was just changing all the ads over to famous works of modern art, so it became as a high-speed art gallery. But bunnies are good, too
Quote from Scawen :They will be jpg at all tracks eventually, for for now it's only on the tracks that were updated : South City / Fern Bay / Blackwood

The jpg ads all have names like BL_ADS1.jpg SO_ADS3.jpg etc and are found in the pic folder.

How was FE updated? I didn't notice any change except the ads are now .jpg, adding tyres to one corner isn't exactly updating imo...
lovin it...

wish ya merry christmas and a happy new year LFS team
Quote from bbman :How was FE updated? I didn't notice any change except the ads are now .jpg, adding tyres to one corner isn't exactly updating imo...

He meant updated in the context of using ads-as-JPEGs.
Quote from Electrik Kar :Certainly. One of my earliest mods for LFS was just changing all the ads over to famous works of modern art, so it became as a high-speed art gallery. But bunnies are good, too

uh i like that ... racing and completely pointless "art"
is the mod still available somewhere ?
I like to see it as completely pointless racing and art.
Quote from bbman :How was FE updated? I didn't notice any change except the ads are now .jpg, adding tyres to one corner isn't exactly updating imo...

I'ts important to learn to read before trying to pull off sarcastic snipes.
...just an idea...

Is is posible to get "bouncing" rev limiter like in real car. In LFS revs just "stay" at limit. In real car my rev bounce at the end....

Dont know if it was allrealy posted...
Quote from SlamDunk :What would the PC racing sim scene be without LFS?

Thank you :up:

Nothing, LFS already went down in historie of simracing! That won't change next decades. Simracing will grow as big as it never was before cause of fantastic LFS!
what we need is a mod that turns the autocross arena and bl carpark into a white canvas and tyres with sliders to choose the colour of the skidmarks
Quote from Zucar :...rant...

Going by what you wrote, your view is not worth much... Apparently not even 1/6000000000
Thanks and happy christmas
Great work, take some time off and enjoy the rest of the year!

I'll set a reminder for myself to start another "LFS: Nothing new for a long time!" thread in two weeks

There were serious issues with some of the AI paths there (the raw paths from which they generate their own lines). Such as walls being marked as driveable areas.

So Fern Bay had to be edited and resaved, While I was at it, I added pit lane cameras and fixed some reported bugs such as floating walls, improved the visibility of pit stop markings, also removed the large advert banners over the bridge which wre never meant to be there but were used to avoid drawing too much scenery. Eric also repaired the missing start lights and FE Green and fixed some yellow pit lane exit line Z buffer issues. Finally the tyres were added at FE Rallycross Green.

So this was actually several hours work. The fact that there is just a small note on the note sheet, does not mean that was the only thing that was done. Did you actually drive around at Fern Bay before making that comment? I would have thought the removed signs on the bridge were quite noticeable.

But this was not an "Eric update" where a couple of months go into improving things, this was some quick fixes by me. So now do you really think I was wrong so say the "updated tracks" got new jpg textures? Look in the patch folder, you'll see BL, SO and FE - the updated tracks.

Hmm, I feel writing this was a waste of time, anyway I'll post it just for the record.
One thing that ive noticed with the patch is that the frames have significantly dropped, i even had some serious issues in South city playing on pubs last night.. It used to be stable 70-100 but now its dropping at times to 20-30! Any idea what could cause this?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG