The online racing simulator
:rolleyes:
Quote from Niku :patch y is rubbish

Please explain.
My guesses are: clutch,FBM,XRT
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :Please explain.
My guesses are: clutch,FBM,XRT

your guess is correct
see sig...

just another clueless person expecting everything to be handed out to him for free on a golden plate with cherries on top.
In short, a totally irrelevant person.
You have 3 choises:

1. Install patch X
2. buy a license
3. F.O.
Well i have never played patch x or earlier versions, but i really love the game, so demo racers just buy the game and don't :weeping:
Quote from G!NhO :Well i have never played patch x or earlier versions, but i really love the game, so demo racers just buy the game and don't :weeping:

+1 lol
For anyone that does like the FBM (and has a valid S2 license), the Open Wheel Racing League starts a season with the car on February 9th. More info can be found in our league subsection on this forum and on our website: www.owrl.de

Thanks to the devs for adding another great open wheel car
Like I said before, stop complaining, learn to drive the FBM, organise FBM races demo style, Be happy ! Short but powerfull. No? Or an OWRL for DEMO
Quote from MAE_2007 :Like I said before, stop complaining, learn to drive the FBM, organise FBM races demo style, Be happy ! Short but powerfull. No? Or an OWRL for DEMO

Problem is, a big part of the demo racers are just pseudo-drifters

What i don't understand though is, if they like the game so much, why don't they buy it? It's not that expensive afterall, and worth every cent
My guess is that the problem of not buying is because they are not allowed by there parents by paying using the internet. Same problem for me anyway. But i don't care, there's still demo and thats nice already !! For not-drifters at least and banners and crashers and ... Thats why I mostly go in single player, because its full of bad drivers to say it nicely.
One thing I just want to explain again...

The problem with credit cards and the internet is NOT that there is a problem actually buying on the internet, if you trust the website where you are buying the goods.

The credit card information is encrypted and cannot be intercepted by some imaginary thieves sitting in cyberspace somehow intercepting the information as it flies past on the internet - that is impossible. In the case of LFS it's even safer than some other websites, because we do not store or even process your credit card number in any way. Only our credit card verifier sees your credit card number (that secure page that our site sends you to where you finally enter your credit card details).

A lot of people are confused about the connection between internet fraud and credit cards. The actual problem with the internet and credit cards is that the internet is an easy place to use someone else's credit card, if that information has already been obtained somehow (probably when the card was used in a restaurant or shop and was processed by a dishonest employee). So you see, if you are concerned about your credit card security then it's in the "real world" you should be worrying about using your card, not the internet!

If one more person who is unsure about using their credit card on the internet can understand what I'm trying to say here then it was worth my while saying it.

P.S. Also there is one more danger, if you download and run software from untrustworthy sites or suspicious emails and your computer is not protected by a software firewall, it's possible that a program you installed unintentionally could store keypresses and send them to a fraudster. But if your computer is clean then you are safe.
Quote from Resu :Problem is, a big part of the demo racers are just pseudo-drifters

What i don't understand though is, if they like the game so much, why don't they buy it? It's not that expensive afterall, and worth every cent

XRG is a driftable car, with the right setup

I started with demo, but did not take long before I got tired of Blackwood

S1/S2 i not that expensive, and worth every penny. So no respect for whining demodrivers: If you get a free game, with online possibillities, don't whine over lack of cars. just buy a upgrade
Quote from =Wolf=[NO] :XRG is a driftable car, with the right setup

I started with demo, but did not take long before I got tired of Blackwood

S1/S2 i not that expensive, and worth every penny. So no respect for whining demodrivers: If you get a free game, with online possibillities, don't whine over lack of cars. just buy a upgrade

I tested it and you can indeed drift whit the xrg if you have a good setup. So demo drifters, there's your solution: The XRG.

Greetz.
i just want to make this clear...

anything RWD, and can initiate tire spin on launch...
CAN drift
And Drift King himself [Keichi Tsuchya] said that it's not about power, it's balance.
His favourite car is "that" old Toyota AE86, which isn't really THAT powerful, right?
I had some superb times drifting back in demo land with the XRG, you just have to make the cars grip less so that they can drift despite the lower power, nothing that can't be done by making a simple setup
Quote from 5haz :I had some superb times drifting back in demo land with the XRG, you just have to make the cars grip less so that they can drift despite the lower power, nothing that can't be done by making a simple setup

you mean "grip more in the front"?
jeez, drifting is not about slipping...
Oh jesus I havent been here in so long. :o

My cousins used to race formula BMW and I got to try them time to time. Scary as ****. lol

I may have posted videos here before or it was vids of the F3. But yes, I'm only downloading this patch now. LOL
Quote from Dragger :Oh jesus I havent been here in so long. :o

welcome back

Quote from Dragger : My cousins used to race formula BMW and I got to try them time to time. Scary as ****. lol

I am jealous. yes I really am.

Quote from Dragger : I may have posted videos here before or it was vids of the F3. But yes, I'm only downloading this patch now. LOL

have fun
Thanks mate

The formula BMW is realistic :o
Patch Y is awesome only if i drive alone. It lags soo much when a car is 3 - 4 seconds ahead or behind me. Patch X used to give me 100 - 120 FPS. But with Y can only mange to get 10 - 30 FPS. I get 4-5 FPS with full grid of cars at the start & 30 FPS on the straight in Blackwood. I used to play patch X alot. I simply used to love LFS than any other game. But with the introduction of patch Y my interest in this game is completely gone. I surely would have bought a license. Now why would i buy a license if i have to play alone. Also I dont want to crash on licensed servers & get banned. I play many other games but they never lag. I will reconsider on buying a license only if LFS comes up with a new patch like the X.
I know LFS wont mind losing one buyer. But i'm sure there will be many more demo users having same thoughts like mine.
Quote from Tony1011 :It lags soo much when a car is 3 - 4 seconds ahead or behind me. Patch X used to give me 100 - 120 FPS. But with Y can only mange to get 10 - 30 FPS.

A drop of 100 FPS is certainly not caused by Patch Y alone.

Are you sure you have the same settings as in the previous patch?
I can only think that either Blackwood's new high resolution textures or the high polygon Formula BMW is giving you a frame rate loss. You should try, in Graphics options, switching full resolution textures to OFF.

This will use half resolution textures and you should find they are quite acceptable in my opinion for normal driving. On onlder graphics cards this will give you a higher frame rate. Please let us know if it does the job.
First of all scawen i apologize for my post, i'm very frustrated coz i'm unable to play LFS.

I've tried everything lowered all the settings. Infact i'm using the same configuration which i used in patch X. I even reinstalled OS & also upgraded the RAM. I even got my graphic card replaced from the vendor coz i thought there might be a fault there. I've even got 2 extra cabinet fans installed to keep my processor & graphic card temp down. After doing all this stuff my other games are working more better now. But did not find any change in LFS.

30 FPS is not bad at all. But when it comes down to 5-10 FPS it is simply unplayable. It only lags when a car is near me, near the pitstand & the first turn in blackwood.

Below is my PC configuration

Intel 3.2Ghz HT, 2GB 500DDR2 RAM, Nvidia 7300GT Graphic card

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG