The online racing simulator
IMO it's better for LFS to improve aero modelling (it would make the BF1 better for sure) and fix certain col. dec. issues that improve realism more than minor things like removing mini maps and so-on. There's two kinds of realism - physics realism and sim realism. Physics realism is more important IMO.
Quote from Drunken Predator :
LFS is not the hardest game by far.. i know few other that take much much much more practice to learn properly, and push to limits.. and it has nothing to do with realism..

Yep, i agree with you there, it sure is more difficult to adapt to the physics not from this world...
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yep, i agree with you there, it sure is more difficult to adapt to the physics not from this world...

nah, LFS is just over forgiving (grass, corner markers on chicane.. in most of the games and in reality you wreck the suspension if for example driving like anyone drivers in Fern bay)
thanks & merry christmass.
Driving Line Option (Server Side)?
Don't know if this has been brought up, but I was wondering if anyone else hoped that the racing line ('4') was a server side option (is it?).

For me, it makes being consistent easier, getting repeatable quick laps. Not really faster on a single lap, but probably over the course of race.

The problem could arise with leagues IMO, mainly where such an aide would really be out of place.

Personally I'd just like to not have the option of using it some times. It's tempting, and feels a little silly.

Anyone else feel this way?
Quote from srdsprinter :Don't know if this has been brought up, but I was wondering if anyone else hoped that the racing line ('4') was a server side option (is it?).

For me, it makes being consistent easier, getting repeatable quick laps. Not really faster on a single lap, but probably over the course of race.

The problem could arise with leagues IMO, mainly where such an aide would really be out of place.

Personally I'd just like to not have the option of using it some times. It's tempting, and feels a little silly.

Anyone else feel this way?

when you have "Forced Cockpit" on, the player cannot use the racing line.
Quote from niall09 :when you have "Forced Cockpit" on, the player cannot use the racing line.

Cool beans dude.

I figured Scawen backdoored it somehow to prevent it when desired.
Finally, Demo has a Formula 1 Car!
...except it's not a Formula 1 Car. Thats the BF1, which is in S2...
Pretty cool work, for me it still goes the right way and I am glad about it !
What s next before beta ? Less wild AI, improved diff/tyres ?

Anyway LFS rocks !
#437 - j j
I would just like to say thank you. The patch is great. Everything about the handling feels so much better, more responsive, immersive and real.. I had almost quit playing lfs but this has made it so much more fun. The changes are subtle but the make all the change in the world in my opinion.

My g25 says thanks too!
Quote from j j :I would just like to say thank you. The patch is great. Everything about the handling feels so much better, more responsive, immersive and real.. I had almost quit playing lfs but this has made it so much more fun. The changes are subtle but the make all the change in the world in my opinion.

My g25 says thanks too!

Have to agree with you there. Now that i have been driving the new patch a bit more imo it feels better then the old one. With the new clutch a bit more challenging and with the improved physics it has more feeling.

So thanks to the developers/testers and everyone who has been working hard for the new patch.
after 20 hours of drifting in the new patch, i dont wear out the clutch anymore, it all comes down to let of the throttle a little bit, i love it!

but, i miss the handbrake adjustment, in an earlyer patch i could set the strength of the handbrake knob! that ressolts in great lock!
WOW nice patch, Downloaded it at college as i dont have a pc any more But now ive tested it im hooked again, cant wait to get a new pc, I love the way the ai are working now and the way they pit after the race and turn there engines off,

Regards all
Yep the patch ROCKS but i think that it have to work with Bespoke!
i noticed that BL1 Reverse and BL2 Reverse tracks are no more allowed in demo version. why?
Because it's the DEMO. The less content in the demo the sooner the demoers will buy a license.
Since we're coming close to the end of the alfabet, and thus maybe an S3 release, aren't many demo-racers waiting for S3 before buying the game?

Or will S3 be simply +£12?
S3 is probably years away.

And yes, you will have payed the same if you buy S2 now and S3 when it comes out. You might even save something because of exchange rates.
Quote from FastGuy21 :y did u get rid of the xrt for demo racers?? lfs suck ass now, i loved playing lfs to drift in xrt and now i cant do it!!, i swere im crying now lmao, now i cant enjoy a great game coz my perents wont let me get a licence, plz bring the xrt back to the demo!! b4 i crash lfs and no1 would be abel to play!! :'( f***n gay game, how am i suposed to drift in a shit car that cant drift!!
lfs> :chairs:<me =D

Now that's what I call re-enforcing a stereotype.
Quote from Fat-Alfie :I'm sure it will, until you are an island of a handfull of blinkered individuals pretending you are driving a real car instead of sitting in front of a computer screen. Everyone else will have walked away, to games where they can have fun, and not be ridiculed for it.

You know what, I will be with him.
Remember, stereotypes had to start somehow

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG