The online racing simulator
hah it was the first way that poped into my head. but i dont like the new patch the clutch thing i dont like the new blackwood is o.k but no XRT and no BL Rev just makes me mad and fell hated my scawen lol
Was BL1R removed from the demo? I didn't know that.
Sweeeeeeet!!!!!!!!
I was very impressed with version x and x10 and since I did not often display list of servers as I usually set one up myself (West coast cruzin) I did not get the 30 or 37 patches. Had a little trouble using auto download to get Y so I just downloaded the full Y version and extracted it in my LFS foldoer because when I did the manual download of the patch without 30&37 I had problems when trying to use updated tracks, fixed now and everything is as I said SWEEEEET!!!!!! The Rally cross tracks are a major kick in the gluteus Maximus and the new Beamer is orgasmic to drive. The UF GTR handles great on rally tracks and well the FZR , nuff said
Quote from Travis Rowe01 :hah it was the first way that poped into my head. but i dont like the new patch the clutch thing i dont like the new blackwood is o.k but no XRT and no BL Rev just makes me mad and fell hated my scawen lol

But there is XRT, it just requires now small deposit of 12£ to account of makers of it, that is best solution, after all, you have found out that you like from XRT, you like drift it and there is whole tracks that are great to drift on too, just not in demo, that is just small example of what you will get in licensed version
Quote from Scawen :It seemed to me more sensible for anyone to take their favourite setups and make the necessary adjustments to final drive ratio and camber.

Any chance we could get some more information about the changes done to the way camber works? I did a search and couldn't find anything.
Quote from Ralph Werner :I was very impressed with version x and x10 and since I did not often display list of servers as I usually set one up myself (West coast cruzin) I did not get the 30 or 37 patches. Had a little trouble using auto download to get Y so I just downloaded the full Y version and extracted it in my LFS foldoer because when I did the manual download of the patch without 30&37 I had problems when trying to use updated tracks, fixed now and everything is as I said SWEEEEET!!!!!! The Rally cross tracks are a major kick in the gluteus Maximus and the new Beamer is orgasmic to drive. The UF GTR handles great on rally tracks and well the FZR , nuff said

I guess that is a good thing
It`s a little harder driving the BL2, since it`s much more narrow than before. You can gain over 2 seconds compared to old lap times.
Thank you very much for the newest patch and Mey X-Mas and a Happy Newyear.
Quote from Guesty91 :Hey

I was just woundering if any 1 knows how to get the S! and S@ licences for free. if someone could give me the user name and password i would be so happy Thanx.

Merry Christmas and Have a Happye New Year

Sam

Here you go...

Username: suckit
Password: princess

Another way is to try and find a demo league where the grand prize is a license. Or be extra nice to someone, contribute something useful (no drift skins please) to the community and someone just might send you a voucher.

I was just woundering if any 1 knows how to get the S! and S@ licences for free. if someone could give me the user name and password i would be so happy Thanx.

Sam

/me lights a certain fruit and throws it

Just buy a license

DK

Sam

Hey

I was just woundering if any 1 knows how to get a Ferrari for free? if someone could give me his Ferrari i would be so happy Thanx.

Merry Christmas and Have a Happy New Year

Mike

Quote from RatzMilk :Any chance we could get some more information about the changes done to the way camber works? I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Nothing changed to the way it works, the camber value you have in the setup is just an adjustment of the camber of the default setup... As Scawen changed the default camber in some cars (FOX was one he mentioned), you have to readjust your camber settings to get the same values as before...
Patch Sux
Disable XRT in demo is giant mistake as you actualy killed LFS drift. In S2 there is actualy only stupid FE Gold REV drift with no homies !!! Demo is for newbies and you change easy drive XRT with formula with manual clutch and no fun. now you have 3 cars to race and no to drift. XRT is the way how to really find and love LFS physics. You killed one heavy reason why to buy LFS. And i will not talk about settings.. I would have never bought this game, if i try demo with this crap patch!!!! Sorry but you really f*cked this up
Oh well, you already bought it. Ha!

I doubt anyone who wanted to just drift the XRT ever bothered to buy the game. Now they have to. If you don't like it, there are other sims for you. I've heard rTractor is great for drifting, because you can make some very weird laws of physics (so 'gripping' is impossible, but 30° drifts are normal).
Quote from Dudin :you actualy killed LFS drift.

A lot of people couldn´t care less about that.
The LFS demo gives a better and broader demonstration of LFS now so that it will attract more serious racers, which are LFS´ core audience.

And why should anyone care about people not being able to dorifto their XRT for free anymore? If they like it enough they will buy LFS and support the development. If they don´t, well then it´s their loss only and LFS didn´t lose anything.
But new players will never know what drift in LFS is. And the Drift comunity in this game is very very powerfull.
They can drift the XRG enough to know what it's like. That, combined with word of mouth, and videos/screenshots should be enough.
Quote from tristancliffe :They can drift the XRG enough to know what it's like. That, combined with word of mouth, and videos/screenshots should be enough.

drift with XRG... I expected someone like you btw more than 1/3 demo servers was drift....
Quote from Dudin :But new players will never know what drift in LFS is. And the Drift comunity in this game is very very powerfull.

hahaha. How "powerfull" is our drift community? Obviously not powerfull enough to keep the xrt in the demo...

Quote from Dudin : drift with XRG... I expected someone like you btw more than 1/3 demo servers was drift....

Right, and that 1/3+ of the servers were destroying the perception of potential S2 racers as to what LFS really is. A racing simulator.
Quote from Dudin : drift with XRG... I expected someone like you btw more than 1/3 demo servers was drift....

And not a single person on those servers would buy S2, now they have to buy at least S1.

The drift community is not really powerful as such but listened to in S2 because they have paid 24 quid for the right.
You can drift the XRG. Just like people in real life drift similar cars. I don't see what's wrong with it. Obviously, if you're a muppet then you need lots of torque, but... ah, I see what I've done there.
I thought the demo servers were full of d0rift0 kings and gods that live by the principle of "if it has wheels I can drift it"
Certainly the XRG would be no problem to those guys?
The XFG is impossible to drift, as it is front wheel drive. To brainless oafs a long handbrake turn might look like a drift, but it isn't. Neither is continued lift off oversteer.

The XRG, being rear wheel drive is EASY to drift. It might not do the longest drifts, nor create the most smoke, but you can do it, it demonstrates LFSs tyre physics with drifting, and stickers can be put on backwards too - DORIFTO

No, it's not the best drift car in LFS, but in a FREE FECKING DEMO what did you expect?
Not only a fantastic race simulator, but a fantastic program as well!
Not a very active community member, but as a long time fan from the first moment, I just want to thank you for developing this game and bringing it to this new all time high level with the latest patch.

Not only do I consider Live for Speed as one of the best, if not THE best, (online) racing simulation game, but also one of the most impressive projects in terms of coding, the physics, your self publishing, the online community concept, backoffice website and forum, beautifully original developed cars and tracks and superbly simulated real life cars... Not to forget the very impressive self learning AI (I'm VERY eager to see where you are going to be able to take this!), very stable environment, fast engine, excellent use of the community as testing & feedback platform, your ability to release stable releases with everyone on your back shouting for more.

I congratulate you on releasing this version, with another very impressive new car (my god you must have been so thrilled to drive the real thing!), and the continuation of your partnership with BWM Motorsport, which on itself, is perhaps the biggest compliment .

Happy Xmas and loads of succes in 2008!
:iagree:

great post
Why did you guys make the clutch thing som bad? three drifting laps and its worn out! DHJISES!!!

But else, i LOVE the uppdate!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG