The online racing simulator
Quote from FastGuy21 :y did u get rid of the xrt for demo racers?? lfs suck ass now, i loved playing lfs to drift in xrt and now i cant do it!!, i swere im crying now lmao, now i cant enjoy a great game coz my perents wont let me get a licence, plz bring the xrt back to the demo!! b4 i crash lfs and no1 would be abel to play!! :'( f***n gay game, how am i suposed to drift in a shit car that cant drift!!
lfs> :chairs:<me =D

This is almost as that angry german kid, perhaps we can use these as new translation for that?

Get S1 or S2 license and you can regain your love.

Btw, I found there is quite many S1 servers running there
This XRT thing is great!! Demo people think they are important and keep crying about XRT! I still have my XRT, go figure why...
Quote from FastGuy21 :no its just my perents wont let me get a licence they dont like puttin credit card info on the internet :'(

Actually buying with a credit card over the Internet is really safe, you can easily get your money back just by contacting the credit card company if you are scammed. No idea how you could convince your parents though.
Quote from FastGuy21 :no its just my perents wont let me get a licence they dont like puttin credit card info on the internet :'(,

As many demo users are being told you're playing a FREE demostration. Doesn't matter what your situation is that you can't buy the game, that's life. Plenty of things I'd like to have in this world but I can't buy them for whatever reason.

So to all demo users, stop effing whining and enjoy the very generous demo you've. How many demos give you unlimited play and free updates?

Quote from geeman1 :Actually buying with a credit card over the Internet is really safe, you can easily get your money back just by contacting the credit card company if you are scammed. No idea how you could convince your parents though.

Exactly, can't understand why people are scared of the net.

You have more rights buying something over the internet than you do in a shop. When you purchase an item in the shop the sales person is left with a recipt that has all the card details they need, bar the 3 digit code on the back to go on a spending spree.
I have bought only from net with my credit card, haven't used it for anything else and I have had it since beginning of LFS.

During this time, my other bank card without credit feature has been replaced twice because frauds in unmanned fuel stations, however not even single problem with my credit card.

Today I got however phishing mail, that claimed my credit card has been used in paypal and there was link to get refund, only that was needed was to give credit card details, well I'm not THAT fool
Anyway, most of cases are phishing where credit card 'over' internet has had problems and not some small software maker that has forum and all, surely there would be no forum if there would be some suspicious activity?

It is just that people don't know what are real dangers and what are not, for example they might be afraid to use credit card over internet while they use Internet Explorer to surf adult sites, which is like a suicide compared to using credit card. People just need to be taught these things more.
Quote from FastGuy21 :y did u get rid of the xrt for demo racers??

Read the other 50 topics asking that same question for the answer.

Quote :
lfs suck ass now, i loved playing lfs to drift in xrt and now i cant do it!!,

I guess you were playing LFS for the wrong reasons. If you think LFS without the XRT is shit, this really isn´t the sim game for you.
How would you know anyway, you only know 1 track and the demo cars.

Quote :
how am i suposed to drift in a shit car that cant drift!!

http://www.lfs.net/?page=shop

Quote :
i swere im crying now

I think it´s time for you to discover other facets of life.
It's time to drown out the whining bitching like Fernando Alonso demo racers! If they ebayed to the toys they threw out of the pram they could probably pay for S2 for a lot of people ...

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Yeh but it means they have the rights to show it, and Fortec are well known to them. I can't remember the name, but ITV did have a show where a bunch of women raced against each other for a place in a team I think. At least I think it was ITV.

/me trys to remember Formula Woman
/me checks on the archive of rc.net and Wikipedia

It was a one make series called Formula Woman, they all drove RX-8s. They had some regulation about not having a racing licence before hand, but they had no regulation about a relative of an actual driver - Natasha Firman (sister of Ralph, daughter of Ralph Snr, founder of Van Damien) won the championship! It was in 2004. According to Google it still exists but Mazda pulled out after that year so they supposedly ran Caterhams at some point. Supposedly the prize was a one off BTCC drive, IIRC. Not sure how she did.
I don't think Natasha Firman's doing anything now. Ralph did JGTC in 2007, if anyone gives a toss. The idea's a steaming bag of crap, anyway.
What the hell does "peel out" mean?
Nerves? The physics in single player and online are exactly the same. It's all in your head.
I find the whining completely amusing. I've been reading it all day cause I'm stuck for 11 hours at work being sicker than I've ever been in 2 years.
Quote from Nobo :Hey

I was just woundering if any 1 knows how to get a Ferrari for free? if someone could give me his Ferrari i would be so happy Thanx.

Merry Christmas and Have a Happy New Year

Mike

Merry Christmas Mika

From all at Sonicrealms Racing
This patch brought me back to LFS again! I stopped racing about 1,5 year ago because my internet connection at the time was lagging terribly, when I received the email about the new patch I decided to give it another try with my new provider (and new PC!) and I'm loving it!

I love the new clutch, I used to be a powershifter so had no idea what was going on when I suddenly lost drive after about 4 laps on AS3 with my FZR, but after adjusting my driving style and lift the pedal a bit when upshifting things were great!

I've never been a demo driver, I purchased the S2 license immediately as I knew this was going to be a racing simulator I'd love, but I can't understand what the demo drivers are complaining about... You've been given a Formula BMW to drive instead of a sissy XRT!
okey, i have accepted that XRT is no more, but, why the heck demo drivers cant drive blackwood rev, and rallycross rev. ???
:thumbsdow
Because those tracks aren't in the demo.
Quote from hõbe :okey, i have accepted that XRT is no more, but, why the heck demo drivers cant drive blackwood rev, and rallycross rev. ???
:thumbsdow

One direction demonstrates product so that one can buy it to get other directions, lot of other tracks, new cars and also XRT, so make good decision today and buy your S1 or S2 license, it will be best investment that you have ever made to any software product
Until you buy into the product, you have absolutely no rights whatsoever for any of your whinges, gripes or moans to have any credibility within the community.
y patch sucks (sorry)
I m playing liveforspeed from the early days of the release of the game, played, demo, s1 release, s2 release, and now the Y update is released.

The last update sucks...why?

- the shifting with the clutch is not reall, we are playing a race game and auto clutch is in all games avail. and you guys removed it.

- second of all, the race tyres are heating up to much, is not reallistic, i ll race my self with motorcycles like R1 en suzuki GSXR, using racing tyres also, you need one lap to get the tyre on temp and the second lap you can use the full potential.
In LFS after one lap you tyres heat up to 120 degrees??? that s not even near reallism...!!

- rev the engine was good in the X version you had a little room of using the power of the engine now first red line bang engine hits rev limiter, is not realistic, normal car or race car you can over rev with 1000 rpm over red line!

- the new racing car is with shifting useless, cant shift when you want you need to leave the throttle than press the key on keyboard and hopefully it will shift....so ...drove the new car 2 laps...and never after.

the X patch was nice, liked it very much, now the Y patch,....try to play the game but i m thinking to search for another race game because the fun i had playing this is over....

the game was very good ....please restore the old features and invest your time to create new tracks and new cars....than i will pay for the next versie... s3 or something...but this sucks.

my favorite racegame for a few years now.... suckes big time.
Quote from napo2000 :I m playing liveforspeed from the early days of the release of the game, played, demo, s1 release, s2 release, and now the Y update is released.

The last update sucks...why?

- the shifting with the clutch is not reall, we are playing a race game and auto clutch is in all games avail. and you guys removed it.

- second of all, the race tyres are heating up to much, is not reallistic, i ll race my self with motorcycles like R1 en suzuki GSXR, using racing tyres also, you need one lap to get the tyre on temp and the second lap you can use the full potential.
In LFS after one lap you tyres heat up to 120 degrees??? that s not even near reallism...!!

- rev the engine was good in the X version you had a little room of using the power of the engine now first red line bang engine hits rev limiter, is not realistic, normal car or race car you can over rev with 1000 rpm over red line!

- the new racing car is with shifting useless, cant shift when you want you need to leave the throttle than press the key on keyboard and hopefully it will shift....so ...drove the new car 2 laps...and never after.

the X patch was nice, liked it very much, now the Y patch,....try to play the game but i m thinking to search for another race game because the fun i had playing this is over....

the game was very good ....please restore the old features and invest your time to create new tracks and new cars....than i will pay for the next versie... s3 or something...but this sucks.

my favorite racegame for a few years now.... suckes big time.

FFS, autoclutch is still there, the only difference is you have to lift, like IRL.

Secondly, you CAN'T compare bike tyres to car tyres, it's like comparing apples to oranges.
Quote from napo2000 :- the shifting with the clutch is not reall, we are playing a race game and auto clutch is in all games avail. and you guys removed it.

What?
Quote :- second of all, the race tyres are heating up to much, is not reallistic, i ll race my self with motorcycles like R1 en suzuki GSXR, using racing tyres also, you need one lap to get the tyre on temp and the second lap you can use the full potential.

Your motorcycle racing tyres are probably closer to R3s or R4s, try them in LFS and magically they heat up slower just like in real life.
Quote :- rev the engine was good in the X version you had a little room of using the power of the engine now first red line bang engine hits rev limiter, is not realistic, normal car or race car you can over rev with 1000 rpm over red line!

It depends on the car really. But why LFS has so limited revs is probably something to do with real life engines braking down when overrevving which LFS doesn't have. Maybe in the future we can rev our engines higher, but they will break down if you do that..
Quote :- the new racing car is with shifting useless, cant shift when you want you need to leave the throttle than press the key on keyboard and hopefully it will shift....so ...drove the new car 2 laps...and never after.

You have to drive it like real life.

Quote :i m thinking to search for another race game because the fun i had playing this is over....

Bye bye, have fun with rFactor or Need for Speed or what ever
Quote from napo2000 :

So...other arcade games are setting the realism standards now? LFS doesn't simulate other race games, it simulates real life cars. Cars have manual clutches in real life don't they? The auto-clutch is still there anyway, all you have to do is lift the throttle for an instant. You use some really twisted logic there. Please realise LFS aims to be a racing simulator, not an arcade racing game.

Quote :

All depends on what compound you're using. If they heat up too fast take the next harder compound.

Quote :

Is it so hard to lift the throttle? Do you flat-shift in your own car?

Quote :
please restore the old features and invest your time to create new tracks and new cars....than i will pay for the next versie... s3 or something...but this sucks.

It will not be restored to the previous version. New tracks and cars will come anyway at some point (a new one car was added to this patch for crying out loud), but the main focus will still be improving the realism. So it will probably get even harder for you.
The clutch...
I was out of LFS for nearly a year, due to previous wheel wearing out, and other life things. Just bought myself a G-25 for Christmas, and got back to LFS X patch, was having a ball, then Y patch, and thought I was going nuts. I couldn't work out why driving in sequential shifter mode the engine wouldn't cut on the up shift. Now realize Y patch removed all that, and I wasn't going insane!

My opinion is this is BAD, and should remain an option.

MANY GT race cars with sequential shifters have engine cut out on the up shift, and throttle blip on the down. So why get rid of it for everything?

Now I also have a problem I haven't quite sorted out a fix for yet.

When I'm driving a shifter car and I try and double clutch, I can't use the brake and use my heel to blip the throttle on the down shift at the same time (have done this since I learnt to drive a 1962 Mini with the synchro gears all worn out). Compounding this is there appears to be no inertia at all modelled in the drive train and gearbox between gears. Out of gear and clutched it feels like NOTHING is spinning in an instant!? The end result; ALOT of compression lock up and slides (did you know a big V8 can generate up to 700 foot pounds of braking torque), and apparently there is nothing I can do about it in Y patch, because there is no point trying to 'heel' the throttle to help synch the revs on the down shift.

Any ideas anyone how I can set up my G-25 so I can get throttle and brake to work at the same time?

Other than that, I can see many people having throttle potentiometers wearing out prematurely due to now having to manually 'pump' off the throttle then floor it again during gear changes. That's what happened to my last wheel controller, now it will happen twice as fast.

Still an awesome sim, and just getting better.
Quote from Pist-N-Broke :Other than that, I can see many people having throttle potentiometers wearing out prematurely due to now having to manually 'pump' off the throttle then floor it again during gear changes. That's what happened to my last wheel controller, now it will happen twice as fast.

This "pumping the throttle" business is very misleading. You hardly have to lift at all...a few millimetres at most. The same goes for blipping on downshifts.
Quote from Pist-N-Broke :MANY GT race cars with sequential shifters have engine cut out on the up shift, and throttle blip on the down. So why get rid of it for everything?

"Many" doesn't mean that all sequential gearboxes have throttle cut. Some cars have throttle cut in LFS, but not all.
Quote from Pist-N-Broke :
MANY GT race cars with sequential shifters have engine cut out on the up shift, and throttle blip on the down. So why get rid of it for everything?

MANY LFS GT race cars with sequential shifters have engine cut out on the up shift. So why are you moaning?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG