The online racing simulator
Quote from FQ400 :Ok I am a little upset with the new patch Y. Don't get me wrong all the updates are amazing and everything else but, after I updated I went on to play and realized that ALL my setups are gone. I still have everything else such as skins, engine sounds, etc. but, all of my setups are gone. I'm a drifter in the game and had many many setups for almost every car and now I have to restart. I know some people are going to say suck it up and make them again, but it's not as easy as it sounds. Anyone else upset about this problem?

EDIT: Beaten :P
Quote from troy :- the tires got changed so they heat up more, right. adapt your setup (mostly driving the harder tire with same or a tad lower pressure is enough)

- the redlines got changed to more realistic values, again adapt your setup (the gearing in that case) and you will be fine.

- if you can't downshift you do something wrong. is that in some of the formula cars? if yes, you need to blip the throttle when downshifting.

I know how to change my setup, I developed mine on my own, the problem is that I as a "mediate player" simply don't have the time to always change the setup to different needs.

And changing the set to less tire heating will even make the set slower as already it became and since I know the nice feeling before I am not satisfied with that!

Well I got my own game "Schlacht um Kyoto" in development and I know I have to make changes and not everyone can be happy with them but some just have to be done.
But I try to keep player-depression but cut-downs as low as possible.

My favourite car was FOX on Blackwood since my start in LFS in 2005, but now the car I loved and the this awesome track are crippled in my eyes and now I have to question myself if I can leave those awesome times behind and become familiar with what has been made out if (but I doubt that at the moment)... :'(
The reason for the tyre heating changed was, that in pre-Y the softest tyres (which are supposed to simulate hotlapping/qualifying tyres) were used for entire races, heck even endurance races. Now you actually have to choose compounds that are more corresponding to compounds you'd choose in real racing (i.e. not the softest ones with incredible grip).
I see your point there, but the fun is gone for me right now...
Quote from Lhunathwen :I see your point there, but the fun is gone for me right now...

Don't give up so soon. Reaclimate yourself to the new patch. Everyone will be (somewhat) slower, and the racing will be better than ever. Just give it a little time.
Quote from Ssr_Nick :They say making improvments... to me they have made it worse..

Let's get this finished, eh?

In what way, EXACTLY worse? In what way are you going to be less competitive? How have YOU been hindered more than anyone else?

And, being English, I don't have to bow down to you, so you have to reply. Maturely.
Quote from FQ400 :Ok I am a little upset with the new patch Y. Don't get me wrong all the updates are amazing and everything else but, after I updated I went on to play and realized that ALL my setups are gone. I still have everything else such as skins, engine sounds, etc. but, all of my setups are gone. I'm a drifter in the game and had many many setups for almost every car and now I have to restart. I know some people are going to say suck it up and make them again, but it's not as easy as it sounds. Anyone else upset about this problem?

Easily fixed.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=34759
or
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=623279#post623279
or
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=34784
-
(vunka) DELETED by vunka
The new formula in demo is slower on straights than XRT but in curves its 10 times faster than XRT. And one more thing i cant see how much kmh I go when i watch form cockpit
I hope that means you like it!

On the steering wheel there is a digital speed read-out.
i cant believe people are complaining about the new patch....because they are slower. Pfft. the new layout for blackwood is safer. the curbs are alot better in design terms. also people are complaining that they cant just rip through the gears without damage. obviously they have forgotten what a SIMULATOR is. Everyone is slower when a major patch is released, then once they get used to it they get faster.
Overall a great patch , although i don't like the removal of "throttle blip on downshift", especially with autoclutch enabled. On some (well, most) controllers it's at least pretty hard to blip the throttle on downshift manually, since most pedals don't allow heel-toe (placed too far apart or the axis are combined). With autoclutch it's very hard to time right, since you obviously don't have control over the clutch.
Quote from Ssr_Nick :will do.. but ill enjoy not going over a second slower..

I mean seen as we FUND this game they should atleast let us know of changes before hand and have a vote of what to do and what not to do..

and blackwood is now SHIT!!

And seeing as the devs don't do it for the money you should STFU It's their game, and they make it what they want it to be
Quote from kingfag :Overall a great patch , although i don't like the removal of "throttle blip on downshift", especially with autoclutch enabled. On some (well, most) controllers it's at least pretty hard to blip the throttle on downshift manually, since most pedals don't allow heel-toe (placed too far apart or the axis are combined). With autoclutch it's very hard to time right, since you obviously don't have control over the clutch.

I realized that, too, not being able to downshift.
And I get more and more the feeling that you're left behind without specific hardware, without superior knowledge about how a racing-car has to be handled (is there any tutorial for it <<about LFS>> since in the end it is different compared to reality! ).

So I'm beginning to say what people say to me when I tell them about LFS:
>> That's just to complicated for me.

There are more and more parts that have to be trained and I don't have the necessary time, thus I'm really sad since LFS was the only racing game I liked.
Quote from JohnUK89 :And seeing as the devs don't do it for the money you should STFU It's their game, and they make it what they want it to be

This is no argument, a game is made for the players and NOT for the developers!
I know a coulpe of game that had to be given up since developers thought they can do what they want without taking the players wished in conclusion.

(just in common theory, not that I want to say this was the end of LFS)
Quote from evosports :Everyone is slower when a major patch is released, then once they get used to it they get faster.

Huh! You really think so, eh?

Quote from Somewen :
The patch contains many updates including :

- New reasons to whine for a week or two
- Automated per player discrimination:
-- RPM Redline reduction for male players under 22
-- Clutch overheating only for YOU
-- Engine inertia based on sun signs (Sagittarius are not affected)
-- Gear changes made impossible at random intervals for people who's first name starts with a T

Quote from Lhunathwen :I realized that, too, not being able to downshift.
And I get more and more the feeling that you're left behind without specific hardware, without superior knowledge about how a racing-car has to be handled (is there any tutorial for it <<about LFS>> since in the end it is different compared to reality! ).

So I'm beginning to say what people say to me when I tell them about LFS:
>> That's just to complicated for me.

There are more and more parts that have to be trained and I don't have the necessary time, thus I'm really sad since LFS was the only racing game I liked.

Lol... the patch has been out for what.... 2 hours? Give it some time before you leap off the bridge...

You will need to re-learn a few things, as we all will. Don't be afraid of change.
This is just Scavier aiming towards their vision. It's what LFS has always been about - improving the sim. As always, some don't like it because they can't adapt to change, but in the long term you'll see that Scavier usually get it right.

One day setups will be limited - many won't like that.
One day chase view will disappear - some won't like that.

But LFS has always been like that, and if you embrace that mentality you'll get a LOT more pleasure out of LFS than just playing a game.
Quote from srdsprinter :Lol... the patch has been out for what.... 2 hours? Give it some time before you leap off the bridge...

You will need to re-learn a few things, as we all will. Don't be afraid of change.

This is no question of being afraid.

It's a question about neccessary time and gameplay-feeling in my oppinion.
I remember when the speedo was changed to show the actual drive shaft speed instead of the actual speed, people complained about it until there was no tomorrow! To this day some people still report it as a bug! And that was nothing compared to the changes brought by this patch!

Get used to it people! There is no going back! I have used only exclamation marks in this post!
Great patch!
Scawen, You and the others did great work! Have a break and merry Christmas!
Quote from Ssr_Nick :They say making improvments... to me they have made it worse.. HOW GAY!!..

and I will nto be told to grow up by a yank.. every American (even thought your all immigrants) is beneath me.. Im ENGLISH!!.. so you must bow down to me

Hey, you are slow so that makes you a homo.
Quote from Lhunathwen :This is no argument, a game is made for the players and NOT for the developers!
I know a coulpe of game that had to be given up since developers thought they can do what they want without taking the players wished in conclusion.

(just in common theory, not that I want to say this was the end of LFS)

No, the developers make a game that represents their vision of SIM racing, and we play it because we share the vision of the devs.
ThankYou!!!
Beautiful new graphics, wonderful work on the AI...they bump but do not wipe me out when passing; seems like a lot of upgrades in force feedback too. All around even more imersive and realistic driving experience than before.

Beautiful work as always, as we have come to expect from you.

You guys are AWESOME!

Enjoy your days and know you have added joy to all of ours.

Zucar

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG