The online racing simulator
If the whine is now this big, I can't wait for the next patch hopefully to address some tyre physics stuff. I already wet my pants thinking about the "I can't driftorz full laps on the oval anymore" flame.
Quote from Lhunathwen :I realized that, too, not being able to downshift.
And I get more and more the feeling that you're left behind without specific hardware, without superior knowledge about how a racing-car has to be handled (is there any tutorial for it <<about LFS>> since in the end it is different compared to reality! ).

So I'm beginning to say what people say to me when I tell them about LFS:
>> That's just to complicated for me.

There are more and more parts that have to be trained and I don't have the necessary time, thus I'm really sad since LFS was the only racing game I liked.

In that last sentence, you made very clear where you are wrong... LfS isn't a game, it's a simulator... You wouldn't knock Flight Simulator because you touched down too hard and broke your landing gear, would you? You also wouldn't moan about the fact that it's hard to control a plane with a keyboard in Flight Simulator, am I right?
And lastly, one thing people always seem to forget: LfS is a work in progress, hence the "Alpha"-Tag! That means that it's not a question about IF changes will happen, but WHEN!

Personally, I'm happier than ever with LfS, and there are so much more things I'd like seeing added that will make LfS ten, twenty times harder than it is right now...

Great work Scavier, despite some loudmouths, YOU DID WELL! Have happy holidays, you deserve them...
Good patch, thanks dev team.

However, I think it's pretty awful that the setup renaming isnt done by the patch, it's something so simple to do, and it's going to lead to an avalance of posts asking where peoples setups have gone, poor show IMO.
Quote from Dillyracer :No, the developers make a game that represents their vision of SIM racing, and we play it because we share the vision of the devs.

Yes you're right, since the point in LFS is, that they don't have to care about those that already payed and the open further selling possibilities with drstic changes. *lol*
I almost forgot Thank you ScaViEr for this wonderful new patch!
Thank you, all three of you, for your hard work on this. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Quote from bbman :In that last sentence, you made very clear where you are wrong... LfS isn't a game, it's a simulator... You wouldn't knock Flight Simulator because you touched down too hard and broke your landing gear, would you? You also wouldn't moan about the fact that it's hard to control a plane with a keyboard in Flight Simulator, am I right?
And lastly, one thing people always seem to forget: LfS is a work in progress, hence the "Alpha"-Tag! That means that it's not a question about IF changes will happen, but WHEN!

Personally, I'm happier than ever with LfS, and there are so much more things I'd like seeing added that will make LfS ten, twenty times harder than it is right now...

Great work Scavier, despite some loudmouths, YOU DID WELL! Have happy holidays, you deserve them...

I totally have to agree with you.
But as it is with games that are more and more complex/ difficult, the amount of people that can come up with it decreases.

And I'm out if for now, I don't have the time to keep up.
Maybe I'll play sometimes just for fun, but not for serious racing anymore.
I have no problems saying that I'm not able to keep up.

Or they shall at least write a tutorial on how to drive a racing car in LFS, breaking, shifting, steering, accellerating, and not stressing the car too much, not only technical stuff about parts of the car!
The "ct" what ever that bar is on the F9/10 menu, seems to break easy im not sure what ct stands for but with the other cars when doing burnouts it hardly goes up but on the new bmw i tried it for fun and the car instantly breaks and the car looses all its "drive" and revs but doesnt move..any one care to explain what the "ct" is thanks
Quote from danowat :Good patch, thanks dev team.

However, I think it's pretty awful that the setup renaming isnt done by the patch, it's something so simple to do, and it's going to lead to an avalance of posts asking where peoples setups have gone, poor show IMO.

Totally agree with you. Join a random server and you`ll see this lines "WHERE IS ALL MY SETUPS?!?! OMFG I HATE THIS PATCH"
Seen a line like that at least 50 times today..
Quote from azagedon :The "ct" what ever that bar is on the F9/10 menu, seems to break easy im not sure what ct stands for but with the other cars when doing burnouts it hardly goes up but on the new bmw i tried it for fun and the car instantly breaks and the car looses all its "drive" and revs but doesnt move..any one care to explain what the "ct" is thanks

Clutch temperature.
thanks a lot and enjoy your vacation lads

btw is there a x39->y changelog somewhere ?
I think the changelog would consist of:
- Changed version number from X39 to Y

thats my guess as well but it would still be nice to have my mind put to rest by a confirmation from above
Quote from Lhunathwen :I have no problems saying that I'm not able to keep up.

Or they shall at least write a tutorial on how to drive a racing car in LFS, breaking, shifting, steering, accellerating, and not stressing the car too much, not only technical stuff about parts of the car!

I'm sorry you feel this way.

I think you'll see the LFS mentality slowly but surely shift away from the hotlap race mentality. Racing isn't just about the fastest lap. I hope you will be able to come back to lfs in the future.

Anyway, I agree about your idea in bold. It would be very helpfull if such a tutorial were included.
I've driven a bit in the new patch Y, and I like what I've seen/felt. It's moving towards more realism, not forgeting the pleasure of a videogame, which is very good.

Thanks.
I assume nothing has changed from X39 to this?

Great work, last week has been brilliant on your behalf.
Yeah thank you LFS team Merry christmas and thanks for putting so much time in it
Well this really sucks, I can not drive (some will say how can you tell?) with my current device, a joystick.

Suppose I'll have to buy a G25 now

BTW, South City (my fav) is even better, there's something very cool about it. And Chicane Course... oh yes! :yummy:

Very good job!
Marry christmas and happy new year LFS team from me
Thanks Devs and have a great Xmas

regards Jack L.
Quote from Lhunathwen :Or they shall at least write a tutorial on how to drive a racing car in LFS, breaking, shifting, steering, accellerating, and not stressing the car too much, not only technical stuff about parts of the car!

I do in LfS exactly as I would in real life and never had any problems... Anyway, if you need help with something, you'll always find someone who's willing to help you out...
Thanks devs, always nice to get early presents :up:

May the Flying Spaghetti Monster touch you & your loved ones with his noodly appendage this Christmas.
Fantastic! I love you Scavier!
Great job ! Very pleased with the end result. It was fun to watch the progress through the various test patches.

Have a merry christmas and enjoy your time off.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG