The online racing simulator
I think someone needs to write a patch Y FAQ because there certainly are a lot of frequently asked, er, questions. It strikes me that there is a lot of misunderstanding about the clutch, the transmission, setups, and various things relating to the patch.

It would probably help the aggression levels on the forum if we could just point someone at the FAQ when they have questions or gripes. Something that explains things in a polite, friendly, easy to understand way.

Of course, I would be happy to do it, but I'm too new to this and someone else could do a much better job of it.

(or, if there already is one, it should be posted and stickied)

Love,
Aero
Patch Y is so good, that new car the FBM is so much better than the XRT thank you Devs. HAVE A MERY CHRISTMAS
Bullshit, demo users online reached new long time record after patch Y, now if XRT was only reason for 1/3rd to drive(drift) then how come there is no decrease, but increase?

Certainly demo drifters have to be quite small but noisy crowd in this light.

Demo is not free game, it is just demo, if you like from it, you should buy it, maybe something like after 2 months your controllers work only for 10 minutes would be ok to be put into demo, that should at least give some message.

But as of current, demo is great thing LFS devs give practically free to people have race with, complaining about that is not very nice, how many other game demo you can actually use to have more fun than most full games?
I think a reasonable thing to do with a demo is limit the number of laps you can set up a race to be, or limit the number of grid spots, or disable pitstops... that sort of thing. Nothing too drastic but enough to make it seem a little constricted beyond just the limited cars and tracks. I imagine the developers have it figured out pretty well and know what they're doing though.

I would say the number of demo-racers is actually a good thing. It's better to have them playing the demo than nothing at all or a different sim entirely. I suppose it's similar (though not as immoral) to pirated software in a way- if someone is going to pirate software anyways, it's better that they pirate yours than your competitors (I believe Steve Balmer said something to this effect).

One day the demo racers will grow up, or get a job, or whatever and most of them will probably eventually buy the game. It would be interesting to know the average length of time users who upgrade to S2 or S1 spent with the demo. I probably had the demo for a year, though I didn't play it much at all, before I bought my license.

Love,
Aero

ed: Oh, it says right there by my name. Almost one year exactly.
Fantastic Patch
First of all i want you say thanks to Scawen, for this realistic physic update. I prefer the FOX FO8 BF1 and the new BMW. So i can say that with the patch the Cars are more realistic than ever. And also the small changes with the not repair damage option is very good.
So I like the work you guys do and with this game you realize one of my youth dream (since Ferrari Formula (Amiga) I dream of a Racing Simultation).

I wish everyone how loves lfs and the Team of LFS merry christmas and a Happy New Year!

[DoKu]coolxiang and the [DoKu] Team!!!
One thing that i dont understand is = what fun is LFS without the S2 licence ?? I cant and do not wont to understand how someone can drive around with only 3 cars !! well now 2 cars
3 cars
Quote from W1ldPort75 :One thing that i dont understand is = what fun is LFS without the S2 licence ?? I cant and do not wont to understand how someone can drive around with only 3 cars !! well now 2 cars

no! They still have 3 cars in the demo, the FBM is a new demo car.
Quote from Dudin : drift with XRG... I expected someone like you btw more than 1/3 demo servers was drift....

and none of these had a single person on at any time of day that was able to drift even just one corner
the drifters worth watching have always been on s2 so its not a big loss to get rid of all the freeloaders
freeloaders.....wow thanks

its a shame about the xrt
thanks scawen
Quote from superslider :freeloaders.....wow thanks

its a shame about the xrt
thanks scawen

What do you want to be called?

The demo is Not being used as a demonstration of LFS, it's being used as a full game in itself.

If you consider it a shame at all, then you'd find a way to buy the game you like so much.
Good Point srdsprinter, never thought of it that way.
Was a bit confused about the XRT being removed from the demo version as it was the main car to use but I guess this also works against it...

Overall I personally have had no issues so far with the new patch and can't find any negative issues to whinge about!
it will be a better game?
With BMW partnership is there any kind of conditions/benefits/money for do LFS the best of the best? Ok, actually is the best.
Quote from gp4racer :With BMW partnership is there any kind of conditions/benefits/money for do LFS the best of the best? Ok, actually is the best.

There is no BMW partnership.

The BF1 was a partnership with Intel and the FBM is a partnership with another company I forgot the name of. It's a coincidence that both cars are BMWs. AFAIK.
Quote from zeugnimod :There is no BMW partnership.

The BF1 was a partnership with Intel and the FBM is a partnership with another company I forgot the name of. It's a coincidence that both cars are BMWs. AFAIK.

I just don't want LFS to turn into another BMW Challenge Game :hidesbehi
Quote from zeugnimod :

Fortec and V1. It's a F BMW because the prize for V1 is a F BMW drive (or test, more likely) for Fortec.
Quote from scoobyrbac :I just don't want LFS to turn into another BMW Challenge Game :hidesbehi

Yep i agree!

Are scavier team afraid to get a partnership with anybody and not to loose the control of the game? I dunno but this great game with some support can be better...IMO
Quote from duke_toaster :Fortec and V1. It's a F BMW because the prize for V1 is a F BMW drive (or test, more likely) for Fortec.

Will the prize include travel/airfare? I assume the test will take place somewhere in the UK, but what happens if the winner is outside the UK? If the prize is a race seat in the championship (I have doubts), how will that work? It seems unlikely that the winner will be able to take months out of work / school / life in order to race in a serious open-wheel series if he usually only simraces.

Anyone have any info about the V1 championship itself? The official site requires a login, it has no Wikipedia page, so all I can find is the little blurb from LFS with the Patch Y announcement.
You won't win it by setting a WR or winning lots of public races on LFS. LFS will just be used in a simulator before putting the drivers in the real car, to teach them the basics. If it is on TV in 2008 then they probably already have drivers lined up to take part.
Quote from FastGuy21 :b4 i crash lfs and no1 would be abel to play!! :'( f***n gay game, how am i suposed to drift in a shit car that cant drift!!
lfs> :chairs:<me =D

You need anger management.
Quote from FastGuy21 :y did u get rid of the xrt for demo racers?? lfs suck ass now, i loved playing lfs to drift in xrt and now i cant do it!!, i swere im crying now lmao, now i cant enjoy a great game coz my perents wont let me get a licence, plz bring the xrt back to the demo!! b4 i crash lfs and no1 would be abel to play!! :'( f***n gay game, how am i suposed to drift in a shit car that cant drift!!
lfs> :chairs:<me =D

Add LFS S2 to your next years Christmas list
Quote from Lateralus :Will the prize include travel/airfare? I assume the test will take place somewhere in the UK, but what happens if the winner is outside the UK?

It's probably open to UK drivers only, it's almost deffo only for UK TV (not sure on who the broadcaster is but I doubt it's going to be a terrestrial one at a decent time ...).
Quote from duke_toaster :It's probably open to UK drivers only, it's almost deffo only for UK TV (not sure on who the broadcaster is but I doubt it's going to be a terrestrial one at a decent time ...).

I expect it will be something like ITV, since they cover the FBMC in their motorsport show on ITV1, and put most of their longer motorsport programs on ITV4.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I expect it will be something like ITV, since they cover the FBMC in their motorsport show on ITV1,

Yeah, the middle of the night one that's about a month behind
Quote from duke_toaster :Yeah, the middle of the night one that's about a month behind

Yeh but it means they have the rights to show it, and Fortec are well known to them. I can't remember the name, but ITV did have a show where a bunch of women raced against each other for a place in a team I think. At least I think it was ITV.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG