Quote :
  • Better multithread engine with dx9 support NO -
  • Smoother online gameplay (less lags)
  • smoke from exhaust
  • all keys customizable (like F9-F12)
  • can enter garage by driving in it
  • animated gear lever
  • better collision detection

Better multithread engine with dx9 support? NO - DX9 is not needed .

Multithreading? lfs is pretty damned fast.... do we really need it? - any single core 1.6ghz celeron can run LFS just fine.

So in the 'modern' era - multi-threading now - isn't going to make that much difference to LFS....

...and I'll bet it is threaded already in some areas....

Whats wrong with the collision detection? Only the damage physics seem off a bit....
Quote from CodieMorgan :
Multithreading? lfs is pretty damned fast.... do we really need it? - any single core 1.6ghz celeron can run LFS just fine.

no way in frikkin hell ! i had that,and it was like crap,maybe driving alone sure.lfs is all about cpu. all u need is a good proc,dont even need a video card..
A friend of mine runs LFS on 1,14GHz processor, 6 years old computer.
IMO LFS is too permissive with this, whenever there is a little update a lot of people with "ancient computers" complain about having to spend a bit of money once in a decade...
Quote from e2mustang :no way in frikkin hell ! i had that,and it was like crap,maybe driving alone sure.lfs is all about cpu. all u need is a good proc,dont even need a video card..

You have answered in a way that gives me an excuse to troll you...

DirectX does not render on your Processor - sorry ....

There is no Software Rasterizer for LFS - what you just said ... is bullshit.

If you unplug your graphics card - the PC will fall back to Onboard Graphics.

A pc without either a Onboard GPU or a GFX card - WILL NOT run LFS - because LFS does not have a emulated software rasterizer.

I ran LFS for 1.5 years on a 1.6 ghz Celeron - All Gpraphics run on a GFX card - especially if LFS makes good use of VBO memory to store mesh and some other data on a graphics card.

The reason it ran fast - was because I had a decent 256MB Radeon. GFX cards make the difference on ALL OPENGL and DIRECTX GAMES...

Ill say this one more time:

ONLY GAMES WITH SOFTWARE RASTERIZER SUPPORT/BUILT IN WILL RUN WITHOUT A GPU.

Modern Graphics cards even have Physics processing built in to tack that strain off of the CPU - LFS uses DirectX 8 - there is no ways in hell LFS will run without a GPU at all.

Even if Scawen decides to upgrade the API to DX9 ( not higher, as the highest available for XP is 9c ) - everyone here will still be able to play it - as he can still also 'leave' the DX8 api functionality in game for the 'rare fallback'.

Go study a modern set of computer books - I suggest the latest "For Dummies" series in your case. Then - go learn some software programming in C/C++ and .Net - and then study Game Development - while reading GPU and PCI-E Pipeline stuff in the nvidius web pages....

Computers For Dummies,
Learn C++ - for dummies
Database Programming - For Dummies
Game Development for dummies, DirectX for Dummies, OpenGL for Dummies, Game Physics, AI, API's, 3D Modelling etc.....

Don't argue with a developer. You will lose....
what? lfs runs on my old pc i gave to mom, it has onboard graphics.. and it runs good coz its dual core(its still pos at 800 fsb) and i tell you i had a 1.6 or 1.8 amd,lfs ran like shit with few people,alone it was fine.Even Scawen said himself lfs is more about cpu than graphics cards,coz of the many data proccessed. now it was maybe 2or3 years ago. i dunno what changes since then.
Some suggestions by me.

*The driver (whos hands we can see when we drive and from the outside)
should change gears, his/her feet should move when pressing pedals.

*There should be different weathers, like night, rain, fog, ice and what ever.

*More options to "modify" the car, like different rims etc.

I'm sorry, if some of these suggestions are posted before!
A list of Insim suggestions can be found here.
- More colours for player names, messages
Quote from PoVo :- More colours for player names, messages

like rainbows much?
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :like rainbows much?

Is this necesary?, lately you are tolling all th you can, plz, stop posting silly answer or stupid answer...
Quote from Inouva :Is this necesary?, lately you are tolling all th you can, plz, stop posting silly answer or stupid answer...

Come on don't state the obvious, i've been trolling here since I first time came here

Just can't see a reason why more colors should be added, would give a headache reading nawbs names all letters in different colors
Its for teh cruzers obviusly, so they can have 5 diff cop tags colors and admin can have 5 admins under him with diff colors yo.
Maybe scawen will add 2 new colors in text and release it as new patch!!!

/ban cruise 999
Quote from Ales_M :Its for teh cruzers obviusly, so they can have 5 diff cop tags colors and admin can have 5 admins under him with diff colors yo.
Maybe scawen will add 2 new colors in text and release it as new patch!!!

/ban cruise 999

Right, then we will ask Scawen to release the colours only for cruise servers, so you can go cry

Grow up.

EDIT: Another suggestion - Ability to view username of person who kicked/banned the person disconnected via IS_CNL InSim packet.
I have to agree with albox96 I would like to see NASCAR COT car in LFS.
id like to see a workable loopdy loop for the UF1...
the colours are simply the same colours that served quake and every game based in it well for ~14 years now... same colour codes too
it was enough for the people who played quake world... it is enough for you
  • Access to the Layouts portion of the forum is allowed only to S2 licensed racers.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :
  • Access to the Layouts portion of the forum is allowed only to S2 licensed racers.

I disagree with this. I thinks it be good not to allow demo users access but I think S1 member should have access to the layout portion of the forum.
There is one Think i really miss!

A Hotseat mode like in Richard Burns.

I play often with friends on one Computer to Battle our Laptimes (successively). It would be nice to have such Offline competion Mode.
A place where you can enter the names of the drivers and see splittimes compare to each other.
Only an idea.
Options > Audio
  • We should be able to choose more type of files, not only .ogg
  • and we should have many more options to choose from...
Why more formats? OGG is good. You can convert the files to OGG.
Quote from Flame CZE :Why more formats? OGG is good. You can convert the files to OGG.

In these days, nobody uses .OGG.
Obviously adding .MP3, .PLS, .WAV and many more will make it a lot easier for us.
I did this post, especially for the .PLS file format.
Today's radio channels use that file format and it will be nice listening to them while driving. Maybe it will stimulate me to drive a bit more.
I'm really tired of converting audio files and a bit lazy probably from the holidays which are coming really soon.
Improving the communication system would probably be nice. At least the pitting part. If one of the players are lagging or when a player is connecting, then none of the players are able to pit. On drift servers it's easy to spin out, and it's not fun to not being able to move out of the way for other players.
Quote from Flame CZE :Why more formats? OGG is good. You can convert the files to OGG.

Converting to OGG will always decrease the quality of the audio.
Quote from Ni-san :Improving the communication system would probably be nice. At least the pitting part. If one of the players are lagging or when a player is connecting, then none of the players are able to pit. On drift servers it's easy to spin out, and it's not fun to not being able to move out of the way for other players.

Yes please!

But I am not sure if that is possible tho, due to the current netcode.

Suggested improvements log [READ before making a new thread]
(872 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG