The online racing simulator
* Brake heating, overheating
* Animation of selecting gears, handbrake and horn
* Rev limiter
* Smoke from exhaust(flame the gear shift)
* Damage the gearbox then select gear without press clutch (H gearbox) and sound of this "Krrrr"
* Part of car in mirrors
Quote from ORANGE2113 :* Brake heating, overheating
* Animation of selecting gears, handbrake and horn
* Rev limiter
* Smoke from exhaust(flame the gear shift)
* Damage the gearbox then select gear without press clutch (H gearbox) and sound of this "Krrrr"
* Part of car in mirrors

There is already a rev limiter that cuts the ignition (dumping the fuel in the exhaust manifold causing the car to sound like popcorn), but you maybe meant those street car types with a jumping RPM needle and an engine that sounds like "vRRRvRRRvRRRvRRR"?

Smoke from the exhaust will be nice. And flames too. I'd also like ALS. But then there should be some simulation of the engine, manifold and the turbo heating up and causing damage. The player should able to adjust how much the ALS should work. As more you set it to work, as faster the parts take damage and breaks down. If ALS will be added without heat simulation, then everyone will start driving with ALS.

Damage by heat will probably be most noticed at enduraces where they drive for hours. While with short races it do almost nothing. Also, many short races will do very little either since you start with a brand new car for each race.

If ALS gets added to the game, then heat damage should be added to. And the server admin should be able to allow/disallow ALS on the server.

If you don't know what ALS is, ALS stands for Anti-Lag System which prevents turbo lag by keeping the turbo pressure up after the driver has lifted the throttle. This is done by either cutting ignition dumping unburnt fuel into the manifold where it ignites by the heat, or causing a "retarded ignition" where the exhaust valve stays open and the spark plug fires about 45 degrees after it normally does. ALS causes huge wear on the engine, manifold and turbo doe to heat, and therefore it's not recommended to put on your road car.

I read that stuff on Wikipedia a long time when searching for "misfire system" which is another word for ALS that they use in the Initial D anime. I barely knows about cars in general.
SUGGESTION: Better banning system (demo users can make new accounts, ban by IP instead.)
SUGGESTION: More updated suggested improvements log (there had to be some changes since 2009)
Last edited by Scawen; 3rd December 2009 at 06:12.
?
Ban users by IP now when almost no one has public IP and most of internet users are put behind NAT with dynamic IP? Please no.
New Thread?
Hi,
I'm not sure how to post a new thread and have also looked for other threads for my need, but cannot find any, so I'll ask on this one

I'm new to LFS, so not sure how to create interior skins, so does anyone have a Fiesta 2002-2008 blue interior (public use) for the XR GT or request to be created?

Like this: http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp ... 07/06/fordxr4interior.jpg

Regards
Quote from Bigbob1993 :Ban users by IP now when almost no one has public IP and most of internet users are put behind NAT with dynamic IP? Please no.

Even better, MAC adress bans. Seen it being possible in other games, so why not?
Ofcourse, also changeable, but harder to do so.
hmm, i thought making LFS into 2 parts or 3
like one is demo and second is full , if u buy license (S1,S2) , then u can download full.
i think that helps keep away crackers ..
but there always someone who leak full game into internet .
maybe it works, idk
Quote from Stiggie :Even better, MAC adress bans. Seen it being possible in other games, so why not?
Ofcourse, also changeable, but harder to do so.

When a PC is behind a router the MAC address isn't visible as the MAC address is part of the Layer2 operation and IP operates at Layer3.

If LFS bans on MAC address it would be banning the router attached to the server as the MAC of all IP connections to the server would have the MAC address of the local router. Thats how IP routing works, the Layer3 data is encapsulated inside layer2 ethernet frames, so routers are stripping and re-encapsulating the Layer2 frames at every hop.

Other Games do it, but most would use Punkbuster. LFS would have to interogate the PC hardware to create a hardware signature which could be based on MAC address, HDD serial number, CPU ID etc (like how punkbuster does it). It is possible, but I think that the DEV team have higher priorities and if they wanted to do something like that it would be easier to license Punkbuster, but that would involve what imagine are large fees.
Except Gandlers, Scawen has access to the clients machine. Before doing a "ban", Scawen can have the client submit a MAC address (for ban), and then the server, upon receipt, can just do the ban.

It'd be overkill, but possible.
@Dawesdust
Just wanted to point out it wasnt a simple "ban by MAC" option. It would involve client probing as the IP connection wouldnt hold the client MAC.
It can be done, and it would be more effictive than banning by IP as virtually all ISP use dynamic pools so reseting the router gives you a new IP and effectively unbans you (if ISPs were forced by IANA to use persistent leases, i.e 28 days, then an IP ban would last 28 days and stop morons who thrive on wrecking on multiple demo accounts). Whether Scawen wants to, or has time to implement it is another matter.
Yeah, for sure. People saying "Ban MAC" is silly becuase it isn't publically known. IP is the only thing that can reliably track a connection (as that's IP's whole idea in existing).
There's a few improvements I'd like.

Adding servers to favorites. There's certain servers I often play on, and I'd like to add them to favorites so I don't have to look through the server list to find it again.

And make autokick work on training mode. On my (demo) drift server half of the drivers were driving wrong way, even with autokick on. Took me a while to find out until I put 990 laps on it. Works, but kind of silly.
Quote from Ni-san :...and make autokick work on training mode. On my (demo) drift server half of the drivers were driving wrong way, even with autokick on. Took me a while to find out until I put 990 laps on it. Works, but kind of silly.

You can also put /hours=48 and it will act as a 'race' with autokick working.
Rig of Rods
Dear Dev's

Can you please make the crash physics like "Rig of Rods", an open source physics based car, truck, boat, and aeroplane simulator which i am sure you are aware of. It has Soft body physics. the best crash physics i have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... Tt8oU&feature=related

http://www.rigsofrods.com/content/

edit: I know this kind of damage simulation is heavy on the processor and FPS for those with slower machines, but to have it available as an option would be good.

Hi there!
I have read the log and I have one suggestion to make related to aerodynamics.

It's about ground effect in cars that have diffuser-flat bottom. The actual physics doesn't mind the height between the bottom of the car and the ground.

The ground effect is similar with a very high setup and a low one. This isn't real.

The less space there is between the bottom and the ground the more downforce you generate.

On the other hand, if the bottom of the car touch the ground, the diffuser-flat bottom stops generating downforce and even worse, part of the weight of the car rests on it, wich results in high understeer.

I think this isn't too difficult to simulate. Just taking some reference points of the distance between the flat bottom and the ground...

Thanks!!
I would like to suggest that servers can force that the racing line is always off. I wonder how the online racing would change if nobody could see that pretty green/yellow and red line

This is a serious comment. I would much rather be racing with other people who are using real track cues for their braking points and turn ins. I think the racing line (press 4 on the keys) takes some of the skill from the game. Any chance we can have this an option on the server so that racers cannot switch it on?
Enable forced cockpit view or select an open config.
Quote from boothy :Enable forced cockpit view or select an open config.

Ahh... now I just need to tempt the CG2 server guys to enable forced cockpit view
Quote from yeager :I would like to suggest that servers can force that the racing line is always off. I wonder how the online racing would change if nobody could see that pretty green/yellow and red line

no1 is using that while racing or at all
A filter to hide Demo hosts on S2.
Quote from ChristijaNL :A filter to hide Demo hosts on S2.

You can do this on LFSWorld right now, though it makes little sense to have it on LFSW but not in game. I would also like to be able to filter by open-layout (inclusive, exclusive, both) in LFSW and in game.
Yes sorry i mean in-game.
i'd like to see New Weather's EX:[ Rain - Snow - Night ]
New Cars .. [ Front Wheel V8 , Rear Wheel V6 4doors ]
NEW Objects for example The Trees in Blackwood i can Move it or Change his place .. Everything in the map
i can control on it.
i guess it's the time for them
i hope to see my suggestions in S3

*Sorry for my English .. it's bad
i hope you understand me
Quote from ni-san :there's a few improvements i'd like.

Adding servers to favorites. There's certain servers i often play on, and i'd like to add them to favorites so i don't have to look through the server list to find it again.

And make autokick work on training mode. On my (demo) drift server half of the drivers were driving wrong way, even with autokick on. Took me a while to find out until i put 990 laps on it. Works, but kind of silly.

+1
Dont forget to read some posts too

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG