The online racing simulator
Ok so today in Redline Racing, i had a brilliant thought, that i guess so many others have possibly had. What about the introduction of voice communication within LFS? Obviously make it an optional feature for every server, with the ability to mute others player, much like Counter Strike. Much like CS the bandwidth isnt hefty but this can be changed by the server to allow for better or worse quality depending on bandwidth allowance.

Im sure someone else mentioned it, and yes there are a few reason why it'd be a horrible idea (idiots screaming, verbal abuse) but as everyone can hear it, it can be dealt with accordingly. And with the added option of muting certain players, it would kill out all the annoying gits. The only remaining issue is the fact every speaks a different language, but im sure that wont be much of an issue, and quite fun!

P.S : It would also give me an advantage, making everyone laugh and crash, and then laughing at them for crashing. EVERY LITTLE HELPS!
i just had an idea

ban voting by clicking on the minimap
Quote from Shotglass :i just had an idea

ban voting by clicking on the minimap

Or maybe the game could hilight the dot of the player when you move your cursor over the player's name in the connections menu?
Quote from Hyperactive :Or maybe the game could hilight the dot of the player when you move your cursor over the player's name in the connections menu?

+1, just make them glow slightly, it would look very snazzy and give you an outline of where they are!
Quote from Hyperactive :Or maybe the game could hilight the dot of the player when you move your cursor over the player's name in the connections menu?

fine by me ... just some way to easily tell whos blocking the road
I'd like to get back to the replays-menu when I stop a replay (hit ESC).
Also I think you can restart an SPR by pressing "1" and this seems not to work with MPRs. It would be nice if it did.

Awesome thread!
Quote from benwild_33 : i think it would be good if you could have money and as you et better you can get engine upgrades and handling upgrades.

i do not mean visual upgrades cos then u might as well just get need for speed

engine upgrades - why? everyone gets the fastest kit, and the n00bs never win a race to earn money to keep up!
And if they want to win, you should have different classes, like normal, slightly tuned, fully tuned... normal, GTR, ...
I want both the fps and the clock to be able to be displayed at the same time, not just either one of em
Not sure, if it hasn't been mentioned before, but it can be very helpful to be able to set colors directly by the numbers, so you could set the color exactly.
Pits related:

Option to set "pit windows" like in DTM, where you have to pit between laps a to b and the second time between laps x to z. At least they used to have this system. So there is a predefined laps when you are allowed to pit...
"+ Deleting mprs/sprs ingame"

That's in the test patch already isn't it!?
Quote from PLAYLIFE :"+ Deleting mprs/sprs ingame"

I'll wait for the official patches because I don't want to remove stuff from the list and add them because they were put back in the next test patch

I'll keep my on that though
Quote from PLAYLIFE :"+ Deleting mprs/sprs ingame"

Smart tell...
Hi,isn't anyone who has complaints about the ingame camera.
I mean real time camera re-position,not pre defined positions (default,custom camera),
that will make things smoother .
Smoother:you know what to expect in a quicker way from every spot and any possible damage will be visible in a "flick".
And so on.......
Hallo
I think the MOST IMPORTANT now:
+Weather
+Day-night support for 24hour races and for other ex.: set of race start
+Sounds
weather and sounds have been suggested many times but I like the idea of nighttime as the day progresses. Good idea
Dont read all replys, but i think the weather could be like in Grand Prix 3/4, i didnt see such a good weather in any other game(drying race line, real clouds i mean its not raining all over the track etc.). Sorry for my english, iam tired. :banana:
Propper use of the Driver Level option
I can't find anything on this, so forgive me if it has been poited out before:

You know the personal level of driving that you can select noob,ok,quick and pro(forgive me if thats not the exact wording I'm not at LFS atm), if this level was automaticly selected for a driver depending on his lap times against current WR times in LFSW, and drivers could only join servers that matched their cradentials, eg. noob drivers on noob servers, pro drivers on pro servers.

This new driver level system would give new drivers a new every-day goal to better their lap times in hope to make it onto the next "level" server.
Quote from CSU1 :I can't find anything on this, so forgive me if it has been poited out before:

You know the personal level of driving that you can select noob,ok,quick and pro(forgive me if thats not the exact wording I'm not at LFS atm), if this level was automaticly selected for a driver depending on his lap times against current WR times in LFSW, and drivers could only join servers that matched their cradentials, eg. noob drivers on noob servers, pro drivers on pro servers.

This new driver level system would give new drivers a new every-day goal to better their lap times in hope to make it onto the next "level" server.

Various similar driver rating systems have been suggested and (IMO quite sensibly) rejected totally.
Why rejected?
Quote from CSU1 :Why rejected?

Primarily because it does stuff only on speed, not crashes and stuff.

Also, racing people faster than you is good practise as well.
Well, if Pro is almost full and Noob almost empty...
Why would you buy LFS then as Noob (or maybe better)
Quote from duke_toaster :Primarily because it does stuff only on speed, not crashes and stuff.

Well, that post just doesn't make any sense Duke!
Do you mean it was posted in the wrong thread?
@ blackass Because it would be more like real life; advancing your way yp through the ranks, and a system like this could be so easily implimented ze LFS!!!Rofl???
-
(CSU1) DELETED by CSU1

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG