The online racing simulator
This isn't in the log, so probably nobody said it already, or it wasn't noticed. But I would like an option to click on a server once, and it refreshes (number of players/ping), clicking double on it would make you join the server. Because often when a server is full, there would be a slot open in just a while, but it isn't usefull to refersh the whole list if you're just looking and interested in one server.
Quote from sgt.flippy :This isn't in the log, so probably nobody said it already, or it wasn't noticed. But I would like an option to click on a server once, and it refreshes (number of players/ping), clicking double on it would make you join the server. Because often when a server is full, there would be a slot open in just a while, but it isn't usefull to refersh the whole list if you're just looking and interested in one server.

If I recall it right, LFS downloads the whole "connection list" everytime you click the "update the list"-button. So atm. LFS can't request any precise single server information from the master server (not sure...?).

And by using the method of yours, the slot would have probably be gone while you update the info for that one server

Something like queueing the players would be better imho
I used to do it with other games all the time. I would just refresh a particular server a few times, untill a slot came free, and then I would enter and MOST of the time, I could enter. Either way, there should be a possibility to que, or to refresh a single server.
I was wondering , when will we get those "speed" sounds and feels, let's say when you're passing at really high speed near a slow vehicle or stopped one and you hear that "woosh" , or when yo are in that car an hear that same "whoosh" and feel your car beeing jerked around by the other's "wall" of air being pushed by their car. IRL when you're stopped by a road and some car goes very past by you you feel the effect of the air that's beiung pushed by that car, your car rattles for a second or two

T -2 Months 'till my S2 license
my idea
curved barriers!!!!

:thumb3d: :boing: :iagree:
edit: oops wrong section
On the Tracks Side, I Believe that it would be a great idea to put some stage tracks based on beautiful locations around the world. Circuits are good, but long roads are nice too :P . I mean, some in the way of the old NFS Porsche. Tracks you love to drive just for the beauty of their landscapes, and with its beginning and its end. Not all in life are closed circuits
um... dont you think people already thought of that ? whoops i made a pointless post... that is 10 lashes mandatory
Quote from Gabkicks :um... dont you think people already thought of that ? whoops i made a pointless post... that is 10 lashes mandatory

Yeah, i know more people than me thought that, i posted it because i didnt see it in the summary of the 1st page of this thread
Sssspppplll Llliiiiittttt
There Should be 2 forums for Demo Racers and Lisenced Racers... What do ya think? S2 can be password protected or open for demo's to see but not comment +1
i dunno... most demo racers are well behaved and nice so there's no real reason i can think of right now at 12:28AM for it
but alot of demo racers are asking the same questions over and over, careless to look around... they could have a more welcome forums and we could have a more complex one, sorta like going to school, learn the basics and whatnot, like something I learned recently --> alot of ppl say cheers and mate... so

Cheers Mate...
And maybe in the demo forum they should be allowed to have really big signatures that are actually really useless and stuff, and for the S2 licensed people the signatures should be limited to about 5 lines or something and no bigger writing than 3 points.

Demo racers often are asses on track (noooo, not all of them, but to find an ass you're chances are bigger on demo servers). But here on the forum they really don't bother me that much, sometimes I feel like there are people around here, that first look to the license of a person, before they read the actual post. And they think the post is worthless if there is "demo" under the name.

I agree that a lot of demo racers ask stupid questions, but there are licensed people with stupid questions too...
Quote from sgt.flippy :And maybe in the demo forum they should be allowed to have really big signatures that are actually really useless and stuff, and for the S2 licensed people the signatures should be limited to about 5 lines or something and no bigger writing than 3 points.

What was that?
* BrakePad wear-out
* Different BreakPad Settings. Classic,.., Ceramic.. (softer->harder breaking)
* maybe Break disc Temperature/wear
* screetching Sound when breaking with cold Pads

... Linux Dedicated srv

AlexX!!
i want see in final s2 or in s3 old blackwood gp + old bl gp rev, like sprint confings in SO...
I want a seperate 3d model for incar view. If we don't have this already. It would partly solve the problem of incar view having such a drastic impact on the fps. My fps gets more than doubled if I use wheels view, this just isn't right. The outside of the car and the wheels shouldn't be modeled anylonger when incar, just the bonnet, mirror and spoiler. In the open wheelers you can't delete that much, but it'll still have an impact.
private layouts and maybe private skins
I really would like to get that autocross opened between the actual autocross and the skid circle...like in this thread i made a little while back:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=10574
I know that it's possible to go everywhere in the map already with reset button or crashing over fences(except for the drag strip i was talking about in the thread ^^) So it would be nice to just remove those barrier and repair some holes in the design... Would be damn good for more surface and more fun(drifting practice, city driving, etc.)

Just wanted to take this suggestion a little further...if it could be possible to add it to the list plz

Mart
Dont know if this has been mentioned before, but when starting the sessions from the Garage the car is already started, making the ignition button useless. Could we start into the Sessions with the engine beeing off?

Another small suggestion that I found useful would be some kind of option in the Garage Menu to write some notices and Infos about the Setup, could be saved as a small txt file within the Setup file perhaps?

When setting up the Gear Rations in the Setup Screen one can either click for every unit with the Mouse which can take long, or drag the mark to an approxiametely point. Wouldnt it be nice to have another button next to the ">" button to go up by 10, or 5 units per Mouse click?

The 'look left 'look right' is very hard to use when going side by side, is there a way to set it up to ones own likings, like perhaps just looking 45° to the side, that would be very useful when fighting for position. Although I expect the TrackIR to arrive this week, so hopefully it will work well with LFS.
Please can we have the option to move the minimap!! Having just become S2 licensed I find it very difficult to learn the circuits and remember where I'm going when the map is being covered by text all the time. I've tried "-" to block messages but some still get through.

And yes I'm well aware that I can race offline to learn the tracks, but it's not the same as being out in competition and watching other peoples racing lines......

Thanks
Boost level changing not too much and maybe restrict it but if you abuse your car or upped it high as it can go your engine should blow after a lap or two but I can see its uses in auto x also same with a standard boost make it so when you abuse it too anything from the clutch to pistons can go or just have an engine blown message with a nice bang noise.

Also starter motor sounds when engine is starting

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG