The online racing simulator
LFS to be re branded NFS
After reading your comprehensive list of suggested improvements, i can see that many people racing on lfs should stick to NFS, with suggestions like 'A free roam city' and sharing body kits, ect.

LESS CRUISE SERVERS AND MORE REAL RACING!!!!
There are already countless threads on this topic. This one should be kept clean of it IMO.
Quote from Aussie_Alex_2007 :After reading your comprehensive list of suggested improvements, i can see that many people racing on lfs should stick to NFS, with suggestions like 'A free roam city' and sharing body kits, ect.

LESS CRUISE SERVERS AND MORE REAL RACING!!!!

It's funny how boolean some people's mind is
Whatever's not a FIA fanboy kind of thing is NFS!

When NFS physics will be 50% as good as LFS's give me a sign please
Would it be possible to have 2 different models for each car, one with say 5000 polygons and the other with 10k and an option setting to use either one? For us with better PC ofcourse. But models are hardcoded into the .exe, right?
Add this to "formation lap"

Players can drive it with limiter on, and will be auto/manually (player setting) turned off when green flag is waved.
As somebody who is more into the autocross aspect of this game (for off-season training purposes):

- I'd like to see some additional tire compound choices. The XR GT is the closest available car to my real-life ride, but it feels like it is on crappy street tires. My car (a Miata) pulls 1.3G on asphalt on the tires I run. I'd like to see some autocross-specific tires available, that are very soft, heat up quickly, and provide that kind of grip.

- The ability to use more ballast than what is allowed now. I could probably get the LX4 up to the right weight and distribution of my real car if enough ballast was allowed. (I need to add 1000lbs to it)

Bret
A fast edit got wrong
[color="Silver"] + Engines can stall[COLOR]
should be
[COLOR="Silver"] + Engines can stall[/COLOR]
Quote from DeXteRrBDN :A fast edit got wrong
[color="Silver"] + Engines can stall[COLOR]
should be
[COLOR="Silver"] + Engines can stall[/COLOR]

Heh, thanks for noticing

(it was teh editor)
no, thanks to you to get the list updated

it's nice to see a "more silver" list with time

BTW
+ Remove live anti-rollbar adjustments from road cars: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=7122

it got into X30, didn't it?
Quote from neurokinetik :As somebody who is more into the autocross aspect of this game (for off-season training purposes):

- I'd like to see some additional tire compound choices. The XR GT is the closest available car to my real-life ride, but it feels like it is on crappy street tires. My car (a Miata) pulls 1.3G on asphalt on the tires I run. I'd like to see some autocross-specific tires available, that are very soft, heat up quickly, and provide that kind of grip.

What? 1.3G? That seems insanely high
Quote from danben7 :What? 1.3G? That seems insanely high

that is...really high

1g is amazing for a street car...I doubt super sticky tires would kick it up .3g who knows though

those tires would make the uf 1000 and xfg flip over goin around a corner lol.
Quote from spanks :that is...really high

1g is amazing for a street car...I doubt super sticky tires would kick it up .3g who knows though

those tires would make the uf 1000 and xfg flip over goin around a corner lol.

Kumho V710s or Hoosier A6s on a Miata, with proper setup can yield 1.3G, and I've got the datalogs to prove it. It is not uncommon at all for dedicated auto-x cars to acheive these kinds of numbers, and even higher. The tires in question have a treadwear rating of 30 or 40, which is in contrast to most street tires which are around 300 (140 for the stickiest of street tires). Not to mention I am running 225/50 tires instead of 185/60 like normally comes on the car.

But this is not the thread for these kinds of discussions...
Not sure if you're gonna like this one

There are blinkers but no blinkers' click sound

It would be great.
car crashes are unrealistic
hi, i think accidents between 2 cars, like little touches in a hairping are very unrealistic, when a car gets touched by other it flies away spining and doing lots of stuff like if they had no grip or weitgh. just take a look at any race in btcc o any touring car champ. and you don't feel like the other car has enough weitght, you barely touch (or been touched) and that's it.

we need more friction! more side by side action.
all the other things are great and make this "game" the best sim in the planet and it's getting better in every patch
Weather Changes
I think it would be a cool idea if in S3 or even earlier versions; there would be snow and rain. I think this would make for an interesting race.
1+
I'd like to add a suggestion to the setups.
Everyone is talking about restricting setups, forcing this and that... Why not have a server option to force a setup? That way everyone would be equal, wouldn't really be good for BF1, but it would be nice for XFG (like Yaris or Clio cup or something).
Would be kinda hard core mode: all views equal, all setups equal.

A con is that for different controls, some people like different sets...
Quote from sgt.flippy :I'd like to add a suggestion to the setups.
Everyone is talking about restricting setups, forcing this and that... Why not have a server option to force a setup? That way everyone would be equal, wouldn't really be good for BF1, but it would be nice for XFG (like Yaris or Clio cup or something).
Would be kinda hard core mode: all views equal, all setups equal.

A con is that for different controls, some people like different sets...

What? every driver has it own style! i like a little bit understeer with a nervous front and other like understeer.

any how u setup a car, one driver will always be bether!
Quote from ealoken :What? every driver has it own style! i like a little bit understeer with a nervous front and other like understeer.

any how u setup a car, one driver will always be bether!

That's the whole point. I did say there is a con that some people like other sets.
But the big advantage would be: you can see who is really fast, and who just has the best setup. Of course, a good setup alone won't make you win. But it would eliminate the fact some people don't have a setup and don't have a chance of winning against people with a set.
And it would definitaly make for some close racing.
#421 - AMB
spectators
although lots have been sugested on the spectators i think something as simple as camera flashes going off in the crowds and from the tops of bridges along the race tracks,would giive the game a little more reality.
Suggestions:

Stock Cars:
or

Low Banked Short Ovals (Like Bristol)

Regular Speedway Ovals (Like Darlington)

Modified Stock:
On LFS world we have a PB comparison with the World record but it would be nice if a median PB was calculated and use as a benchmark amongst all Licenced racers for each combo (using only PB done after maybe 5 or 10 laps to avoid a biased median ).

Using a similar system we could have a rank for each combo!
Would be great if we could have a FULL simulation of the adjustable components in an F1 car eg, Live diff adjust, air fuel mix, rev limit, oil pump, diff settings depending on tyre (especially if we get wet weather)

Kinda like this....

http://www.f1technical.net/art ... i/images/steering-bmw.jpg

I know not everyone would use them, but it's something I've wanted in a racing sim for SO long and the LFS BF1 is the closest thing we have to a proper F1 simulator.

Suggested improvements log [READ before making a new thread]
(872 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG